ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Canada enters the portal

Adios!
Now the entire offense needs to step up and the spotlight will be even brighter on our guy playing Quarterback. Time for KP to get his mojo back.
That only happens if and when he stops worrying about throwing picks. You can’t be decisive and make plays if you’re worrying about making mistakes.

At the very least I hope they stop the ultra conservative bullshit and allow him to play. They need to know if Kenny the answer for the future and you can’t do that if you put training wheels on him

2016 Pitt Offense was great. Anyone is better than Cignetti.
One season out of a career?
Stop it
The answers are never in the past
He sucked at NCSU, Sucked at LSU (fired quickly ), wasn’t any good at Maryland

He’s a position coach at best

From PG Q&A

Who's on your early Pitt OC candidate list?

Hiles
: This is just my personal list, I haven’t heard any of these names connected to any rumors. I think the top choice would be Andrew Janocko, the current quarterbacks coach of the Chicago Bears. He’s a Pitt alum and has obviously been around plenty of high-level offensive schemes. The other notable Pitt connection that I could see being in the mix is Mike Shanahan, the former Panthers receiver and current offensive coordinator at James Madison. Last but not least, someone I found just doing my own, personal OC search is Willy Korn, the offensive coordinator at Liberty. The Flames currently boast the nation’s top rushing attack and the No. 8 scoring offense in the country. Korn has a solid coaching background, having spent the four previous seasons as the offensive coordinator at Coastal Carolina. His age (34) and scheme make him an ideal and realistic candidate, in my opinion.

Reactions: jivecat and Farnox
Dumbass Tomlin is still there, don't be surprised if nothing changes and it's still the same, weak ass, gutless, ''live in your fears" game plan and play calling, what I'd want is to demand to Kenny to let it rip deep and down the middle and risk turnovers to pursue chunk plays, but weakling Tomlin doesn't have the balls.
That’s the real question isn’t it? I guess we’re gonna find out who was the architect of the ultra conservative game plan Sunday

Reactions: Fk_Pitt and Pitt79
Adios!
Now the entire offense needs to step up and the spotlight will be even brighter on our guy playing Quarterback. Time for KP to get his mojo back.
Yeah, he needs to be way better right now, because now his apologists can't defend him by blaming Canada.

From PG Q&A

Hiles
: This is just my personal list, I haven’t heard any of these names connected to any rumors. I think the top choice would be Andrew Janocko, the current quarterbacks coach of the Chicago Bears. He’s a Pitt alum and has obviously been around plenty of high-level offensive schemes. The other notable Pitt connection that I could see being in the mix is Mike Shanahan, the former Panthers receiver and current offensive coordinator at James Madison. Last but not least, someone I found just doing my own, personal OC search is Willy Korn, the offensive coordinator at Liberty. The Flames currently boast the nation’s top rushing attack and the No. 8 scoring offense in the country. Korn has a solid coaching background, having spent the four previous seasons as the offensive coordinator at Coastal Carolina. His age (34) and scheme make him an ideal and realistic candidate, in my opinion.
I like the last guy but being a Pitt alimn and or having ties to the program should be irrelevant. In JMUs biggest game of the year their offense wasn’t great so the hype around shanny seems to be based on him being a Pitt guy

That only happens if and when he stops worrying about throwing picks. You can’t be decisive and make plays if you’re worrying about making mistakes.

At the very least I hope they stop the ultra conservative bullshit and allow him to play. They need to know if Kenny the answer for the future and you can’t do that if you put training wheels on him
We will find out if that’s the OC’s fault or Kenny’s. He always played with swag at Pitt and had a gun slinger attitude.

From PG Q&A

Hiles
This candidates all are suboptimal. No heavy running coach so Corn is out. No one from the NFL as the offense OCs from the NFL don’t work and translate in either direction.

Shanahan is somewhat interesting but I prefer a more pass heavy OC and someone who wasn’t connected to Pitt.

This is wonderful but let’s not gloss over the fact that this needed to happen last year.

And its exhibit A is to how raking up wins vs weak schedules vs back up QBs can retard an organization. Rooney was fooled into thinking Canada should be back based on the back half of last years schedule.

Canada shouldn’t have been hired. And then they double downed by promoting him and triple downed when they retained him.

This candidates all are suboptimal. No heavy running coach so Corn is out. No one from the NFL as the offense OCs from the NFL don’t work and translate in either direction.

Shanahan is somewhat interesting but I prefer a more pass heavy OC and someone who wasn’t connected to Pitt.
Recruiting a must. I know. Teams’ coordinators aren’t beating the bushes for the most part - but it wouldn’t hurt. Guess the scheme does the recruiting to a point.

One thing that annoys me is that when the Steelers attempt a screen pass, it often seems to be dead in the water from the very beginning. Then I watch other games and team are much better at it. They at least have it set up for the players to make the plays. This Steelers offense just seems to execute very poorly.

The thing about Cignetti that a lot of people perhaps don't realize is that we actually pass a lot. That's not the reason he sucks. We are 37th in the nation in pass-to-run ratio. The next guy is almost certainly going to run a lot more than Cignetti did this season.

One thing that annoys me is that when the Steelers attempt a screen pass, it often seems to be dead in the water from the very beginning. Then I watch other games and team are much better at it. They at least have it set up for the players to make the plays. This Steelers offense just seems to execute very poorly.

Because they run it 5 times a game and never throw the ball downfield. Defenses sit and wait for the dink and dunk.

Reactions: 303vND and pittbb80
Because they run it 5 times a game and never throw the ball downfield. Defenses sit and wait for the dink and dunk.
I hate to say it, but IMO weak ass Tomlin still refuses to throw downfield going forward. Mr. Live in his Fears is GUTLESS, Let's look at the pass chart next Monday and see how many balls go downfield or to the middle, I believe it will be the same as last game.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Tomlin is a fraud. Rooney fired Canada because Tomlin should have fired him on Monday and he didn’t. So Rooney was waiting for Tomlin to make a change and when he didn’t Rooney stepped in. If anybody really thinks that Mike Tomlin is a great coach there are crazy.

Mike Tomlin has screwed up more things with this football team than things that he has done right.

Tomlin is a fraud. Rooney fired Canada because Tomlin should have fired him on Monday and he didn’t. So Rooney was waiting for Tomlin to make a change and when he didn’t Rooney stepped in. If anybody really thinks that Mike Tomlin is a great coach there are crazy.

Mike Tomlin has screwed up more things with this football team than things that he has done right.
Tomlin is a great coach.

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
Is this based on factual information?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT