ADVERTISEMENT

NC State and BC

buckage

Redshirt
Jun 14, 2013
If somehow both ended up as Q1 wins, how difficult would the mental gymnastics have to be to discount them?

If somehow both ended up as Q1 wins, how difficult would the mental gymnastics have to be to discount them?

The quad thing is stupid. The results and their corresponding NETs are on the Team Sheet. Wins should be ranked on the Team Sheet like

1. vs #10
2. @ #20
3. vs #15
4. @ 40
5. @ #50
6. vs #55

Etc

Reactions: buckage
The quad thing is stupid. The results and their corresponding NETs are on the Team Sheet. Wins should be ranked on the Team Sheet like

1. vs #10
2. @ #20
3. vs #15
4. @ 40
5. @ #50
6. vs #55

Etc
Preaching to the choir. Would love to see the prognosticators address it though.

State NET is 73 so that is now a Q1 road win and home win is a Q2. BC moves to 80. Pitt Q1/2 is now 8-8. Overall NET dropped one to 45.

Pitt is also 7-3 against the 8 QF ACCT teams including 4-1 on the road. Pitt now has 4 road wins against the NET top 80 and 3 Q1 road wins.

Pitt’s Q1/2 road record is 5-4. That alone should get them in.

Last edited:
Duke’s NET is 10 so State has some margin to lose and stay in the top 75. BC needs to beat UVA to get into the Top 75.

I think we deserve to be in. But if we lose today and don’t get in I won’t be too pissed at the committee. We have to win today and leave no doubts.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
State NET is 73 so that is now a Q1 road win and home win is a Q2. BC moves to 80. Pitt Q1/2 is now 8-8. Overall NET dropped one to 45.

Pitt is also 7-3 against the 8 QF ACCT teams including 4-1 on the road. Pitt now has 4 road wins against the NET top 80 and 3 Q1 road wins.

Pitt’s Q1/2 road record is 5-4. That alone should get them in.
I also noticed the 7-3 record against the remaining 8

The most important result of the day would be UVa losing to BC. If that happens, any sane individual could not put UVa in over Pitt and there's simply no way the ACC is only getting 3 out of 15 teams while the MWC sends 90% of their league.

The most important result of the day would be UVa losing to BC. If that happens, any sane individual could not put UVa in over Pitt and there's simply no way the ACC is only getting 3 out of 15 teams while the MWC sends 90% of their league.
Yea but then you got NCst and bc tomorrow with a possible bid steal on sat…

NC State beats Duke which will put the NC State wins on the road and home as Quad 1 and Quad 2 wins. Who would have thought about 5 days ago that Pitt and NC State would have a chance to play 2 Saturday nights in a row possibly in a few days.

NC State beats Duke which will put the NC State wins on the road and home as Quad 1 and Quad 2 wins. Who would have thought about 5 days ago that Pitt and NC State would have a chance to play 2 Saturday nights in a row possibly in a few days
yes those wins are now in the bank. BC beating UVA could add a BC road win into the Q1 bucket as they are 80 and it would push UvA behind Pitt for good.

NC State beats Duke which will put the NC State wins on the road and home as Quad 1 and Quad 2 wins. Who would have thought about 5 days ago that Pitt and NC State would have a chance to play 2 Saturday nights in a row possibly in a few days.

Me. I said I liked their draw

2-7 Q1 and 5 road wins. 1-5 road Q1
4-5 Q1 and 7 road wins 4-3 road Q1
Oh and we beat them by 11 at their place

The A10 tourney................I mean ...........................is that a disaster or does the committee understand they are just bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT