ADVERTISEMENT

Milligan question

SoufOaklin4Life

Lair Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2004
Another State of Mind
I like Damon and think his future is very bright..
but, what is the deal with Milligan? Is he actually going to stick around, because we can certainly use the spark in speed off the bench.

He is redshirting. Dixon has spoken very highly of him in some of his pressers and has said he has big plans for him.

Honestly, I think Jamie expected more out of Wilson and in hindsight would have rather redshirted Wilson because Milligan is a pure scorer, but unrefined.

I think our backcourt will be better next year. I see Kithcart starting with Wilson backing him up (then transferring back home). Clark and Milligan fighting for minutes at the 2. Hopefully they are better than Jones.

Reactions: gary2
He is redshirting. Dixon has spoken very highly of him in some of his pressers and has said he has big plans for him.

Honestly, I think Jamie expected more out of Wilson and in hindsight would have rather redshirted Wilson because Milligan is a pure scorer, but unrefined.

I think our backcourt will be better next year. I see Kithcart starting with Wilson backing him up (then transferring back home). Clark and Milligan fighting for minutes at the 2. Hopefully they are better than Jones.

I hope and think you are right about Kithcart starting and I would like to see us recruit another true point. We never really seem to have enough who can play point.

I think Milligan certainly can score. but he is short for a 2G. I wonder if he is unhappy over the redshirt. Even though I think he is lacking for even small minutes at the point, I hope he stays.

I hope and think you are right about Kithcart starting and I would like to see us recruit another true point. We never really seem to have enough who can play point.

I think Milligan certainly can score. but he is short for a 2G. I wonder if he is unhappy over the redshirt. Even though I think he is lacking for even small minutes at the point, I hope he stays.

I have not noticed. Is Milligan on the floor during warm ups? I know Nix is.

Dixon kinda made it seem like he was a little unhappy about the redshirt but who isnt?

I have not noticed. Is Milligan on the floor during warm ups? I know Nix is.
There was word of a family issue which held Milligan back by forcing him to miss a lot of practice time. I haven't heard a word about how he looks in practice against te team. This program is sesled up awfully tight against any leaks.

I have no idea if he will be back next year and wouldn't be surprised if he quietly transfers to a lower division school. I think he was mainly insurance against Wilson being not qualified or his shoulder not respondng. Still, Milligan is quick and can shoot the trey. He's essentially a Josh Newkirk clone, hopefully without the mindless turnovers.

As a reference, when we played FSU, Benji Bell, who played only 3 minutes against us, was a juco guard we had recruited hard earlier. He was POY in Nix's conference and led his team deep into the National Juco tournament. Counting on a juco csn be perilous.

I have no idea if he will be back next year and wouldn't be surprised if he quietly transfers to a lower division school. I think he was mainly insurance against Wilson being not qualified or his shoulder not respondng. Still, Milligan is quick and can shoot the trey. He's essentially a Josh Newkirk clone, hopefully without the mindless turnovers.

Harve has gone crazy. Dixon has said in at least 5 times that they have big plans for Milligan. At a presser last week, he said he was just talking to "Milly" as he called him about how he is going to have a big role.

Milligan was leading scorer in the scrimmage and played well early in the year. He's going to play a lot next year. This is NOT Tyrone Haughton. Milligan is probably the best pure scoring guard on the team.

SMF has our freshman 4 star guard transferring back home already. Obviously because he is already as good as he is ever going to get. Brilliant!

Reactions: levance2

It's always "we'll be better next year"---and it hasn't happened the last 3-4 years--what we're seeing is the cumulative effect of poor recruiting and some poor coaching, it's not getting better soon---so many misses judging talent and losing out to other schools---it is what it is and it's not pretty---I'm bummed

SMF has our freshman 4 star guard transferring back home already. Obviously because he is already as good as he is ever going to get. Brilliant!
Save yourself some aggravation and put some of the trolls on ignore.

There was word of a family issue which held Milligan back by forcing him to miss a lot of practice time. I haven't heard a word about how he looks in practice against te team. This program is sesled up awfully tight against any leaks.

As a reference, when we played FSU, Benji Bell, who played only 3 minutes against us, was a juco guard we had recruited hard earlier. He was POY in Nix's conference and led his team deep into the National Juco tournament. Counting on a juco csn be perilous.

Thanx - I knew about the reported family issue - I too have doubts as to if he returns (another ship passing in the night) - He did look quick and can shoot but not a ball handler. As always, we could use another "point".

I see Wilson at the 2.

I agree. I dont see natural PG ability in him. Hopefully, Kithcart at the 1 and Wilson at the 2 but Wilson said in an early season presser he sees himself as a PG first so if Kithcart beats him out, you never know if he'll be content.

I see Wilson at the 2.
Depending upon our other recruits in this incoming class and the next, Wilson might end up in the Brad Wanamaker role, running the offense sometimes but from the wing. Jamie LOVES combo guards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT