ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch Trubisky?

Adhering to a conservative game plan and performing when the shackles and earpiece are off because it’s do or die. It was the same with your rapist. Do you even follow this team?
Ben still did way more through the 1st three quarters, and it's great that he banged those gold diggers, they needed it bad.

Ben still did way more through the 1st three quarters, and it's great that he banged those gold diggers, they needed it bad.
In Ben’s 3rd year in the league, he had 23 ints, a completion % of 59% and a rating of 75.2. He did this while surrounded by HOFers and a real NFL playbook. And he went 7-8.

In Kenny’s 2nd year, he’s thrown for 4 ints, a completion % of 62%, and a rating of 81.4.

I’d hate to know how you were reacting in 2006. You were probably praising Ben for pulling college girls into bathrooms and locking the door behind them, while saying he sucked as a player and he needed to go.

Agreed. But imo you only take a Qb in round 2 if the guy is a legit high side prospect. I think short term you have to load up in OL and a legit go to wr whose not a mental case

Purdy is an example of possibly getting competition at lower levels in the draft. I wouldn’t draft a qb higher than round 4 at this point. Better to go Fa for a legit back up. See Flacco
I’m not sure how good of an example Purdy is. He was literally the last pick in the draft. 49ers definitely hit gold with him but I don’t think you can reasonably count on getting QB competition that low in the draft. More likely you’d be drafting Chris Oludukun (sp?)that low in the draft.

In Ben’s 3rd year in the league, he had 23 ints, a completion % of 59% and a rating of 75.2. He did this while surrounded by HOFers and a real NFL playbook. And he went 7-8.

In Kenny’s 2nd year, he’s thrown for 4 ints, a completion % of 62%, and a rating of 81.4.

I’d hate to know how you were reacting in 2006. You were probably praising Ben for pulling college girls into bathrooms and locking the door behind them, while saying he sucked as a player and he needed to go.
They went 8-8, not much different from this year or last year, I'd rather have the TD passes and go 8-8 than minimize the ints and be 8-8, it's a joke comparing Benny and Kenny, in his worse year, which is probably 2006, I'd take Ben. Why? Because he's far far far superior to Kenny and always will be. And NO, I never wanted him to go, as long as he kept flinging it and not fearing risk, that's exactly what I want, sometimes ints happen, if you don't risk ints, you have less TDs in the end. And the next year Ben had 32 TDs.

They went 8-8, not much different from this year or last year, I'd rather have the TD passes and go 8-8 than minimize the ints and be 8-8, it's a joke comparing Benny and Kenny, in his worse year, which is probably 2006, I'd take Ben. Why? Because he's far far far superior to Kenny and always will be.
Missing the point again. First, he went 7-8 and his back up won the 8th game. Second, it’s easy to go with Ben. I’m not sure anyone on the planet would take Kenny over Ben. But back then, you would have been all over Ben because you can’t see beyond the QB. But actually, in 2006, they were 7-8 because of the QB.

Missing the point again. First, he went 7-8 and his back up won the 8th game. Second, it’s easy to go with Ben. I’m not sure anyone on the planet would take Kenny over Ben. But back then, you would have been all over Ben because you can’t see beyond the QB. But actually, in 2006, they were 7-8 because of the QB.
I was never all over Ben, or even Tommy Maddox, over what? INTs? I want a fearless gunslinger, INTs here and there don't bother me at all, but having only 4 INTs in 12 games doesn't make me feel good if it's paired with only 6 TDs. It tells me that the QB doesn't pull the trigger on risky throws that could be TDs, that's what I want to watch, and don't tell me throwing less INTs is more important than TDs, or there would be championship QBs with 6 TDs the whole season, can you find an example? I personally hate ultra risk-free conservative, keep it close football, is that all Kenny can handle?

Yes, I can agree with that. Part of the problem is the weak ass "Steelers Way" playing conservative until that weak ass, gutless game plan has you falling behind and being forced to open it up. But still, there was much more production throughout the game with Ben, and his numbers are at least triple what Kenny's are.
You may want to go back and check the splits on BRs last year under Canada Dry before you make that claim

Through first three quarters he had 11 tds and less than 6 yard average per catch with 8 picks

Fourth quarter he had 12 TDS with over 7 yard average and only one pick

Last edited:
You may want to go back and check the splits on BRs last year under Canada Dry before you make that claim

Through first three quarters he had 11 tds and less than 6 yard average per catch with 8 picks

Fourth quarter he had 12 TDS with over 7 yard average and only one pick

11 TDs almost matches Kenny's career total, so that's really impressive compared to Kenny. Kenny this year has 6, JUST SIX, in 12 games, total, all 4 quarters combined.

There's no denying that THE STEELERS WAY IS WEAK ASS GARBAGE AND NEEDS TO BE TORCHED IN A DUMPSTER FIRE, but Ben did do more throughout the game.

I was never all over Ben, or even Tommy Maddox, over what? INTs? I want a fearless gunslinger, INTs here and there don't bother me at all, but having only 4 INTs in 12 games doesn't make me feel good if it's paired with only 6 TDs. It tells me that the QB doesn't pull the trigger on risky throws that could be TDs, that's what I want to watch, and don't tell me throwing less INTs is more important than TDs, or there would be championship QBs with 6 TDs the whole season, can you find an example? I personally hate ultra risk-free conservative, keep it close football, is that all Kenny can handle?
im actually frightened to say this but there are some actual valid points in 79's post here...

so we are just going to keep rolling mitch out there and watch him turn it over time and again because why? He's apparently younger and faster?

rudolph is the only qb on the roster that can actually go thru a progression. but im sure mitch will figure it out..
Turdsheetsky is so mind numbingly bad it’s hard to fathom wtf the Steelers were thinking (or weren’t) when they gave this stiff $10M a year. Guy is a turnover waiting to happen, has zero football instinct (thus falling down two yards short of the sticks late in the 4th Q w no one in sight), can’t run through his progressions and takes flight from the pocket w his head firmly down negating any throw on the run possibilities.

Missing the point again as usual.

Look, many head coaches around the league are offensive minded coaches. We have a middle school playbook (universally acknowledged by everyone in football and everyone around the world except you). Other HC’s can develop a scheme around the skill set and ability of their QB. And if the starter goes down, it’s next man up. But here, we have a HC who puts all the pressure on the QB not to turn the ball over and play conservative in a elementary scheme because he’s a defensive guy and nowhere near an innovator on offense. Kenny is told not to turn the ball over and he doesn’t. He’s accomplishing priority number #1 and has a great W/L record. Then when there’s no choice late in games, he goes out and wins. The ability is in there. How do I know? Because we’ve seen it a record amount of times for such a young QB. So you want more from him statistically? Fine. I do too. But to say he’s bad and sucks is extremely closed minded and not considering any other factor.

Pittsburghs biggest Kenny hater (he’s a lot like you) yesterday acknowledged that Kenny would probably have like 19 TDs and 9 ints if he played in SF offense like Purdy. And the reason he doesn’t think he’d be as good as Purdy and have 25 TDs and 6 ints is because he doesn’t have his pocket presence. Well my answer to that is what would Kenny’s pocket awareness be if he were allowed to sit in a clean pocket for 25 games like Purdy has? Think he’d be better than what he is now playing for the Steelers? Right now he’s seeing ghosts at times and that’s a learned behavior based on no trust in his oline, especially with the pressure up the middle. So one can say he’d be pretty darn good at SF. An argument can be made that he’d better even better.

11 TDs almost matches Kenny's career total, so that's really impressive compared to Kenny. Kenny this year has 6, JUST SIX, in 12 games, total, all 4 quarters combined.

There's no denying that THE STEELERS WAY IS WEAK ASS GARBAGE AND NEEDS TO BE TORCHED IN A DUMPSTER FIRE, but Ben did do more throughout the game.
With almost as many game changing pics and far more attempts

Missing the point again as usual.

Look, many head coaches around the league are offensive minded coaches. We have a middle school playbook (universally acknowledged by everyone in football and everyone around the world except you). Other HC’s can develop a scheme around the skill set and ability of their QB. And if the starter goes down, it’s next man up. But here, we have a HC who puts all the pressure on the QB not to turn the ball over and play conservative in a elementary scheme because he’s a defensive guy and nowhere near an innovator on offense. Kenny is told not to turn the ball over and he doesn’t. He’s accomplishing priority number #1 and has a great W/L record. Then when there’s no choice late in games, he goes out and wins. The ability is in there. How do I know? Because we’ve seen it a record amount of times for such a young QB. So you want more from him statistically? Fine. I do too. But to say he’s bad and sucks is extremely closed minded and not considering any other factor.

Pittsburghs biggest Kenny hater (he’s a lot like you) yesterday acknowledged that Kenny would probably have like 19 TDs and 9 ints if he played in SF offense like Purdy. And the reason he doesn’t think he’d be as good as Purdy and have 25 TDs and 6 ints is because he doesn’t have his pocket presence. Well my answer to that is what would Kenny’s pocket awareness be if he were allowed to sit in a clean pocket for 25 games like Purdy has? Think he’d be better than what he is now playing for the Steelers? Right now he’s seeing ghosts at times and that’s a learned behavior based on no trust in his oline, especially with the pressure up the middle. So one can say he’d be pretty darn good at SF. An argument can be made that he’d better even better.
All QBs get antsy when there’s a jail brake more often than not. Great point

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
His last 2 years 12-4 and 9-7-1 give me the more picks, along with 55 TDs over 13.
The last year was under Canada. He was 9-7-1. So now winning is important ? lol KP under Canada has a better winning record

The last year was under Canada. He was 9-7-1. So now winning is important ? lol KP under Canada has a better winning record
Winning is always important, WHO SAID IT WASN'T? they could be winning more if Kenny could put up more points. whoever says more TDs, more yards and more points doesn't give you a better chance to win is out of their minds. So, you're saying they win with Kenny because he doesn't produce yards and TDs, that's the key to winning?

i think a whole new OC, with a new QB coach could salvage Kenny's career. my criticism is the same as all of yours, not going thru progressions, missing wide open wrs, not seeing 1/2 the field, ducking and running even when there is no pressure, no pocket presence but with all that said, this is a result of very poor OL and just awful coaching and qb development..

what pisses me off, and i knew it would happen is by bringing back Canada, you basically wasted a whole freakin year and just more for him to "unlearn" under a new OC.. i knew it, hell most of us knew it and saw it coming from a mile away and here we are..

I think you still put him in a position to be your starter next year but i believe you get a tad aggressive and bring in a legit FA qb to compete with him. You cant just give him the starting job in '24 on a silver platter with zero competition, that would be absurd..

but im holding out hope that we can fix the garbage that canada ingrained in him and he can have a good nfl career, hopefully with us here in pittsburgh.

I think you still put him in a position to be your starter next year but i believe you get a tad aggressive and bring in a legit FA qb to compete with him. You cant just give him the starting job in '24 on a silver platter with zero competition, that would be absurd..
And NOT DOBBS!!! NOT DOBBS!!! NOT DOBBS!!! That's just too perfect of a Yinzer Nation idea, it would make me PUKE :)

Winning is always important, WHO SAID IT WASN'T? they could be winning more if Kenny could put up more points. whoever says more TDs, more yards and more points doesn't give you a better chance to win is out of their minds. So, you're saying they win with Kenny because he doesn't produce yards and TDs, that's the key to winning?
Who said that. Weve destroyed every straw man argument you've made so now you start making shit up. MM you're not very good at this.

Playing winning football is what matters. Making the plays when they need to be made (KP has more fourth quarter come from behind wins than any QB with his level of experience) and NOT turning the ball over. Ben may have thrown for a lot more TDs with Canada but he also was a turnover machine. And this is from a HOF QB with far more experience than KP.

Again Not one person defending KP says he has the talent that is even close to BR or any of the truly Franchise QBs. No one has said that he is definitively the answer at QB for the Steelers. What the people who are defending KP are rationally saying that the jury is still out because the coaching and talent around him is awful. Very few if any QBs could make this offense appreciably better to result in MORE WINS which is ultimately the objective Reference a HOF QB whose stats were not much better through three quarters and whose record was worse. You'd need a Mahomes type talent this year and those guys dont grow on trees. Oh and even with an OL and talent that is superior to what KP has hes struggled this year in a far more QB freinldy offense. Its almost as if ya know football is a team sport. LOL

i think a whole new OC, with a new QB coach could salvage Kenny's career. my criticism is the same as all of yours, not going thru progressions, missing wide open wrs, not seeing 1/2 the field, ducking and running even when there is no pressure, no pocket presence but with all that said, this is a result of very poor OL and just awful coaching and qb development..

what pisses me off, and i knew it would happen is by bringing back Canada, you basically wasted a whole freakin year and just more for him to "unlearn" under a new OC.. i knew it, hell most of us knew it and saw it coming from a mile away and here we are..

but im holding out hope that we can fix the garbage that canada ingrained in him and he can have a good nfl career, hopefully with us here in pittsburgh.
There's a lot to fix on that offense. The OL is a major problem. The closest thing you have to playmakers at the skill positions are a spoiled WR, a UDFA RB, and a TE that can't block but can at least make a catch on the ball down field. It's going to take a while to repair all the damage from too many poor drafts on the offensive side of the ball.

KP is your QB for two more years because of the economics of the game. The Steelers aren't going to go blow a wad of cash on a guy that has any chance of competing to start unless they just get lucky. They just can't afford it under the cap with so many other needs to fill. Right now, it doesn't matter who the QB is behind that line and nobody worth a damn is going to want to get behind it and risk their career.

Who said that. Weve destroyed every straw man argument you've made so now you start making shit up. MM you're not very good at this.

Playing winning football is what matters. Making the plays when they need to be made (KP has more fourth quarter come from behind wins than any QB with his level of experience) and NOT turning the ball over. Ben may have thrown for a lot more TDs with Canada but he also was a turnover machine. And this is from a HOF QB with far more experience than KP.

Again Not one person defending KP says he has the talent that is even close to BR or any of the truly Franchise QBs. No one has said that he is definitively the answer at QB for the Steelers. What the people who are defending KP are rationally saying that the jury is still out because the coaching and talent around him is awful. Very few if any QBs could make this offense appreciably better to result in MORE WINS which is ultimately the objective Reference a HOF QB whose stats were not much better through three quarters and whose record was worse. You'd need a Mahomes type talent this year and those guys dont grow on trees. Oh and even with an OL and talent that is superior to what KP has hes struggled this year in a far more QB freinldy offense. Its almost as if ya know football is a team sport. LOL
you haven't come close to destroying anything.

GOtta fix the OL. Priorty #1A in addition to getting a top OC. We'll find out of Mikey Mediocre gets it based on who he hires as OC. Im betting he picks one of the two co coordinators.

There's a lot to fix on that offense. The OL is a major problem. The closest thing you have to playmakers at the skill positions are a spoiled WR, a UDFA RB, and a TE that can't block but can at least make a catch on the ball down field. It's going to take a while to repair all the damage from too many poor drafts on the offensive side of the ball.

KP is your QB for two more years because of the economics of the game. The Steelers aren't going to go blow a wad of cash on a guy that has any chance of competing to start unless they just get lucky. They just can't afford it under the cap with so many other needs to fill. Right now, it doesn't matter who the QB is behind that line and nobody worth a damn is going to want to get behind it and risk their career.
first, you got to figure out the LT. it was as simple as saying that Broderick is your man but that dude looks good at RT and chuks is all but gone so i'd keep him over there. Now, you have to find a LT. pretty much the hardest and most important position on offense outside of QB.

Dan moore might be the worst LT in the league over the last two years. honestly, it's not even debatable. he is..

Once you accomplish that, you go find a center that isnt garbage, should be able to find that in the FA market. i think you go WR in draft in top 2 rounds. i know you cant move dionte or Pickens now or next year but these two just dont have it, they arent the answer. CA3 is a punt returner and #4 or #5 caliber wr at best, allen robinson, hmm, well he blocks. but again, dime a dozen and adds very little value.

So yeah, that's your easy fix to the offense. what other issues can i solve for you guys?

Stop Your making way too much sense.

Agree OL is priority #1A behind getting an OC Also need to address WR either through the draft or in FA. Its too bad they cant dump the two bozos at WR.

Reactions: pittdan77
Only in your own little mind. Your only rebuttall has been but he stinks.
We'll see then, if you think he's been good for more than a series or 2 here and there you're delusional. I certainly pray to God that you are right, and he becomes a respectable NFL QB, I want to be wrong.

He went to the read on the play, which was to his right. No one remotely open, he saw an avenue to try and get it in himself and decisively tried to, falling just short.
so he's a one read qb and incapable of seeing more than 1/2 the field. that's a problem..

We'll see then, if you think he's been good for more than a series or 2 here and there you're delusional. I certainly pray to God that you are right, and he becomes a respectable NFL QB, I want to be wrong.
Id say the data suggests hes been good for more than a series or two.

Reactions: FireballZ
Id say the data suggests hes been good for more than a series or two.

1/4th?

OK, let's hope you're right and with new coaching Kenny can perform like an average QB.
We won’t know about KP or any qb (not named Mahomes ) until they get a legit OC and improve the OL. Thats been my point all along

so he's a one read qb and incapable of seeing more than 1/2 the field. that's a problem.
KP obviously has a LOT of room to improve, but that really is not a fair assessment of this particular play.

The pocket clock was ticking and the time it would have taken him to turn and look across to the other side of the field, if there was nothing there, he would almost assuredly would have been swallowed up the by the pass rush.

He made a decision and acted decisively to tuck it and try to get it himself. Fell a yard short - he gets that final yard it is a TD and no one is talking about all of this.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
KP obviously has a LOT of room to improve, but that really is not a fair assessment of this particular play.

The pocket clock was ticking and the time it would have taken him to turn and look across to the other side of the field, if there was nothing there, he would almost assuredly would have been swallowed up the by the pass rush.

He made a decision and acted decisively to tuck it and try to get it himself. Fell a yard short - he gets that final yard it is a TD and no one is talking about all of this.
i agree but on the flip side, IF he sees the wide open WR and throws it, he doesnt get hurt.

never take anyone or anything you care about for granted.
words of wisdom

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT