ADVERTISEMENT

Lyke - Nominated for AD of the Year

Dude, I know that football and basketball are technically "non-profit." However, I am not an utter moron like you and realize that that's simply an IRS designation. Their goal is to generate as much profit as possible so that they can reinvest in their programs and the Olympic sports programs. Football and basketball are every bit as profit-driven as the Steelers and Pirates. The difference is that instead of existing to make their owners money, they exist to fund the Olympic sports programs (and yea, develop student-athletes, yada yada yada).

Football and Basketball are a results business.
Only in your mind (and others' who don't care about the institution that is Pitt).

So far, you haven't gotten anything right.

I don't even believe they really feel the way they do. They are just posting these things to mess with me. They know I'm right and that olympic sports dont matter.
All sports matter to the university and its mission. Since more athletes participate in the non-revenue sports, I could easily argue that they actually matter more. But the simple-minded wouldn't understand that.

Only in your mind (and others' who don't care about the institution that is Pitt).

So far, you haven't gotten anything right.

The next time he gets something right, will be the first time….Don’t hold your breath…

Too many Pitt fans are A-Holes and lovers of mediocrity. Koolaid drinkers. Go wander the desert for another 35 years. You get what you deserve. Go ahead and enable heather and bow down before her yellow blouse greatness. She and Narduzzi need to be run out of town. Fools you are.
Who is the greater fool? Someone who is a fan of a team that has "wandered the desert for 35 years" and demands changes that he knows won't happen. Or someone who is a fan of the university and its associated teams with the knowledge that it will never compete with the all-in schools.

I'm thinking the greater fool is the first.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
All sports matter to the university and its mission. Since more athletes participate in the non-revenue sports, I could easily argue that they actually matter more. But the simple-minded wouldn't understand that.
We arent D3 no matter how much you wished we were. Football and basketball are BIG business. They are essentially pro sports with revenues used to fund the amateur sports.

Trolling.....get lost

He’s another basement dweller…. Besides, making shadow pictures on the wall his only other source of entertainment is complaining about everything having to do with Pitt. A sad and pathetic existence in deed….

Last edited:
Reactions: pierre93
Dang SMF...you fired up all of your burner accounts to reply to this thread and you're still getting your butt handed to you.
No burner accounts and no butt handed to me. I am correct as evidenced by its only the same 6 people coming to the defense of the Olympic sports. You guys love the Olympic sports teams even though you arent fans of the teams at all. It is so so bizarre.

We arent D3 no matter how much you wished we were. Football and basketball are BIG business. They are essentially pro sports with revenues used to fund the amateur sports.
We all know it’s big business. What is your point?????

That Heather doesn’t deserve to be nominated?

You’ve turned a congratulations on an award nomination into a referendum on Heather. We did not nominate her. People who are a lot smarter and paid a great deal of money made the nomination.

Find out when and where the decision makers for this award meets. Then you can show up and present your case against Heather. I’m sure they’ll be excited and fascinated to hear your point of view…. You can be the comic relief…

I never wished we were D3. Yet again, you are wrong.

Have you ever been right on anything?

No burner accounts and no butt handed to me. I am correct as evidenced by its only the same 6 people coming to the defense of the Olympic sports. You guys love the Olympic sports teams even though you arent fans of the teams at all. It is so so bizarre.
Why do you completely ignore my points and post nonsense like this?

We all know it’s big business. What is your point?????

That Heather doesn’t deserve to be nominated?

You’ve turned a congratulations on an award nomination into a referendum on Heather. We did not nominate her. People who are a lot smarter and paid a great deal of money made the nomination.

Find out when and where the decision makers for this award meets. Then you can show up and present your case against Heather. I’m sure they’ll be excited and fascinated to hear your point of view…. You can be the comic relief…
I can care less that she was nominated but its meaningless. What's the criteria? These people value olympic sports and there is some level of "wokeness" in play here. If the criteria was JUST Olympic sports, then I would say she's right up there.

Although she did not hire Vidovich and Fisher, she is responsible for them not leaving for bigger for programs. And the Bell and Waldrum hires look great. But, for the millionth times, those programs are meaningless from a Pitt fan and revenue standpoint. Pitt soccer might literally win the National Championship and when I turned it on 5 minutes in, there were 763 people viewers, some of them being no doubt Monmouth or general soccer fans. So, how many Pitt fans watched the game? 500? The team is the #2 overall seed. I like watching them and rooting for them but Pitt fans clearly do not.

Like I said in the past, I used to enjoy SMF for entertainment purposes, but he has jumped the shark and became unbearable. I started ignoring him a few weeks ago. It's been nice.

I'm assuming he's doing more of the same other than seeing

Sean Miller Fan said:

You are ignoring content by them member. Show ignored content

I don't know why people respond and feed him.

I can care less that she was nominated but its meaningless. What's the criteria? These people value olympic sports and there is some level of "wokeness" in play here. If the criteria was JUST Olympic sports, then I would say she's right up there.

Although she did not hire Vidovich and Fisher, she is responsible for them not leaving for bigger for programs. And the Bell and Waldrum hires look great. But, for the millionth times, those programs are meaningless from a Pitt fan and revenue standpoint. Pitt soccer might literally win the National Championship and when I turned it on 5 minutes in, there were 763 people viewers, some of them being no doubt Monmouth or general soccer fans. So, how many Pitt fans watched the game? 500? The team is the #2 overall seed. I like watching them and rooting for them but Pitt fans clearly do not.

You’re writing a lot, but you are not getting to the point…

Ok, so you’re saying that she does not deserve any award. As a matter of fact, you wouldn’t mind if she gets fired.

Correct?

You’re writing a lot, but you are not getting to the point…

Ok, so you’re saying that she does not deserve any award. As a matter of fact, you wouldn’t mind if she gets fired.

Correct?
Today? No. However, Pitt basketball is going to picked 14th in the ACC next year and if they finish around there and Narduzzi goes 7-5 or 6-6 again, then I think its something you would have to strongly consider.

How many newby P6 ADs get to fire the first men's basketball and football coaches they hire/extend and then get to hire new ones?

Do you believe football and basketball success don't matter more than Olympic sports success?
Do you believe in trick double-negative questions?

The answer to your question is based on individual values. You, obviously, are so selfish that you demand their success to the detriment of the other sports. I'm not sure why that is. Bragging rights, I guess.

I, on the other hand, don't have such demands. I want to see the university succeed in its mission re students and the 300 non-revenue participants are no less important. So that includes placing all sports on an equal footing. While I might wish for more success, I don't obsess over it and am comfortable with Narduzzi staying until HE chooses otherwise, for example. I am just as happy when the baseball team and volleyball teams get ranked as when the FB and BB teams get ranked.

As I've already said, my fandom lies with Pitt and is not limited to FB and BB success. Somehow, you refuse to accept that as a possibility.

The brand is football. And it’s mediocre. Basketball is a complete dumpster fire. All these Olympic sports lose millions and practically nobody attends or donates to them. Outside five programs, the other 13 are either mediocre or flat out bad. Pitt is still near dead last in P5 revenues. Last in athletic donations in the ACC. There is little buzz or excitement with football. Merchandise sales are down after the new color euphoria went away. Heather didn’t hire Pitts two most successful coaches. She extended its two worst. And Pitt still raids the general fund of millions each year to subsidize athletics. Sure let’s give this yellow blouse lady an award. You Pitt fans are pathetic losers.
You are an ignorant sexist living in fantasy land.

DALLAS -- The National Football Foundation is withdrawing an award that it was to present to Penn State Athletic Director Tim Curley.

The NFF announced Wednesday that the John L. Toner award, given to an athletic director who has shown "outstanding dedication to college athletics and particularly college football," will not be presented at its award ceremony in December. The organization says there will be no winner for this year.

Earlier this year, the NFF, which also runs the college football hall of fame, announced Curley as the Toner award winner.

Curley has been charged with perjury and failure to report an alleged incident of child sex abuse by former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky to authorities, as required by state law. Curley took a leave of absence on Sunday night.

Do you believe in trick double-negative questions?

The answer to your question is based on individual values. You, obviously, are so selfish that you demand their success to the detriment of the other sports. I'm not sure why that is. Bragging rights, I guess.

I, on the other hand, don't have such demands. I want to see the university succeed in its mission re students and the 300 non-revenue participants are no less important. So that includes placing all sports on an equal footing. While I might wish for more success, I don't obsess over it and am comfortable with Narduzzi staying until HE chooses otherwise, for example. I am just as happy when the baseball team and volleyball teams get ranked as when the FB and BB teams get ranked.

As I've already said, my fandom lies with Pitt and is not limited to FB and BB success. Somehow, you refuse to accept that as a possibility.
That is fine. I actually believe you. However, you are the extremely rare Pitt fan who values swimming and gymnastics victories as much as football and basketball. Everyone else on this board who pretends to care about olympic sports really doesn't. They wont be watching the soccer tournament tomorrow. They didnt watch the volleyball Elite 8 or the Pitt guys in the wrestling finals. I did.

But as I said, if Pitt made some administrative decision to move all sports to D3 because they felt they could better accommplish their mission that way, you would support that....and you'd be the only one. You arent a very big Pitt sports fan.

Too many Pitt fans are A-Holes and lovers of mediocrity. Koolaid drinkers. Go wander the desert for another 35 years. You get what you deserve. Go ahead and enable heather and bow down before her yellow blouse greatness. She and Narduzzi need to be run out of town. Fools you are.
Who let out the misogynistic drunk?

• Haha
From the loudspeaker of mediocrity mid 1990s football

• Haha
That is fine. I actually believe you. However, you are the extremely rare Pitt fan who values swimming and gymnastics victories as much as football and basketball. Everyone else on this board who pretends to care about olympic sports really doesn't. They wont be watching the soccer tournament tomorrow. They didnt watch the volleyball Elite 8 or the Pitt guys in the wrestling finals. I did.

But as I said, if Pitt made some administrative decision to move all sports to D3 because they felt they could better accommplish their mission that way, you would support that....and you'd be the only one. You arent a very big Pitt sports fan.
Yet again, you are wrong. You keep proving it with every post.

Come on. You're not even good enough at burner accounts to make them look different. But you keep going champ. You're our special little guy.

Yet again, you are wrong. You keep proving it with every post.
Wrong about what? Would you care if Pitt, after some type of study, decided it can best fulfill its mission by dropping to D3? My guess is you would support that move or ANY move the university makes.

Wrong about what? Would you care if Pitt, after some type of study, decided it can best fulfill its mission by dropping to D3? My guess is you would support that move or ANY move the university makes.

Pitt could probably best fulfill it's mission by dropping to D3, to be honest.

I've responded twice by saying you're wrong. You seemingly don't understand English along with all other things on which you post.

I know Narduzzi is hardly a superstar HC but yikes some here act like he's been awful. Not the case at all. He's won at least 7 games in five of his six years as HC. He's finished 5 of 6 regular seasons with winning records. The schedules he's faced while not insanely difficult have been likely more consistently challenging than any schedules Pitt's played year in year out since the late 80s, he regularly goes .500 or better in league as well and his recruiting is improving. Could be a whole hell of a lot worse. Ain't super easy to win consistently at Pitt in FB.

I know Narduzzi is hardly a superstar HC but yikes some here act like he's been awful. Not the case at all. He's won at least 7 games in five of his six years as HC. He's finished 5 of 6 regular seasons with winning records. The schedules he's faced while not insanely difficult have been likely more consistently challenging than any schedules Pitt's played year in year out since the late 80s, he regularly goes .500 or better in league as well and his recruiting is improving. Could be a whole hell of a lot worse. Ain't super easy to win consistently at Pitt in FB.
Narduzzi has been ok. He is treading water. Maybe that's all a Pitt football coach can ever do. College football has no point as its just about impossible to ever get really good. Meanwhile, in college hoops, literally anyone can do it. Here's the teams from the last 3 Final Fours:

Baylor
Gonzaga
Houston
UCLA
Virginia
Texas Tech
Michigan State
Auburn
Michigan
Kansas
Loyola Chicago
Villanova

12 different teams

Here's the last 3 CFPs
Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Notre Dame
Georgia

Last edited:
Narduzzi has been ok. He is treading water. Maybe that's all a Pitt football coach can ever do. College football has no point as its just about impossible to ever get really good. Meanwhile, in college hoops, literally anyone can do it. Here's the teams from the last 2 Final Fours:

Baylor
Gonzaga
Houston
UCLA
Virginia
Texas Tech
Michigan State
Michigan
Kansas
Loyola Chicago
Kansas

12 different teams

Here's the last 3 CFPs
Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Notre Dame
Georgia
I mean, ideally want that break out, but I find a lot to enjoy during the 7+ win seasons too.

I guess I don't get this especially from folks on the board. Pitt's starting to put more guys in the NFL so they have talented guys that are easy to root for and they win more than they lose.

This mentality I guess makes more sense in a pro town. But, still... I think this Pitt will never be elite or consistently win 10+ games so what's the point kind of stuff nonsense.

It was super fun beating the breaks off FSU and VT. Enjoyed the Louisville and Syracuse wins too. Enjoyed the hell outta watching VD go for 250 yards when Pitt beat GT too.

Reactions: TJFAIRLIE
I mean, ideally want that break out, but I find a lot to enjoy during the 7+ win seasons too.

I guess I don't get this especially from folks on the board. Pitt's starting to put more guys in the NFL so they have talented guys that are easy to root for and they win more than they lose.

This mentality I guess makes more sense in a pro town. But, still... I think this Pitt will never be elite or consistently win 10+ games so what's the point kind of stuff nonsense.

It was super fun beating the breaks off FSU and VT. Enjoyed the Louisville and Syracuse wins too. Enjoyed the hell outta watching VD go for 250 yards when Pitt beat GT too.
Narduzzi is a tough case because he's going to win between 6 and 8 games forever. Rarely more or less. At what point do you make a change for the sake of making a change? I do think Pitt should be "in the hunt" for a CFP bid late in the season once a decade like everyone else but beyond that, the ceiling at ALL college football teams except for about 10 is really low. In college hoops, anyone can win big if you have the right coach.

At what point do you make a change for the sake of making a change?

Pitt could be a case study for this. Basically what points not to try it lol.

Meanwhile, in college hoops, literally anyone can do it. Here's the teams from the last 2 Final Fours:

Baylor
Gonzaga
Houston
UCLA
Virginia
Texas Tech
Michigan State
Michigan
Kansas
Loyola Chicago
Kansas

Sure, but what this really shows is that football needs to figure out how to fit 11 schools into two Final Fours. Solve that mystery and everything else falls into place.

DALLAS -- The National Football Foundation is withdrawing an award that it was to present to Penn State Athletic Director Tim Curley.

The NFF announced Wednesday that the John L. Toner award, given to an athletic director who has shown "outstanding dedication to college athletics and particularly college football," will not be presented at its award ceremony in December. The organization says there will be no winner for this year.

Earlier this year, the NFF, which also runs the college football hall of fame, announced Curley as the Toner award winner.

Curley has been charged with perjury and failure to report an alleged incident of child sex abuse by former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky to authorities, as required by state law. Curley took a leave of absence on Sunday night.
Sounds exactly like the kind of guy they would want to honor.

PSU has been light years ahead of PITT in their olympic sports success for a long, long time. In fact PSU has regularly plucked the best olympic athletics out of Western Pa.

Some would argue that PSU's historically strong commitment to football might have something to do with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT