ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch Trubisky?

Pitt79

Board of Trustee
Oct 3, 2005
It will be interesting to see what the reaction is if Mitch throws for 250 ypg and 8-10 TD passes over the next 3-4 weeks? I doubt it happens, but if it does, how does that make Kenny look? It takes away the play calling and coaching excuse for his pathetic production.

It will be interesting to see what the reaction is if Mitch throws for 250 ypg and 8-10 TD passes over the next 3-4 weeks? I doubt it happens, but if it does, how does that make Kenny look? It takes away the play calling and coaching excuse for his pathetic production.
uh, Pickett was 24-33 for 278 with a td (that wasn't but should have been) in the same scenario of a coaching staff that Trubisky now finds himself in so you should probably bump up your numbers...So far, I've seen Mitch not get it done from the one and fumble the game away on the first second half possession Sunday all in his first 45 seconds of action...think it was you who brought in the "pathetic" adjective...

im fine with this but on the flip side, if he doesnt then can we move on from the "its kenny's fault" narrative??

Honestly, i cant for the life of me figure out why they wont play Rudolph. We've seen mitch fail time and time again but wont give Mason a shot? dude must have really pissed tomlin off something fierce.

712b2d41cca91d279677edf59df3ddd1.gif

What if I add 25 yards to my drives and shave 3 putts per round ?
what if i dont drink a 6 pack on the front 9 and dont try a flop shot with my 60 degree club on hole #12 when im 5 yards off the green and could have simply just ran it up to the pin with an 8 iron instead of blading it with my flop wedge 80 yards past the green because one time last year i had a beautiful flop shot and think i can do it every time?

im fine with this but on the flip side, if he doesnt then can we move on from the "its kenny's fault" narrative??

Honestly, i cant for the life of me figure out why they wont play Rudolph. We've seen mitch fail time and time again but wont give Mason a shot? dude must have really pissed tomlin off something fierce.
Because Rudolph is a stiff. Don't believe me, ask the other 31 teams who didn't want him. Plus, he may get crippled behind this offensive line.

Because Rudolph is a stiff. Don't believe me, ask the other 31 teams who didn't want him. Plus, he may get crippled behind this offensive line.
so we are just going to keep rolling mitch out there and watch him turn it over time and again because why? He's apparently younger and faster?

rudolph is the only qb on the roster that can actually go thru a progression. but im sure mitch will figure it out..

Neither of them are any good.
lol, valid point.

pretty much why every other team in the nfl wants no parts of either. whether they stick with Kenny or not in '24, a serious upgrade is needed. If they dont fully believe in Kenny, bring in a decent FA (easier said than done) and have him compete with kenny and then you have a good backup and just draft a 3rd string QB late in the draft.

save millions on cap space by dumping Mitch. obviously the organization thinks little of Rudolph so i doubt they lose sleep cutting him..

Reactions: pittdan77
so we are just going to keep rolling mitch out there and watch him turn it over time and again because why? He's apparently younger and faster?

rudolph is the only qb on the roster that can actually go thru a progression. but im sure mitch will figure it out..
Mitch isn't good, but he's better than Rudolph. You can put Rudolph in, but prepare the cart with the stretcher. You're gonna need it.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
lol, valid point.

pretty much why every other team in the nfl wants no parts of either. whether they stick with Kenny or not in '24, a serious upgrade is needed. If they dont fully believe in Kenny, bring in a decent FA (easier said than done) and have him compete with kenny and then you have a good backup and just draft a 3rd string QB late in the draft.

save millions on cap space by dumping Mitch. obviously the organization thinks little of Rudolph so i doubt they lose sleep cutting him..

I admit I'm not up to date on the backup QB market, but I assume any decent FA they bring in would just be a was with Mitch's salary.

I'm all about building a team with a QB who is on a rookie contract these days. I mean look at some of these annual salaries.

Russel Wilson - $49M
Kyler Murray - $46M
DeShaun Watson - $46M
Daniel Jones - $40M
Derek Carr - $37.5M
Ryan Tannehill - $29.5M
Jimmy G - $24.5M

There's no way in hell you can convince me that a rookie can't give you production that is as good or better than those guys for a fraction of the cost. Maybe not right away, but certainly at some point.

Save the money and build a team around him. I'd take a rookie every 4 or 5 years and just do it all over again if I have to. There are five guys, at the absolute most, in this league who are worth paying. I'm not even sure if Burrow (the highest paid QB in the league) in one of them, honestly.

Obviously Pickett wouldn't be in the market for huge money if we did pick up his second contract, but it would probably be at least $25M. No thanks; I'll get an elite edge rusher and take a 1st-round QB for a third of the price.

I don't expect much from Mitch, it's just that what Kenny has produced it's pathetic, I don't remember production this bad from a Steelers QB in decades. I find it hard to believe that it's everyone else but him to blame, especially when you see his peers putting up double and triple what he does.

I don't expect much from Mitch, it's just that what Kenny has produced it's pathetic, I don't remember production this bad from a Steelers QB in decades. I find it hard to believe that it's everyone else but him to blame, especially when you see his peers putting up double and triple what he does.
some of the blame def falls on him..

Im not ready to give up just yet, truly hope they hire an actual OC for next year and at least give him a valid shot before moving on.

with that said, i think you bring in a legit FA qb to compete. i dont want to trade for fields or anything that drastic but a decent (basically anyone not named Cousins) Free agent in off season..

some of the blame def falls on him..

Im not ready to give up just yet, truly hope they hire an actual OC for next year and at least give him a valid shot before moving on.

with that said, i think you bring in a legit FA qb to compete. i dont want to trade for fields or anything that drastic but a decent (basically anyone not named Cousins) Free agent in off season..
Not Dobbs either :) IMO though 24 starts is a valid shot, I love what he did for Pitt, but I care more about the Steelers than him. I'm not concerned about Kenny the Pitt Guy making it in the NFL, I'm concerned about the Steelers having a good QB

It’ll mean he will continue to start until he flames
Out

And if you rewatch that play, Austin was wide open on the left flat for an easy TD toss, this is the stuff Kenny is constantly missing.
Yeah we don’t know what the read is tho. Is Austin’s route just a clear out? He may not even be an option.

No argument that Kenny isn’t seeing the field right now but it could be as simple as if the linebacker chases Austin read tight end. If coverage sinks with tight end run.

And ALL SEASON? I mean idk man you can always nitpick tape and say someone was wide open, but the Steelers are at the bottom of the league in separation rate.

Also while his TDs are historically low his INTs are as well.

Regarding Mitch he has like 6 tds to 7 ints in his 10 games here…but he’s a vet I can’t get over people jumping on this bandwagon that he’s an upgrade

Reactions: lilspainishflea
And if you rewatch that play, Austin was wide open on the left flat for an easy TD toss, this is the stuff Kenny is constantly missing.
Did he miss it, or did he already make the decision to run? Legit question, not trying to make excuses. His first read was clearly Pickens who was doubled. When he looks left he's looking at Pickens and he quickly comes off and looks to the middle.

He never looked to the flat, which is the miss we're talking about because it was wide open. However, I'm not sure what he's coached to do. Looked like Pickens was 1, someone in the middle 2, and then he just takes off because the pocket collapses.

Hard to get a good look when you're picking snaps off the ground and the blitz isn't getting picked up.
But no other QBs are picking the snap off the round, avoiding the blitz, then making the TD throw, only Kenny has to deal with anything difficult. Every other QB has perfect snaps every time and perfect protection. :)

Did he miss it, or did he already make the decision to run? Legit question, not trying to make excuses. His first read was clearly Pickens who was doubled. When he looks left he's looking at Pickens and he quickly comes off and looks to the middle.

He never looked to the flat, which is the miss we're talking about because it was wide open. However, I'm not sure what he's coached to do. Looked like Pickens was 1, someone in the middle 2, and then he just takes off because the pocket collapses.
he missed it.

I know the snap was fine on that play but come on, first read is right and there's a guy right in his face.
so because the snap(s) were bad on other plays then he gets an excuse on plays where the snap is good, because of past bad snaps?

Come on fellas, we all love our little kenny and will support him at all costs but is the excuses getting a bit out of hand here?

Reactions: Schaef60 and Pitt79
Pickett will start next season and after 6 games the Steelers are either going to ride the season with him or he will be benched for whomever is the next in line QB. After the 2024 season Pickett will be relegated to back up or be traded. Sometime in 2026, Pickett will be a back up on a very good team. A team that has a strong offensive thinking coaching staff and head coach. The starter for that team will get hurt and Pickett will play 3 games as the starter and go lights out.

And then we can hear Mark Madden discuss how the Steelers are the reason.

Ok, as long as you and random twitter guy say it.

I'm 100% confident that initial look to the left was Pickens. I guess read 2 could be the flat, but he immediately went to the middle.
not random, pretty much uniform opinion including many local media members, national media members, chris hoke and everyone else that does this.

we showed you the breakdown, the play, the wide open wr. this isnt up for debate.

but yeah, you are a pitt fan so we cant criticize our kenny..

Pickett will start next season and after 6 games the Steelers are either going to ride the season with him or he will be benched for whomever is the next in line QB. After the 2024 season Pickett will be relegated to back up or be traded. Sometime in 2026, Pickett will be a back up on a very good team. A team that has a strong offensive thinking coaching staff and head coach. The starter for that team will get hurt and Pickett will play 3 games as the starter and go lights out.

And then we can hear Mark Madden discuss how the Steelers are the reason.
Good luck to him, but nothing he's done so far indicates that will happen, if he was from Penn State you would not be making these claims and elaborate scenarios up to try to say he's good, you'd be saying he's a pedophile and he sucks :).

Reactions: Schaef60
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT