ADVERTISEMENT

Lyke - Nominated for AD of the Year

2021 Pitt - Football- (6-5) Basketball- (10-12)
2020 Winner Florida - Football- (11-2) Basketball-(19-12)
2019 Kentucky - F-(10-3) B-(30-7)
2018 Northwestern - F-(10-3) B-(15-17)
2017 Clemson - F-(14-1 National Champion) B-(17-16)
2016 Ohio State - F-(12-1) B-(21-14)
2015 Arkansas - F-(7-6) B-(27-9 Sweet 16)
2014 Duke F-(10-4) B-(26-9)
2013 Arkansas - F(4-8) B-(19-13)

I agree that it's more than just success in the 2 major sports, but she'd be the first AD to win in the last 8 years without a good season in at least one of the two sports. I don't know enough about Arkansas to understand how they won twice in 3 years.

Se has done an amazing job so far regardless if she wins or not.

I’m not sure how long this award has been around, but does anyone know if a Pitt athletic director has been up for this award before?

I agree that it's more than just success in the 2 major sports, but she'd be the first AD to win in the last 8 years without a good season in at least one of the two sports. I don't know enough about Arkansas to understand how they won twice in 3 years.

It's probably partially a popularity contest. The fact that she got nominated without football or basketball having a great season, should tell people something.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
What is a CEO's job? A million things, sure. But what is it really? Increase the share price and pay dividends to shareholders. That's essentially it.

Yea, I mean I get that an AD has a lot of sh!t to do but almost none of it matters if your football and basketball teams aren't winning. The AD's job is to make sure those teams win. If they dont, revenues and donations drop big time. Dont be stupid.

Has Pitt's revenue increased?

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I've posted this before but I will post it again because you cannot understand the AD role until you understand the role of sports in college.

The purpose of college athletics is to reward those willing to put in the work and who have special talent with an education they may not have been able to acquire through other means. It’s to put a group of kids on a field or court and let them represent the values of their school with pride. It’s to turn kids into adults through values of discipline, sportsmanship, and work ethic. The purpose of college sports is not to increase revenue. That’s the by-product of a good sports program.

The purpose of college sports is not to get to the professional level. Professional sports is a by-product of the values outlined above coupled with incredible talent. Many of our country’s men in particular feel like if they’re good at a sport they don’t need to be well educated. They feel as if they can just make it to the NBA or the NFL then everything will be fine. But therein lies the problem. There are 400,000 NCAA athletes. 395,000 of them will never get paid to play their sport.

There has to be some sort of change.

Until we are able to truly understand that college sports aren’t about money there will be scandals. There will be teams finding loopholes in the system. And there will be coaches, players, and administrations that break the rules.

That’s the real purpose of college athletics. Turning kids into grown ups.
It’s not only about taking classes and it’s not only about shooting 70 percent from the free throw line. Education is a process to build independence and foster good decision-making.

That’s what it takes to be a good student and a good athlete. It’s also what it takes to be a good person and a good citizen. This is the purpose of college athletics.

We just don’t seem to realize it.

I could substitute "YOU" for "We" in the last sentence and it would be 100% accurate.

https://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/real-purpose-college-athletics-admc/
The purpose to whom?

To university administrators, college athletics is and always has been about school prestige and money.

To Students and Alumni it's about entertainment and pride.

To college coaches and athletic department employees it's about a job, money, and advancement.

To many of the players it's about opening up doors and opportunities that wouldn't generally be afforded to a person in their financial or societal situation.

Stop romanticizing college athletics to fit your preferred narrative. It hasn't been about "life training" for students since before your birth, if it was ever truly about that. In 1852, the very first intercollegiate sports event in the US had a corporate sponsor and paid rewards to the participating athletes. Within 40 years, the hiring of professional coaches and trainers as well as the recruiting of elite talent became standardized among the top schools. By 1928 the median football coach salary was equal to that of the dean in a survey of more than 100 universities.

How many of these sound familiar? These are from a 1928 report looking at the growth of college sports in the 19th century.
From 1890 to 1905...It was common practice for partisans of certain larger institutions to make almost regular annual campaigns for drawing players away from smaller colleges...was furthered by the fact that registration of special students in a single subject was common practice.
During the following decade recruiting and proselyting increased amazingly among American colleges, and the importation of "ringers" for a season or a single game became common.
Grades assigned by school teachers for particular courses are known to have been raised by certifying officers on solicitation of college coaches or alumni in order to enable boys to slip easily into college. The complaints of not a few college officials, verified by field agents of this study, indicate that these dishonest practices are far more extensive than is generally realized.
The abuses which reached open crises about 1890, 1900, and 1905 have not by any means been eliminated even by the guarded publicity that they have recently re-ceived; they are probably more deliberately practiced but more carefully covered than they have been at any previous period.
Certain Eastern private schools have received boys supported not by their parents but by college alumni, and prepared them for passing university entrance requirements for particular institutions, where also they were to be financed in order to participate in athletics...Our study has revealed arrangements be-tween college coaches on the one hand and high school and academy coaches on the other, whereby, all unknown to the authorities of either school or college, promising athletic material
rapidly rising exenditure for athletics, which called for increased funds for their support, whether from subscriptions or from gate receipts or from both. Charges for admission to football contests, the origin of which is obscure, advanced in some instances to $1.50. Special financial support began to be solicited from alumni. One result was that alumni who made generous contributions to college athletics received, openly or covertly, in return, a generous share in their control

1929 Carnegie Foundation Report on College Athletics Growth in late 19th-early 20th century

Such a shame the NCAA doesn't actually care about that.
As long as the schools do, who cares about the NCAA. More accurately, as long as my school - Pitt - does, I don't care about the NCAA.

Besides, the NCAA does much more for college athletes than the stuff posted here.

The purpose to whom?

To university administrators, college athletics is and always has been about school prestige and money.

To Students and Alumni it's about entertainment and pride.

To college coaches and athletic department employees it's about a job, money, and advancement.

To many of the players it's about opening up doors and opportunities that wouldn't generally be afforded to a person in their financial or societal situation.

Stop romanticizing college athletics to fit your preferred narrative. It hasn't been about "life training" for students since before your birth, if it was ever truly about that. In 1852, the very first intercollegiate sports event in the US had a corporate sponsor and paid rewards to the participating athletes. Within 40 years, the hiring of professional coaches and trainers as well as the recruiting of elite talent became standardized among the top schools. By 1928 the median football coach salary was equal to that of the dean in a survey of more than 100 universities.

How many of these sound familiar? These are from a 1928 report looking at the growth of college sports in the 19th century.

1929 Carnegie Foundation Report on College Athletics Growth in late 19th-early 20th century
400k athletes participate in collegiate sports. It is absolutely true for all but a thousand who get paid in their sport.

You, like SMF, seem wrongly enamored only with FB and BB.

Reactions: Upg bobcat
Congratulations!
HAIL to ADHD.

I hope Heather wins it !!!!!!!!!

Here's this year's records of the coaches Lyke has hired:
Baseball ...Mike Bell (year 3) ...20-11 (14-10) currently ranked in top 20
Basketball, Men's ...Capel (year 3)...10-12 (6-10)
Basketball, Women's ...White (year 3)...5-14 (3-12)
Gymnastics ...Snider (year 4)...6-10-1 (5-7-1)
Soccer, Women's ...Waldrum (year 3) ...11-5 (3-5)
Softball ...Jodi Hermanek (year 3)...16-27 (11-22)
Wrestling ...Gavin (year 4)... 3-4 (1-4) 11th place finish at NCAAs

Hires of prior ADs:
Football ...Narduzzi (year 6) 6-5 (5-5): hired under Pederson, extended by Lyke
Soccer, Men's ...Vidovich (year 5) 14-3 (9-1) Currently ranked #2: Hired by Barnes
Swimming & Diving ...Hargis (year 5) men 9th at ACCs, 26th at NCAAs; women 11th at ACCs: Hired by Barnes
Track & Field: Webb (year 19) ACC Indoor Men 4th; NCAAs 37th; ACC Indoor Women 13th: Hired by Pederson
Volleyball: Fisher (year 8) 19-5 (14-4) reached Elite 8 at NCAAs: Hired by Pederson, extended by Lyke

Cross Country ...Brad Herbster (year 4, really hired as an assistant by Webb during Lyke's tenure) ...ACC finish of men 10th; women 14th

Major happenings during Lyke's tenure:
Pete renovation
Peterson Sports Complex 3rd floor
Starting women's lacrosse
Cut women's tennis
Firing Kevin Stallings after year 2
Pitt Studios opening and partnership with NEP
Initiated Pitt Hall of Fame
Victory Heights plans announcement
JMI rights deal
color rebranding

I've posted this before but I will post it again because you cannot understand the AD role until you understand the role of sports in college.

The purpose of college athletics is to reward those willing to put in the work and who have special talent with an education they may not have been able to acquire through other means. It’s to put a group of kids on a field or court and let them represent the values of their school with pride. It’s to turn kids into adults through values of discipline, sportsmanship, and work ethic. The purpose of college sports is not to increase revenue. That’s the by-product of a good sports program.

The purpose of college sports is not to get to the professional level. Professional sports is a by-product of the values outlined above coupled with incredible talent. Many of our country’s men in particular feel like if they’re good at a sport they don’t need to be well educated. They feel as if they can just make it to the NBA or the NFL then everything will be fine. But therein lies the problem. There are 400,000 NCAA athletes. 395,000 of them will never get paid to play their sport.

There has to be some sort of change.

Until we are able to truly understand that college sports aren’t about money there will be scandals. There will be teams finding loopholes in the system. And there will be coaches, players, and administrations that break the rules.

It’s not only about taking classes and it’s not only about shooting 70 percent from the free throw line. Education is a process to build independence and foster good decision-making.

That’s what it takes to be a good student and a good athlete. It’s also what it takes to be a good person and a good citizen. This is the purpose of college athletics.

We just don’t seem to realize it.

I could substitute "YOU" for "We" in the last sentence and it would be 100% accurate.

https://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/real-purpose-college-athletics-admc/
Get outta here, man. You can't be serious with this. Look at coaching salaries, recording studies being put in football facilities, massive expansion which increases travel and reduces rivalries, etc. What you posted is a joke.

Get outta here, man. You can't be serious with this. Look at coaching salaries, recording studies being put in football facilities, massive expansion which increases travel and reduces rivalries, etc. What you posted is a joke.
OF course it is ... because people who don't understand something always write it off as a joke. That's exactly your problem.

“Get outta here, man. You can't be serious with this.”

That’s strange…. I have the same reaction when I read one of your posts…..

Reactions: pierre93
OF course it is ... because people who don't understand something always write it off as a joke. That's exactly your problem.
What you posted are basic job requirements. Any AD has to do all those things. But, ultimately, your football and basketball teams have to win because no matter how good you are administratively, if you keep hiring poor football and basketball coaches and they dont win, you will be fired.

If a CEO was responsible for changing the culture in a positive manner, all the employees were happy, their philanthropic efforts were through the roof, and they promoted women and minorities in large numbers but thier share price kept falling, the CEO would be fired.

Football and men's basketball is BIG BUSINESS despite what you want to believe. An AD is the CEO responsible for those programs. If those 2 programs dont win, its sayonara no matter how many volleyball arenas you build or how many players graduate.

What you posted are basic job requirements. Any AD has to do all those things. But, ultimately, your football and basketball teams have to win because no matter how good you are administratively, if you keep hiring poor football and basketball coaches and they dont win, you will be fired.

If a CEO was responsible for changing the culture in a positive manner, all the employees were happy, their philanthropic efforts were through the roof, and they promoted women and minorities in large numbers but thier share price kept falling, the CEO would be fired.

Football and men's basketball is BIG BUSINESS despite what you want to believe. An AD is the CEO responsible for those programs. If those 2 programs dont win, its sayonara no matter how many volleyball arenas you build or how many players graduate.
Colleges are non-profit. They are not for-profit businesses. You obviously fail to recognize that.

The reality of ADs getting fired due to FB and BB is rare. You have a misperception of this because you refuse to accept that your view is wrong.

Your point is noted. However, what the rest of us are saying is, that a high level of success of the basketball & Football programs is not the only measurement of success. The measurement for those programs is to be competitive. That measurement is established not by you, but by the eggheads who run the University. The rest of the job of an AD is just as important, if not more important.
If I’m reading you correctly, in your view, Heather should be put on notice or fired.

It would be hilarious if she wins… You’ll never live that one down either….

Your point is noted. However, what the rest of us are saying is, that a high level of success of the basketball & Football programs is not the only measurement of success. The measurement for those programs is to be competitive. That measurement is established not by you, but by the eggheads who run the University. The rest of the job of an AD is just as important, if not more important.
If I’m reading you correctly, in your view, Heather should be put on notice or fired.

It would be hilarious if she wins… You’ll never live that one down either….
I think he sees it as a badge of honor to have posts that others would never live down.

It seems to be a weird personalty quirk (I'm being polite, here).

I think he sees it as a badge of honor to have posts that others would never live down.

It seems to be a weird personalty quirk (I'm being polite, here).
No true Pitt fan would go out of their way to diss our AD that is in the final 5 for being the AD of the year. Some on here are such trolls, SMF taking the honors!

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Look, I can't see how this is possible.

Heather Lyke has not convinced Comcast cable to carry the ACC Network!
Heather Lyke has not gotten an on campus stadium built, with all the bells and whistles, with parking and easy access.
Heather Lyke has failed to convince Notre Dame to be a full time member in the ACC and share its NBC revenue.
Heather Lyke has not recruited a 5 star NFL caliber QB for the football team.
Heather Lyke has not recruited a 5 star, NBA lottery pick for the basketball team.
Heather Lyke has not supplanted the Steelers and Penguins as the dominant sports teams in town.

It's all her fault!

The AD's job is to ensure the men's basketball and football team win games. That's it. Everything else is a distant 2nd.
I agree. What the women's volleyball team has done the last two seasons and the men's soccer team is doing has disgusted me. Let's hope the baseball and softball teams falter so we have reasons to take resources away from them and give it to the only sports that matter.

Sadly you don't feel pride when a Pitt team does well. Congrats to the non revenue sports team that represent the university so well and continued success.

Reactions: ThePanthers
The job is more complexed than that. The job of the AD is to oversea all aspects of the athletic department. The most important thing is for the AD to field competitive teams in every sport. Not championship teams, but competitive teams. Competitive teams create interest. Interest creates donors, future alumni, etc… Yes, football and basketball are the most important for drawing revenue but Pitt has been competitive in both sports sans the last few years with basketball…
as much as I hate to agree with SMF...simply untrue...The most important thing for an AD is to have winning football and basketball programs always in the hunt...Its nice to talk about how everyone cares about the other sports but numerically, uh, they don't...I have no idea how well Pitt's swimming teams did in the late 70's nor did I care how wresting team did when Pitt was number 1 seed in the NCAAs.. The ADs job is to use the prestige and cash flow of the big two to manage all the rest.

Colleges are non-profit. They are not for-profit businesses. You obviously fail to recognize that.

The reality of ADs getting fired due to FB and BB is rare. You have a misperception of this because you refuse to accept that your view is wrong.
Lol.

Football and men's basketball are most certainly "for profit." The profits are redistributed to pay for the Olympic sports. Without football and basketball success, there's less for the Olympic sports.

I agree. What the women's volleyball team has done the last two seasons and the men's soccer team is doing has disgusted me. Let's hope the baseball and softball teams falter so we have reasons to take resources away from them and give it to the only sports that matter.

Sadly you don't feel pride when a Pitt team does well. Congrats to the non revenue sports team that represent the university so well and continued success.
You have watched a combined 2 games of those teams....maybe. You dont care at all about those teams. Like 46 people do besides the parents. Stop pretending to care. Its football and basketball. Everything else is a "nice story."

Lol.

Football and men's basketball are most certainly "for profit." The profits are redistributed to pay for the Olympic sports. Without football and basketball success, there's less for the Olympic sports.
That's exactly true. They are every bit as profit and revenue driven as GE. In fact, these P5 football programs should be taxed on their revenue.

as much as I hate to agree with SMF...simply untrue...The most important thing for an AD is to have winning football and basketball programs always in the hunt...Its nice to talk about how everyone cares about the other sports but numerically, uh, they don't...I have no idea how well Pitt's swimming teams did in the late 70's nor did I care how wresting team did when Pitt was number 1 seed in the NCAAs.. The ADs job is to use the prestige and cash flow of the big two to manage all the rest.
Everyone knows I'm right except for the same 6-7 posters on here who pretend to care about olympic sports but dont follow those teams at all. When your football team has been mediocre for 40 years in a row and your basketball team is one of the worst in the P6, it really doesn't matter how good the Olympic sports teams are because they dont have any fans. Its cool that they are good but they dont matter.

Amazing job of hiding out, giving undeserved extensions, and doing pretty much nothing.

Lol.

I learn more about your ignorance with every post. Now you prove to not even understand understand what a "non-profit" is. With your confusion on every single issue, its no wonder you're the butt of so many insulting comments.

Everyone knows I'm right except for the same 6-7 posters on here who pretend to care about olympic sports but dont follow those teams at all. When your football team has been mediocre for 40 years in a row and your basketball team is one of the worst in the P6, it really doesn't matter how good the Olympic sports teams are because they dont have any fans. Its cool that they are good but they dont matter.
What you fail to understand is that I care far more about Pitt than I do about its FB or BB programs. I care that Pitt treats the non-revenue athletes as well as they do under Lyke. You're just a fan of the big sports. You're not a fan of Pitt nor its mission wrt to students.

Reactions: pittmeister
The brand is football. And it’s mediocre. Basketball is a complete dumpster fire. All these Olympic sports lose millions and practically nobody attends or donates to them. Outside five programs, the other 13 are either mediocre or flat out bad. Pitt is still near dead last in P5 revenues. Last in athletic donations in the ACC. There is little buzz or excitement with football. Merchandise sales are down after the new color euphoria went away. Heather didn’t hire Pitts two most successful coaches. She extended its two worst. And Pitt still raids the general fund of millions each year to subsidize athletics. Sure let’s give this yellow blouse lady an award. You Pitt fans are pathetic losers.

I learn more about your ignorance with every post. Now you prove to not even understand understand what a "non-profit" is. With your confusion on every single issue, its no wonder you're the butt of so many insulting comments.
Dude, I know that football and basketball are technically "non-profit." However, I am not an utter moron like you and realize that that's simply an IRS designation. Their goal is to generate as much profit as possible so that they can reinvest in their programs and the Olympic sports programs. Football and basketball are every bit as profit-driven as the Steelers and Pirates. The difference is that instead of existing to make their owners money, they exist to fund the Olympic sports programs (and yea, develop student-athletes, yada yada yada).

Football and Basketball are a results business.

The brand is football. And it’s mediocre. Basketball is a complete dumpster fire. All these Olympic sports lose millions and practically nobody attends or donates to them. Outside five programs, the other 13 are either mediocre or flat out bad. Pitt is still near dead last in P5 revenues. Last in athletic donations in the ACC. There is little buzz or excitement with football. Merchandise sales are down after the new color euphoria went away. Heather didn’t hire Pitts two most successful coaches. She extended its two worst. And Pitt still raids the general fund of millions each year to subsidize athletics. Sure let’s give this yellow blouse lady an award. You Pitt fans are pathetic losers.
I don't even believe they really feel the way they do. They are just posting these things to mess with me. They know I'm right and that olympic sports dont matter.

You have watched a combined 2 games of those teams....maybe. You dont care at all about those teams. Like 46 people do besides the parents. Stop pretending to care. Its football and basketball. Everything else is a "nice story."
No. I actually have attended most non revenue sports events pre covid. Yes. Small crowds but that doesn't detract from the pride I feel watching them. And for the record. I am a hoops season ticket holder but not football because I have other things I do on Saturdays and can get a ticket (sadly) if I can make a game.

And I guess when Roger Kingdom's Olympic medals meant nothing to you as a Pitt alum. And I can imagine if you and this board were around when Salk discovered the polio vaccine. You would have said that's fine but we lost in the Peach Bowl. It's sad.

Reactions: caleco's
In addition this lass touts anthracite as a Pitt color. Could mortgage Pitts future with victory Heights per Gallagher since her fundraising fell far short. Has a track program with no track. Has no plan for when the Heinz lease expires. Has two major programs under probation despite her compliance background. And is using pitt as a stepping stone to build her resume to get back to Michigan and become AD at Sparty.

Again, as I posted on the Pitt PAY board, where real Pitt fans go to talk about real Pitt things and aren't too cheap to pay for it......

You can't blame Lyke for Capel and the basketball program. When he was hired, it was pretty much considered a home run hire by everyone on here and within the basketball community. It is sort of like blaming Michigan for hiring Harbaugh or Texas for hiring Tom Herman. For some reason, they just didn't or aren't working out like all thought.

Hiring Jeff Capel, was a better hire than when Pitt hired Jamie Dixon. Dixon was a lazy, unimaginative hire. Now it ended up being a total home run, no one could foresee the run that would continue and get better, just like I don't think anyone could have predicted how the basketball program might quickly be back into Stallings levels. These things happen, and it is through no fault of the person who hired them.

Now....what she does, does she demand staff changes, does she hold Capel accountable for other stuff, yes, that is on her.

As for football. I think we are in a good spot, this year will tell alot. But Narduzzi has done nothing really fireable. He is doing basically what or a little better than every Pitt coach since Jackie Sherrill has done. So this is a Pitt problem moreso than an Athletic Director problem. She has maintained coaches, Pitt FB hasn't been this nightmare of transfers, it has been pretty stable. Now is the time to take that next step. Making a move just to make a move has been a Pitt reaction to every 3-4 year plan, without having a definitive coaching target. So...

Yeah, Football and Basketball need to get better. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But we saw what a couple of coaching moves did for the non revenue (the not for profit) sports. Ahem. I really, really like the Brennan Marion hire and think he will make an impact here. They have still managed to retain Partridge. There are good things going on.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
I don't even believe they really feel the way they do. They are just posting these things to mess with me. They know I'm right and that olympic sports dont matter.
Too many Pitt fans are A-Holes and lovers of mediocrity. Koolaid drinkers. Go wander the desert for another 35 years. You get what you deserve. Go ahead and enable heather and bow down before her yellow blouse greatness. She and Narduzzi need to be run out of town. Fools you are.

Again, as I posted on the Pitt PAY board, where real Pitt fans go to talk about real Pitt things and aren't too cheap to pay for it......

You can't blame Lyke for Capel and the basketball program. When he was hired, it was pretty much considered a home run hire by everyone on here and within the basketball community. It is sort of like blaming Michigan for hiring Harbaugh or Texas for hiring Tom Herman. For some reason, they just didn't or aren't working out like all thought.

Hiring Jeff Capel, was a better hire than when Pitt hired Jamie Dixon. Dixon was a lazy, unimaginative hire. Now it ended up being a total home run, no one could foresee the run that would continue and get better, just like I don't think anyone could have predicted how the basketball program might quickly be back into Stallings levels. These things happen, and it is through no fault of the person who hired them.

Now....what she does, does she demand staff changes, does she hold Capel accountable for other stuff, yes, that is on her.

As for football. I think we are in a good spot, this year will tell alot. But Narduzzi has done nothing really fireable. He is doing basically what or a little better than every Pitt coach since Jackie Sherrill has done. So this is a Pitt problem moreso than an Athletic Director problem. She has maintained coaches, Pitt FB hasn't been this nightmare of transfers, it has been pretty stable. Now is the time to take that next step. Making a move just to make a move has been a Pitt reaction to every 3-4 year plan, without having a definitive coaching target. So...

Yeah, Football and Basketball need to get better. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But we saw what a couple of coaching moves did for the non revenue (the not for profit) sports. Ahem. I really, really like the Brennan Marion hire and think he will make an impact here. They have still managed to retain Partridge. There are good things going on.
Excuses enable the lazy and stupid.

Here’s what I am saying… It doesn’t matter what we think, it only matters what the administration, donors, influential alumni and fellow ACC member schools think…And they think highly of Heather and what Pitt brings to the table.

That’s it….. The rest is just conversation…

They don’t give two f*cks about what SMF thinks….

To them, he’s a hunchbacked, one eyed weasel, with a low IQ, that doesn’t donate, doesn’t attend games, but demands championships from the two biggest sports…. Pathetic….

I pretty much agree with you on everything. I liked the Capel hire but I'm not being paid close to 7 figures to make it. At the end of the day, Heather is going to be responsible for buying out a coach with 4-5 years left on his contract. I would also wonder if NOW is the right time to be upgrading seating at The Pete considering attendance will be putrid the next few years. Seems that money would be much better spent on hiring a big-time recruiter as an assistant coach because basketball recruiting is nearing all-time lows.

Agree on Narduzzi. He's a good guy but he's treading water. College football is basically a waste of time as a school like Pitt generally has no chance but if he has 2 more 6-6's or 7-5's, you pretty much have to make a change just for the sake of making a change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT