ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch Trubisky?

Count how long it was before the defensive end made him step forward and away from Austin’s side of the field. I get to about 1-1.25. This line is horrendous!
he takes one step up and the pocket is still there. he panicked, head down, one sign of pressure and panic.

thats been the knock on him in the nfl. he panicked instead of taking 1-2 steps up into pocket. zero reason to run there.

Reactions: Pitt79
he takes one step up and the pocket is still there. he panicked, head down, one sign of pressure and panic.

thats been the knock on him in the nfl. he panicked instead of taking 1-2 steps up into pocket. zero reason to run there.
Sometimes things aren't as cut and dry as they seem. Do you or any of these folks know the play call and his progressions? It's easy to parse video in front of a computer, pause, rewind, and critique. You can find faults in a lot of people. #14 was clearly target 1, after that I don't know.

Yes, I'm a homer. I have also been critical of Pickett at Pitt and with the Steelers. He had trouble staying in the pocket at Pitt, until he had an OL that could protect him reasonably well. Same problem he's having with the Steelers. He thought he could run it into the endzone and came up a yard short. Not a terrible decision.

He's a young QB playing on a shitty offense with shitty offensive coaches. And yeah, he's not perfect either.

It will be interesting to see what the reaction is if Mitch throws for 250 ypg and 8-10 TD passes over the next 3-4 weeks? I doubt it happens, but if it does, how does that make Kenny look? It takes away the play calling and coaching excuse for his pathetic production.
Bro you're kinda weird and obsessed with Kenny in an unhealthy way. Dude is hurt and not even playing and you can't help still trying to bash him. How bout just relax and enjoy the game. Here we go Steelers I guess 🤔

For the record, with Pickett hurt, I think Rudolph should play and Mitch is gawd awful and i hate him.

So that’s on the record. If Mason comes in as backup and does better, I’m great and you guys all suck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
It will be interesting to see what the reaction is if Mitch throws for 250 ypg and 8-10 TD passes over the next 3-4 weeks? I doubt it happens, but if it does, how does that make Kenny look? It takes away the play calling and coaching excuse for his pathetic production.
Don't forget about the 8-10 interception that stiff will throw. I remember the Jacksonville game with him throwing into triple coverage. The guy belongs in the XFL along with Canada

The receiver in the flat would have to had been the first read on that play for it to work. Since it wasn’t if he had thrown late it would have been a pick 6.

He still needs to understand he isn’t a running back and can’t play like he is one

I honestly don’t think I could hate a human being more than I hate Mitch Trubisky.

I’m not kidding either. I hate him, his family, his friends, his neighbors. Hate. Not dislike but true hate

If you ignore the corner sitting on the Austin corner route for a pick 6.

Nobody open
They are in zone -
Nobody follows Austin on his motion which signals zone .

Hoke is wrong
Hoke is wrong and you are right? Ok :)

He's a young QB playing on a shitty offense with shitty offensive coaches. And yeah, he's not perfect either.
Like Bailey Zappe close to 200 yards with 3 TDs in a half? Zappe's first half would be Kenny's big breakthrough game performance.

so we are just going to keep rolling mitch out there and watch him turn it over time and again because why? He's apparently younger and faster?

rudolph is the only qb on the roster that can actually go thru a progression. but im sure mitch will figure it out..
He’s pro bowl caliber for sure. Never once did he lose his job to a guy named “Duck” nor did he have to play 3rd banana to a guy who can’t figure out throw to guys in the same color uniform as him or an unproven rookie. I’m surprised Canton doesn’t have him on speed dial actually.

He’s pro bowl caliber for sure. Never once did he lose his job to a guy named “Duck” nor did he have to play 3rd banana to a guy who can’t figure out throw to guys in the same color uniform as him or an unproven rookie. I’m surprised Canton doesn’t have him on speed dial actually.
Nope. Just saying he’s a better option than Mitch

You do your straw man argument though, if that makes you feel better.

20-33 145 yards 1 touchdown 1 interception 68.4 QBR. Man you really called this one 🤣🤡

20-33 145 yards 1 touchdown 1 interception 68.4 QBR. Man you really called this one 🤣🤡
I wasn't "calling" anything, it was more of a WHAT IF? My personal opinion is that Steelers need to draft another QB in the 1st round soon, or $PEND for a serious veteran, not a Mitch or a Dobbs, cut some cap space ON DEFENSE and PAY for a QB! Kenny, Mitch and Mason ARE NOT THE ANSWER.

It was tongue and cheek when he said that. Dude has been riding Pickett's jock for weeks and arguing with anyone who disagreed with him or his dad Mark Madden. I respect what you're doing but he's gonna take this egg on his face like a man.
It's cool that you want to stand up for "Pitt Guy Kenny", I loved that they picked Kenny, I watched every minute of his Pitt career and seriously thought he had figured it out and was going to be a good pro, but 24 starts into his career, sorry, I'm not feeling it anymore and as a Steelers fan since 1969, and after 18 years of watching Ben, I just can't stomach much more of these Kenny games that include little or no offense, no points and almost never a TD pass, thanks for his championship year at Pitt, but I want to see some real NFL offense and QB play, 2023 style, with passing yards, TDs and points played by the Steelers, like they did with Ben, even in his last few years.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
And honestly, as bad as Kenny has been, I haven't wanted him replaced by Mitch or Mason, I know they are worse. Truth is, no QB on this roster is better than a 3rd rate backup. They 100% need someone else (not Dobbs :) )

Hey Mark what you gonna write tomorrow ?

Reactions: FireballZ
Bro you're kinda weird and obsessed with Kenny in an unhealthy way. Dude is hurt and not even playing and you can't help still trying to bash him. How bout just relax and enjoy the game. Here we go Steelers I guess 🤔
Notice how similar his takes are to fat ass madden ? This post is almost the same as his article today. And he’s a Madden fan boy As well. It’s almost as if fat boy has the handle Pitt79

I wasn't "calling" anything, it was more of a WHAT IF? My personal opinion is that Steelers need to draft another QB in the 1st round soon, or $PEND for a serious veteran, not a Mitch or a Dobbs, cut some cap space ON DEFENSE and PAY for a QB! Kenny, Mitch and Mason ARE NOT THE ANSWER.

Do you know how high the 1st Round bust rate is for QB's? I wonder if it even makes sense to waste a 1st Round pick on a QB.

Here's the bottom 7QB's in QBR and where they were picked in the 1st Round

Justin Fields (11)
Desmond Ridder (3rd Round)
Daniel Jones (6)
Kenny Pickett (20)
Mac Jones (15)
Bryce Young (1)
Zack Wilson (2)

Lots of 1st Round busts there. I called Bryce Young sucking though I also thought Stroud would suck. 1st Round QB's are a lottety ticket. I probably wouldn't draft one. Take more of a sure thing on the OL, WR, or defense and get a QB in free agency.

so because the snap(s) were bad on other plays then he gets an excuse on plays where the snap is good, because of past bad snaps?

Come on fellas, we all love our little kenny and will support him at all costs but is the excuses getting a bit out of hand here?
That's fine. He can be another in a long list of former Steelers that does well somewhere else.

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
Hey Mark what you gonna write tomorrow ?
I get it, Kenny sucks, but you just ignore that fact to show him "Pitt Love". Personally, I care about the Steelers as a team, having a real NFL level QB, more than I do about a Pitt alumnus succeeding in the NFL. 24 games in, you'd think Kenny would have just one game as good as Bailey Zappe's first half last night, playing in a New England offense at least as bad or worse than the Steelers offense.
'

Notice how similar his takes are to fat ass madden ? This post is almost the same as his article today. And he’s a Madden fan boy As well. It’s almost as if fat boy has the handle Pitt79
I didn't see any Madden articles yesterday? What did he write?

I get it, Kenny sucks, but you just ignore that fact to show him "Pitt Love". Personally, I care about the Steelers as a team, having a real NFL level QB, more than I do about a Pitt alumnus succeeding in the NFL. 24 games in, you'd think Kenny would have just one game as good as Bailey Zappe's first half last night, playing in a New England offense at least as bad or worse than the Steelers offense.
'
Kenny is the best qb on the roster by a good margin -
Even if he’s not a long term franchise qb

Both things can be true
We aren’t losing because of Kenny

Do you know how high the 1st Round bust rate is for QB's? I wonder if it even makes sense to waste a 1st Round pick on a QB.

Here's the bottom 7QB's in QBR and where they were picked in the 1st Round

Justin Fields (11)
Desmond Ridder (3rd Round)
Daniel Jones (6)
Kenny Pickett (20)
Mac Jones (15)
Bryce Young (1)
Zack Wilson (2)

Lots of 1st Round busts there. I called Bryce Young sucking though I also thought Stroud would suck. 1st Round QB's are a lottety ticket. I probably wouldn't draft one. Take more of a sure thing on the OL, WR, or defense and get a QB in free agency.
That wouldn't deter me from trying, nothing matters more than QB, running the ball DOESN'T matter more than QB, defense DOESN'T matter more than QB, look at the list of Super Bowl winners, most are Hall of Fame level or close to it, with a random Dilfer or Foles thrown in here and there.

Kenny is the best qb on the roster by a good margin -
Even if he’s not a long term franchise qb

Both things can be true
We aren’t losing because of Kenny
I actually agree with you, Kenny is way better than Mitch or Mason IMO. That said, I personally want someone better. He's like 28th-32nd in every category in passing, and it's not just the play calling and OC, he leaves a lot of big plays out there, either by missing the throw, not seeing it or not risking it. Personally, if he could have 12-15 TDs instead of 6, I'd be okay with 8-9 picks instead of 4. It's depressing seeing so few TDs game after game. And I think we are losing because of Kenny and whoever is QB, these guys don't have much ability to finish with TDs, 9 total TD passes and 18 total offensive TDs in 13 games by an NFL team is pathetic.

Last edited:
I actually agree with you, Kenny is way better than Mitch or Mason IMO. That said, I personally want someone better. He's like 28th-32nd in every category in passing, and it's not just the play calling and OC, he leaves a lot of big plays out there, either by missing the throw, not seeing it or not risking it. Personally, if he could have 12-15 TDs instead of 6, I'd be okay with 8-9 picks instead of 4. It's depressing seeing so few TDs game after game. And I think we are losing because of Kenny and whoever is QB, these guys don't have much ability to finish with TDs, 9 total TD passes in 13 games by an NFL team is pathetic.
good post, pretty much spot on.

I just dont get the really short leash and restraints on kenny, whether its him or the OC / Coaching. you could get this kind of limited production, game management from about 20 other backup caliber qbs in the nfl, why waste a first rd draft pick on him if that's how you are going to let him qb..

it's like buying a 70k pickup truck and only driving it to go to the grocery store and back. you made the investment, see wtf he can do..

Reactions: jctrack and Pitt79
good post, pretty much spot on.

I just dont get the really short leash and restraints on kenny, whether its him or the OC / Coaching. you could get this kind of limited production, game management from about 20 other backup caliber qbs in the nfl, why waste a first rd draft pick on him if that's how you are going to let him qb..

it's like buying a 70k pickup truck and only driving it to go to the grocery store and back. you made the investment, see wtf he can do..
Last night, they had a 1st and goal at around the 7, I was fully expecting the 1 yard run up the gut, but instead Mitch threw to Muth in the middle of the end zone and drew a PI, I was pleasantly surprised, almost every 1st down inside the opponents 20 is the traditional 1-yard gain on a run up the middle. The ultra safe philosophy is pathetic, dumb ass Tomlin did this too much, even with prime Ben, you just didn't notice, because Ben was so good at saving his ass and coming from behind week after week after Tomlin's pathetic game plans failed and they handed him the ball and said go save us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT