ADVERTISEMENT

Mack Leftwich-New OC?

jivecat

Senior
Jul 5, 2001
I heard he was being considered a candidate. I don’t know much about him and it looks like he has only been an OC for one year. Not sure Narduzzi would give him too much slack.

So were Chaney and Whipple. Narduzzi has hired pass first guys before.
Maybe just maybe someone - his wife for instance - is in his ear and kinda has gotten thru to him that you gotta score points in today’s game!

Maybe just maybe someone - his wife for instance - is in his ear and kinda has gotten thru to him that you gotta score points in today’s game!
Narduzzi is Narduzzi. Considering how bad the passing game was much of the year and they could not score points, he will get a guy with a history of both. Then if that guy is successful and leaves, he will hire a run first guy because he wants to play more tough. Pat is very predictable with these things.

Reactions: 303vND
Ben Arbuckle at WSU is a young go getter as well, and could probably bring along Cameron Ward
I could certainly get behind Ben Arbuckle. He's young (28) and plays an offense people would enjoy watching. He, also, might be a QB whisperer, which never hurts.

Being at Washington State, he might want to move to a P5 (P4?) job. Additionally, he's from North Texas and might be able to get us a foothold in an area about to become ACC country.

I like your suggestion.

Reactions: jctrack
I heard he was being considered a candidate. I don’t know much about him and it looks like he has only been an OC for one year. Not sure Narduzzi would give him too much slack.
His Dad was OL coach at Pitt and Mack led North Allegheny to a state title in 2012 as a QB, throwing for 3300 yards and 45 TD's. He was named the PA POY for AAAAA and was All State. He was short so he didn;t get heavily recruited.

His teams at Texas State averaged 35 pts/game and 465 yards........

His Dad was OL coach at Pitt and Mack led North Allegheny to a state title in 2012 as a QB, throwing for 3300 yards and 45 TD's. He was named the PA POY for AAAAA and was All State. He was short so he didn;t get heavily recruited.

I don't know if he'd have the experience Pitt would want, but I do like when coaches bring in a lot of OCs to interview. Even if you don't hire a coach, you can learn a lot through this process and keep the door open for a future hire.

damn, i remember this kid playing qb at north allegheny what seemed like 5 years ago. he was a pretty good high school qb, put up some huge numbers..

• Haha
Reactions: cbpitt2
I don't know if he'd have the experience Pitt would want, but I do like when coaches bring in a lot of OCs to interview. Even if you don't hire a coach, you can learn a lot through this process and keep the door open for a future hire.

This is so true. Good networking and might even find someone you mesh well with

Reactions: Burgh15

He also played at UTEP who just fired their HC. If Narduzzi could land this guy I’d be amazed.

If you could pick a OC who would “inherit” the program in 4 years….who would it be?

Even if you don't hire a coach, you can learn a lot through this process

"Coach, what did you learn from talking to all those young, up and coming offensive coordinator candidates?"

"I learned that none of these guys understand the value of grinding out drives and trying to win games 17-14. Except that Brian Ferentz fellow. I like the cut of his jib."

Reactions: columbus mike
"Coach, what did you learn from talking to all those young, up and coming offensive coordinator candidates?"

"I learned that none of these guys understand the value of grinding out drives and trying to win games 17-14. Except that Brian Ferentz fellow. I like the cut of his jib."

“I learned that burying your best QB in the depth chart is a sure fire way to find him later in the season.”

Reactions: Parkview57

Yeah there's going to be a Stallings-like presser and social media response I’m afraid. Just don’t see this guy hiring anyone that will create a buzz - not that it’s necessary.

“I learned that burying your best QB in the depth chart is a sure fire way to find him later in the season.”

Just keep your shovel handy so you can dig him up and bury the other guy/guys!

lol. Post of the day winner. Well done

Good young coach.

One of the best QB's I've seen in the WPIAL. If he was even just 6', he would have been a 5 star recruit.

I haven't followed his college coaching or playing career, but he was a winner in high school and sounds like he is an up & comer in the coaching ranks. Without getting to cliched, I'd like someone with maybe a chip on their shoulder for being passed over by the P5's and is now out to prove his mettle against the heavyweights.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce

His Dad was part of Fraud’s staff and ended up as part of the lame duck coaches in one
Of the BBV Bowls Pitt played
In. A few days after the bowl game he got hired by WVU and was texting Eat S___t Pitt on his twitter account.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT