ADVERTISEMENT

Moe-bservations: Recap of Clemson Game #8 ACC

Chairman Moe

All Conference
Nov 4, 2003
Just around the corner from Paradise
## 16-4 / 5-3; not quite halfway thru the ACC Regular Season

## When we've lost this year we were a convincing losing team - none of the four were even close and we've looked very bad in each

## When we've won this year - with the exception of the BC Game - we've never won "comfortably"

## This team to me remains a mystery; after 20 games with a .750 overall percentage and .600 league percentage, we fans ought to feel positive; but I'm looking at the next 5 games and can easily see us going 1-4, which puts us squarely on the bubble at 17-8 and 6-7. I know that doesn't mark the end of the season, but I think at the end we will need 22 or more wins to assure an NCAAT bid

## I've noticed that other team's 5th year players seem to outplay our 5th year players

## Noticed that Ryan Luther looked confident with his offense tonight but he is still undersized on defense and with his rebounding

## Our defense is not going to win us any games this year. Period. It's not in their DNA. If it were it would've showed up by the 20th game of the year, IMO - and I'm not talking about a few good spurts, here and there. It's about consistent D, game in and game out

# As poor a first half as Michael had against FSU, Jamel had a poor game against Clemson. One of the worst I've seen from him. I know the announcers were comparing he and Blossomgame prior to tip-off, but #5 from Clemson was the far better player tonight. And I really didn't think that Blossomgame was that great on D

## Tonight we stunk

## I hope we can go 2-3 over the next 5 games but I'm not that optimistic based on what I saw tonight; I will look forward to eating these words after Feb 16 if the Panthers prove me wrong

## 50/50 about attending the UM Game on Feb 9. Any other S Fla area Pitt Fans lurking here who might go? Send me a message

Last edited:
Team isn't a mystery Moe, it's very black and white- we are not very good. We beat cupcake after cupcake which told us nothing about us. When we played ranked teams we lost, now we are losing to winless teams at home- the whole gambit.

We are a hot mess.

Team isn't a mystery Moe, it's very black and white- we are not very good. We beat cupcake after cupcake which told us nothing about us. When we played ranked teams we lost, now we are losing to winless teams at home- the whole gambit.

We are a hot mess.
We'll go through the season without beating a good team---this team is talent-challenged, and JD isn't helping turn it around--bad trend going on

Reactions: PittPoker
18-7 by your counts(2 and 3 over next 5).........NIT level at best

## We've lost to a #16 ranked Louisville on the road; a #21 ranked Purdue at home - both of whom will probably be no worse than a #6 seed

# We've lost to two un ranked teams (NCSt at home and Clemson on the road) neither of whom will be guaranteed a bid
18-7 by your counts(2 and 3 over next 5).........NIT level at best

I think UPitt'89 had a post today where he detailed the next 10 games. I think my reply was that I expect Pitt to go 5-5 over this stretch based on how we're playing right now. That was allowing for us winning a couple of games we are not supposed to, and losing one or more that we are projected to win.

As I mentioned, we cannot lose another home game to an un-ranked team, period. If we split the final ten games of the regular ACC season, we'll be 21-9 (overall record; and 10-8 in conference. I would like to see one of those wins against a ranked team, but that isn't too likely based on my projections. I see us beating VT once; and then GT, Syracuse, Duke and Wake Forest. Losses to UVA, Louisville, VT (away), Miami and UNC. I am guessing Duke to be a "vote-getter" rather than a Top 25 ranked team when we face them. And at 21-9/10-8, I am thinking we have to win at least one ACCT game to ensure a spot in the dance.

I hope I am wrong about this . . .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT