ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi let his team down.

boseman7

Scholarship
Jul 31, 2007
I feel like today coach Narduzzi let this team down. You have a responsibility as a coach to play the players they give you the best chance to win. I saw even in Alabama that Nick Saban when he realized his quarterback, was holding his team back from being able to win, he benched Him even though he was a big-time recruit. Even though the kid might transfer. Because they have a culture that says the team winning is the most important thing. Now, for whatever reason, the only quarterback that Pat Narduzzi has let develop is Kenny Pickett. And I think he has quarterbacks on his roster who he can do the same thing with but for some reason he keeps going out and getting grad transfers and washed up college quarterbacks. I said earlier this summer that they don’t foster an environment of true competition so you can really see who’s the best quarterback .I said earlier this summer that they don’t foster a environment of true competition so you can really see who the best quarterback is under adversity. So my thing is with Narduzzi is if you’re going to fire a guy that you want to championship with in Mark Whipple you owe it to your team to get somebody who is better or at least at the same level. I do see people open in this offense, but the quarterback is preventing the offense from being able to execute. He is going to have to make a change whether he wants to or not.

He has done SO much good and right, I just don't get how he doesn't see what a disaster this is.

Even mediocre qb play they easily could be 3-0 today.

But, he goes w Jurk against NC, he will lose the team.

He let the team down when he hired Cignetti. The guys has been mediocre to bad everywhere he been. Fortunately his family is well connected and liked I. The coaches world that why he always lands on his feet. There is a reason why in his 34 year coaching career only once had he stayed at a place longer than 3 years. There is a reason. He bounced around so much.

Last edited:
In the off-season, Narduzzi has to look into firing his entire offensive staff. Cignetti is a huge disappointment, Borberly and his OL are a complete nightmare and have been since he was hired, I have no idea how Tim Salem continues to draw a paycheck he’s a total waste, and Underwood has been Underwhelming to say the least. I’m not sure Narduzzi should see another year, but he will almost certainly be back.

In the off-season, Narduzzi has to look into firing his entire offensive staff. Cignetti is a huge disappointment, Borberly and his OL are a complete nightmare and have been since he was hired, I have no idea how Tim Salem continues to draw a paycheck he’s a total waste, and Underwood has been Underwhelming to say the least. I’m not sure Narduzzi should see another year, but he will almost certainly be back.
He should but his ego won’t let him hire a splash coordinator. He doesn’t want the identity of his team to be offense. He wants everyone to dawn over his hard core defenses.

Both of the football coaches in this town have an ego bigger than they deserve. I am not here to bash Narduzzi, but he is letting the rest of the team down. These last 2 weeks have seen the worst QB play since the days of John Ryan. What is alarming is the opponents were not top 10 teams and our squad was not huge underdogs. Knowing the way Narduzzi runs things, there will not be a QB change unless Jurkovac is injured.

He has done SO much good and right, I just don't get how he doesn't see what a disaster this is.

Even mediocre qb play they easily could be 3-0 today.

But, he goes w Jurk against NC, he will lose the team.
He pissed away a lot of the good he built after 2021. Being upset that you won a lot of games because you don't like passing the ball is nonsensical. It's borderline childish.

The body language of the team shows they have zero confidence in the QB. The coach will be lost next if he sticks with Phil. Internally, I bet numerous coaches want to see a change as well.

Someone needs to tell Narduzzi the secret is out….

But, but, but....Narduzzi keeps saying we had as many total yards as wvu. So what? All that tells me is that you aren't a very good coach and your players did nothing with the yards they did get, while your guys gave the ball away like it was a birthday present. His excuses and whining say that he's a bad coach and his professional players are bad, too.

He pissed away a lot of the good he built after 2021. Being upset that you won a lot of games because you don't like passing the ball is nonsensical. It's borderline childish.

Fans have very short memories. What happened a couple of years ago may as well have happened 25 years ago. Win now or go somewhere else.

Next week will be very interesting with how he handles who the starters are, especially at QB. If it's Jerky, there will be boos galore. Then Jerky will whine and cry and tell the fans they're idiots. Poor baby. You're being paid good money to do your job. You haven't done it yet through 3 games. And I don't think Narduzzi has enough courage to sit a highly paid player on the bench in favor of a bench QB. That's where we're at now.

Narduzzi's wrong. Dead wrong. Jerky is no leader. He's a whiner and a coward. And he's wasting a lot of money that he's getting paid to play and win.

Quote from WVU player says it all "One of the greatest Backyard Brawl quotes of all time. The pitt QB Phil Jurkovec is absolutely horrible, but it's hilarious hearing Beanie Bishop say it during the postgame! "We knew coming into the game their quarterback wasn't good at his job." An absolute embarrassment for this proud university.

A quote from a defender who can't stop the pass and on a team that probably shouldn't win more than 4-5 games all season.

A quote from a defender who can't stop the pass and on a team that probably shouldn't win more than 4-5 games all season.

That just proves how bad this team and QB really are, when a lousy player from a team that won't win more than 2 more games all year can say that about our QB.

Reactions: Burgh15
I’m reigniting this thread. I just think that because of lazy coaching calls Pitt at least three more wins. so the next time somebody gives me the lame excuse that” the coaches know more than we do because they are in practice” spare me. Talked about how coaches will play guys because they just don’t want to spend the time that is necessary to develop a quarterback or a player unless it’s absolutely necessary. This also proves that they need to stop being lazy and getting transfer portal quarterbacks who are grad transfers and just spend the whole off-season preparing your quarterback room to play college football. I it is absolutely mind blowing that. They let the circus continue for this long before they were forced to try to quarterback that they claimed didn’t out play their season opening starter. Once again, I have to ask a question. What are these coaches doing in practice that doesn’t stimulate proper evaluation of their quarterbacks? I’ve been complaining about this since the days of Joe Flacco.

• Haha
Reactions: TD_6082
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT