ADVERTISEMENT

My goodness,Cummings is a great shooter-wow,just wow.

If Bub leaves and he starts, I think he can make the all-frosh team. Very impressed from what I've seen from him. He can shoot it and he's really athletic doing highlight reel dunks. Dont understand how he isnt a Top 50

Last edited:
If Bub leaves and he starts, I think he can make the all-frosh team. Very impressed from what I've seen from him. He cant shoot it and he's really athletic doing highlight reel dunks. Dont understand how he isnt a Top 50

It's weird, but part of me almost hopes Bub leaves because I think those NIL funds could be put to better use elsewhere.

Part of me just wonders, will we really get so lucky with yet another freshman guard coming in and performing at that high of a level again, so soon? That makes me tamper my expectations a bit. But everything I’ve seen and heard about him gives me hope.

If we have three out of these four, it'll be the best Pitt back court since...IDK, I don't want to have a hot take, but it'll be good: Bub, Lowe, Leggett, Cummings. If we have two, that's still very nice but then we may have a little depth issue that will require the portal.

Reactions: DruidTM
It's weird, but part of me almost hopes Bub leaves because I think those NIL funds could be put to better use elsewhere.

I hear you but if he stays, we have to be able to afford Lowe, Bub, Leggett, and a P6 quality big. I mean what are we talking there? $1.5 million for those 4? Then another $500K for the rest? If you cant pay $2 million for your roster, what's the point?

Reactions: Atilla Cosby
I hear you but if he stays, we have to be able to afford Lowe, Bub, Leggett, and a P6 quality big. I mean what are we talking there? $1.5 million for those 4? Then another $500K for the rest? If you cant pay $2 million for your roster, what's the point?
A big man would more than make up for like 3 role players though. If Bub and Lowe are both back, you go all in this year on a center to try and make a run.

Main rotating players
Bub
Lowe
Ish
Austin
Transfer Big
GDG
Cummings
Kante
Transfer

End of bench depth
JDG
Barnes

Red Shirt

So, it’s not like they can take on any more meaningful players anyway and they are already close to a potential 10 deep rotation.
So it would be 500K for Twins, Kante, Austin, a low end transfer and Barnes.

Last edited:
I don't think alot of people realize just how great Bubs season was. That will be hard to duplicate, even if a kid is top 10 ranked. I mean we all thought Dante Taylor would come in and be what Dejuan was (or better) just because he was more highly ranked.

Not at all. But the competition will change.
No doubt , but you can’t teach someone to be naturally gifted shooter . As long as he’s quick enough to get his shot off , which he appears to be he should be fine .

Don’t get carried away….please.
Yeah, I'm confused by the indifference I'm seeing over whether Bub stays or leaves for another program if he chooses to play another season in college. He had one of the best seasons any of us have ever seen from a Pitt freshman, he was one of the youngest players in college basketball, and he seems like someone who is a student of the game and willing to put in the work to improve. Would Pitt survive if he leaves? Sure. But if he's on the team next season, Pitt hoops will have its most talented roster since 2010-2011.

Reactions: Islanderpanther
Yeah, I'm confused by the indifference I'm seeing over whether Bub stays or leaves for another program if he chooses to play another season in college. He had one of the best seasons any of us have ever seen from a Pitt freshman, he was one of the youngest players in college basketball, and he seems like someone who is a student of the game and willing to put in the work to improve. Would Pitt survive if he leaves? Sure. But if he's on the team next season, Pitt hoops will have its most talented roster since 2010-2011.

No one is wishing him gone in a vacuum.
It's just understanding that NIL funds are probably more limited than any of us would like them to be and we should still have three productive guards on the roster. Obviously everyone's first choice would be to keep the current team intact *and* sign an impact 4 *and* sign am impact 5. Is that realistic? I don't know.

No one is wishing him gone in a vacuum.
It's just understanding that NIL funds are probably more limited than any of us would like them to be and we should still have three productive guards on the roster. Obviously everyone's first choice would be to keep the current team intact *and* sign an impact 4 *and* sign am impact 5. Is that realistic? I don't know.
I get it, but I think a lot of people on here have started to assume Cummings will step in and immediately match or come close to Bub's production. I think that's asking quite a lot. Plus, they need to replace some of Hinson's production. I will feel much, much more confident about the prospects for next season if Bub returns.

I get it, but I think a lot of people on here have started to assume Cummings will step in and immediately match or come close to Bub's production. I think that's asking quite a lot. Plus, they need to replace some of Hinson's production. I will feel much, much more confident about the prospects for next season if Bub returns.

Believe me, my first choice is Lowe, Leggett, and Bub 1-3. Just approaching it from a practicality standpoint. Because if it's those three and then Austin/GDG, and Kante in the starting lineup, I don't think that's a great team. It's not that I don't get what you're saying or disagree with it.

Reactions: PatMac59
Believe me, my first choice is Lowe, Leggett, and Bub 1-3. Just approaching it from a practicality standpoint. Because if it's those three and then Austin/GDG, and Kante in the starting lineup, I don't think that's a great team. It's not that I don't get what you're saying or disagree with it.
The question is do the big boosters have enough cash to get it done ? Pitt has the core and needs a few pieces to make them a special team . If they’re not willing to step up now then I don’t see how Pitt will ever be a serious contender except in very rare circumstances.

I assume PITTstorm didn't watch the game or the highlights if he thinks Cummings was just hitting wide open threes he won't get in college. He was taking Blake Hinson distance bombs and step backs. Very impressive.
And I did watch…about three minutes at the start of the second quarter. LP scored about 20 points in those three minutes and I turned it off. EVERYBODY was scoring for LP. Men among boys.

I assume PITTstorm didn't watch the game or the highlights if he thinks Cummings was just hitting wide open threes he won't get in college. He was taking Blake Hinson distance bombs and step backs. Very impressive.
Maybe you missed the part where Archbishop Carroll plays a nine-man rotation…of all freshmen & sophomores.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT