ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch Trubisky?

Nice cherry picking, so are we to believe that the record is better during the 20 worst games? I mean not counting the 1930s or the single wing days. You people saying that stats are meaningless are totally insane and just protecting the PITT GUY, just because he's a PITT GUY,

Once again, no one is saying that stats are meaningless.

What they are trying to do is to point out to the guy who thinks that stats are the most important thing that they are, in reality, no such thing.

So far it's not working.

Yes, the Steelers offense, and Kenny are subpar. it's not working.
you rag on KP but would be interested in who you think would be performing at a high level in this offense if they had been drafted out of college and had learned under the tutelage of Matt Canada for their first year and a half?

you rag on KP but would be interested in who you think would be performing at a high level in this offense if they had been drafted out of college and had learned under the tutelage of Matt Canada for their first year and a half?
I don't know, I'm not talking about performing at a HIGH LEVEL, I just wish he could perform at low mediocre, instead of putrid, I do believe there are dozens of QBs that would have performed better than what he has done, with the same OC and team. It's not like none of his lame output isn't his fault. It's not just learning, or hard work, it just seems there are plenty of others with the physical tools and instinct to do something even with very poor coaching. I'm sick of hearing that stats don't matter, THEY DO, and also, it's gotten pretty annoying turning on the TV week after week for 24 weeks, wondering if this is the week Kenny finally performs like a mediocre/average NFL starter, instead of playing another game full of 3 and outs, punts, red zone failures and praying for an occasional comeback drive. It's not always the OC or the other players, very often it's him with the inaccurate passes, not seeing open receivers, not being willing to let a pass fly and take a risk to make a big play, bailing on the play too soon, sorry, he's a lot of the problem. Sadly, everyone else on the roster is worse than he is. I still hope he can become at least average, but every game he plays it seems less likely.

I don't know, I'm not talking about performing at a HIGH LEVEL, I just wish he could perform at low mediocre, instead of putrid, I do believe there are dozens of QBs that would have performed better than what he has done, with the same OC and team. It's not like none of his lame output isn't his fault. It's not just learning, or hard work, it just seems there are plenty of others with the physical tools and instinct to do something even with very poor coaching. I'm sick of hearing that stats don't matter, THEY DO, and also, it's gotten pretty annoying turning on the TV week after week for 24 weeks, wondering if this is the week Kenny finally performs like a mediocre/average NFL starter, instead of playing another game full of 3 and outs, punts, red zone failures and praying for an occasional comeback drive. It's not always the OC or the other players, very often it's him with the inaccurate passes, not seeing open receivers, not being willing to let a pass fly and take a risk to make a big play, bailing on the play too soon, sorry, he's a lot of the problem. Sadly, everyone else on the roster is worse than he is. I still hope he can become at least average, but every game he plays it seems less likely.
My lord. It’s not in my nature to call names, but I hate you for almost breaking me! I’m this close to doing it!!! Lol.

There is so much that you either don’t understand, or refuse to allow yourself to acknowledge.

Kenny hasn’t been putrid. If he was, we’d be winless…which is exactly what we are when he doesn’t start or finish games. Let me repeat that. When he starts and finishes, this team is like 15 wins in their last 21 games. When he doesn’t, THEY HAVE LOST EVERY TIME. This team is a mess, but if he were healthy, I’d actually feel pretty confident that this team would make the playoffs. Without him, I have no confidence at all.

Case in point, if there’s a bad snap or a breakdown in protection with Kenny, which is like 50% of the plays, it results in a sack, throw away, check down, and a stalled drive/3 and out. Without Kenny, it results in 14 points against like it did vs the Patriots.

In this offense, it’s about minimizing the damage, the double whammies. Kenny was only doing what the playbook and coaching allowed.

My lord. It’s not in my nature to call names, but I hate you for almost breaking me! I’m this close to doing it!!! Lol.

There is so much that you either don’t understand, or refuse to allow yourself to acknowledge.

Kenny hasn’t been putrid. If he was, we’d be winless…which is exactly what we are when he doesn’t start or finish games. Let me repeat that. When he starts and finishes, this team is like 15 wins in their last 21 games. When he doesn’t, THEY HAVE LOST EVERY TIME. This team is a mess, but if he were healthy, I’d actually feel pretty confident that this team would make the playoffs. Without him, I have no confidence at all.

Case in point, if there’s a bad snap or a breakdown in protection with Kenny, which is like 50% of the plays, it results in a sack, throw away, check down, and a stalled drive/3 and out. Without Kenny, it results in 14 points against like it did vs the Patriots.

In this offense, it’s about minimizing the damage, the double whammies. Kenny was only doing what the playbook and coaching allowed.
I get it, he's from Pitt and you care about him succeeding personally more than the Steelers having a good QB. I hope Kenny proves you right, I just don't have much confidence in that happening anymore. I was extremely happy when they drafted him, so I'm not happy about how I feel now. If the only reason Kenny is better is that he avoids mistakes better, than I'd rather get a playmaker, who you send out there to take the risk to make the big play, instead of the guy to be careful and minimize damage.

I get it, he's from Pitt and you care about him succeeding personally more than the Steelers having a good QB. I hope Kenny proves you right, I just don't have much confidence in that happening anymore. I was extremely happy when they drafted him, so I'm not happy about how I feel now. If the only reason Kenny is better is that he avoids mistakes better, than I'd rather get a playmaker, who you send out there to take the risk to make the big play, instead of the guy to be careful and minimize damage.
It’s not about being right. I’m indifferent on Kenny. I don’t know if he will be the man in this league. Plenty of Pitt players that I don’t have an allegiance to. I’m just smart enough in this situation to be objective about it because he’s in a historically bad situation.

You do realize that without him, this team did something in this league that no other franchise has ever done in history, right?

Reactions: FireballZ
It’s not about being right. I’m indifferent on Kenny. I don’t know if he will be the man in this league. Plenty of Pitt players that I don’t have an allegiance to. I’m just smart enough in this situation to be objective about it because he’s in a historically bad situation.

You do realize that without him, this team did something in this league that no other franchise has ever done in history, right?
He played against AZ, so that wasn't without him. I think I'm being objective too, I see what other QBs, just as young, are doing, even on bad teams and comparing them.

• Haha
He played against AZ, so that wasn't without him. I think I'm being objective too, I see what other QBs, just as young, are doing, even on bad teams and comparing them.
Imagine if Pickens were on those other teams. He’d be killing it.

But I'm not sure if it's the coaching or because the QB play is better. You're sure it's not Kenny, I'm not.
The QB play is better because the coaching is better. You have obscured no Pedegree guys getting results. That speaks to the coaching in the playbook.

The QB play is better because the coaching is better. You have obscured no Pedegree guys getting results. That speaks to the coaching in the playbook.
I'm still not sure, I still feel like I've seen enough missed throws and missed receivers where the TD stats I am told don't matter could be double what they are. It's like the coaching and playbook where right in those instances, yet he failed to deliver.

I'm still not sure, I still feel like I've seen enough missed throws and missed receivers where the TD stats I am told don't matter could be double what they are. It's like the coaching and playbook where right in those instances, yet he failed to deliver.
Well his receivers have quit on routes and dropped TDs too. And That’s because you watch this team every week. I watch established QBs missing throws every week. I’ve actually charted random games from stars and it happens more than you think.

He was on pace for his second consecutive 400+ yard game and he suffered a possibly season ending injury early in the 2nd Q when they were about to go up at least 6-0. C'mon man.

Not throwing picks isn't the be all and end all of passing, Josh Allen, Mahomes, Tua, Hurts, Goff, all have double or triple the picks that Kenny has, also double or triple the TDs and their teams aren't losing, probably because more TDs impacts winning as much or more than not turning it over. I guess the difference is between going out and trying to win by scoring or going out and trying to win by making less mistakes and hoping you win because the other team screws up rather than because you have the skill to score.

Mahomes, Tua, Hurts, and Goff all lost this week lol. Josh Allen is 7-6 and his team is about as viable for the playoffs as the terrible Steelers with your hated Kenny.

Dozens eh? Can you name 12?

Well his receivers have quit on routes and dropped TDs too. And That’s because you watch this team every week. I watch established QBs missing throws every week. I’ve actually charted random games from stars and it happens more than you think.
Every Qb in the league misses guys wide open every game. Difference is they have playmakers that get open more often and they pass more than 20 times a game which greatly limits your opportunities and magnifies the misses

Every Qb in the league misses guys wide open every game. Difference is they have playmakers that get open more often and they pass more than 20 times a game which greatly limits your opportunities and magnifies the misses
Exactly. But you have to understand…to some people it’s always the QBs fault or the coaches fault. They don’t have the bandwidth to look deeper.

Yup. The difference is most are saying the jury is out on KP Hard to tell how good or bad he is given the talent and coaching around him. Hes had some excellent moments/stretched and he’s had some moments where you question is ability (btw I don’t think arm strength is an issue it’s vision and pocket presence)
Until he has at the very least an OL that doesnt subject the qb to a jail break more often than not his true potential won’t be known

The mark Maddens simply have said KP sucks even while admitting the rest of the team including the coaching stinks. Now which argument is more rational ?

Steelers OL had their best PFF blocking grades of the season so far, and Mitch still sucked.

Steelers OL had their best PFF blocking grades of the season so far, and Mitch still sucked.
Pass blocking?

Here’s what I would like to see. My wish list:

1) a new coordinator that brings a new innovative playbook. Actually, just an average nfl playbook would be fine given we haven’t had one in several years. I’d also like the OC to hold the receivers accountable to actually run their routes and participate on every single play. Ever wonder why they have a difficult time getting separation? It starts with participation on every play and they don’t.

2) a center in FA. I think Kenny’s biggest issue is standing in the pocket and delivering balls. The problem is that he rarely has a clean pocket. On Sunday, I watched Flacco and some young bum I never heard of stand in the pocket for what seemed like days. Does Kenny bail on clean pockets? Yeah. But he rarely gets them so no wonder this has been a slower area in his development.

3) draft a QB in round 2. There’s thought to be a lot of them. If the Steelers have a pick around 45, they should use it. Create competition at the position. Kenny is a professional. He can handle it. And then let the best man win. Honestly I’d expect Kenny to win the job. But if he ain’t getting it done after 6 weeks or so, go to the rookie.

Pass blocking?

1) a new coordinator that brings a new innovative playbook. Actually, just an average nfl playbook would be fine given we haven’t had one in several years. I’d also like the OC to hold the receivers accountable to actually run their routes and participate on every single play. Ever wonder why they have a difficult time getting separation? It starts with participation on every play and they don’t.

2) a center in FA. I think Kenny’s biggest issue is standing in the pocket and delivering balls. The problem is that he rarely has a clean pocket. On Sunday, I watched Flacco and some young bum I never heard of stand in the pocket for what seemed like days. Does Kenny bail on clean pockets? Yeah. But he rarely gets them so no wonder this has been a slower area in his development.

3) draft a QB in round 2. There’s thought to be a lot of them. If the Steelers have a pick around 45, they should use it. Create competition at the position. Kenny is a professional. He can handle it. And then let the best man win. Honestly I’d expect Kenny to win the job. But if he ain’t getting it done after 6 weeks or so, go to the rookie.
Not sure it’s accountability which is the problem
Most of the time there aren’t simply routes to execute -
There are options on the routes based on coverage -
The real problem is the QB and WR are making different reads , it seems
Which is very much a coaching issue and or a prep issue .

Pass blocking?

Agreed. But imo you only take a Qb in round 2 if the guy is a legit high side prospect. I think short term you have to load up in OL and a legit go to wr whose not a mental case

Purdy is an example of possibly getting competition at lower levels in the draft. I wouldn’t draft a qb higher than round 4 at this point. Better to go Fa for a legit back up. See Flacco

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Not sure it’s accountability which is the problem
Most of the time there aren’t simply routes to execute -
There are options on the routes based on coverage -
The real problem is the QB and WR are making different reads , it seems
Which is very much a coaching issue and or a prep issue .
I’ve seen a ton of played where they have two receivers stop near eachother. Thats either because the WRs are not executing or the OC is terrible or perhaps a little from column A and B

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Agreed. But imo you only take a Qb in round 2 if the guy is a legit high side prospect. I think short term you have to load up in OL and a legit go to wr whose not a mental case

Purdy is an example of possibly getting competition at lower levels in the draft. I wouldn’t draft a qb higher than round 4 at this point. Better to go Fa for a legit back up. See Flacco
I heard big national Tomlin apologist Peter King question the WR accountability today taking plays off. He was at the game and acknowledged that seeing them in person was eye opening. He also said that if the Steelers pick around 45, there will be legit QBs at that spot.

Who said he's good? As bad as Kenny has played due to the fault of everyone but him, the other 2 QBs are way worse.
Stop with the Kenny was bad narrative. It’s been disproven time and time again. If you want to say mediocre, a discussion can be had. But every time you use the word bad or whatever else you use, you show how shallow and unobservant you are.

Stop with the Kenny was bad narrative. It’s been disproven time and time again. If you want to say mediocre, a discussion can be had. But every time you use the word bad or whatever else you use, you show how shallow and unobservant you are.
No, it hasn't been disproven, not at all. He seriously hasn't had one good FULL GAME, where he was good all 4 quarters. And I was a big fan of drafting him #1, I thought he'd be better.

Pass blocking?

They might be able to get a good WR in round 1, depending on where the end up selecting. The OSU #2 or the Washington WR might be available. Need to get a guy who isn't a drama queen little bitch. Not sure why they will need Mitch and his contract next year, so get rid of him if that works. I would also get rid of one of those clown WRs. Whoever is the biggest issue, which is probably Johnson. Definity need a center. The Miami center is a FA next year, but maybe he requires a big contract?

No, it hasn't been disproven, not at all. He seriously hasn't had one good FULL GAME, where he was good all 4 quarters. And I was a big fan of drafting him #1, I thought he'd be better.

It's really hard to have a good full game. What we do know is that the Steelers are a winning team with Kenny, and a losing team with Mitch. Need to get a new center and dump the problem players.

And you fail to realize what the word resources means. If an NBA PG had 4 weak links around him and a middle school coach coaching the team, how good would he be? I bet he’d lose a lot more games than Kenny has.

Look no further than the rapist you worship who had to turn off his microphone and ignore Canada in order to be productive. He had 18 years of experience over Kenny. And three rapes.

And you fail to realize what the word resources means. If an NBA PG had 4 weak links around him and a middle school coach coaching the team, how good would he be? I bet he’d lose a lot more games than Kenny has.

Look no further than the rapist you worship who had to turn off his microphone and ignore Canada in order to be productive. He had 18 years of experience over Kenny. And three rapes.
What's the use of being an all pro QB if you can't lay a few gold diggers along the way :)

All we really know at this point is KP is far and away the best option currently on the roster. We have no idea what his ceiling is as a QB is as the team and coaches around him are a dumpster fire. We do know the team actually wins with him and he has shown the ability lead 4th qtr winning drives, mostly in games in which there was no offense of any kind from the Steelers. Also don't see any realistic options outside the organization that would come into this situation as it is currently and be any more effective. Not Zappe. Not Browning. Not Flacco. Not Cousins. Not Murray.

Until a new OC and offensive coaches are brought in, don't see Faulkner and Sullivan as the answers long term, no real evaluation can be done on KP. Unfortunately if and when they get new OC, might be too late for KP and time to strap in a new rookie QB for the new OC.

he has shown the ability lead 4th qtr winning drives, mostly in games in which there was no offense of any kind from the Steelers.
So he gets credit for the 4th quarter drives, so where was he during the part of the game that the Steelers have no offense?

So he gets credit for the 4th quarter drives, so where was he during the part of the game that the Steelers have no offense?
Adhering to a conservative game plan and performing when the shackles and earpiece are off because it’s do or die. It was the same with your rapist. Do you even follow this team?

Ask BR who had the same issue
Yes, I can agree with that. Part of the problem is the weak ass "Steelers Way" playing conservative until that weak ass, gutless game plan has you falling behind and being forced to open it up. But still, there was much more production throughout the game with Ben, and his numbers are at least triple what Kenny's are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT