ADVERTISEMENT

New Guy Here

iMissTheOldDays

Scholarship
Jan 27, 2016
Hey everybody diehard Pitt fan here from central pa been reading this board for years decided I would sign up and start posting , I guess I will start my first post by just saying its kind of weird watching us play this style of basketball these days , no defense at all , the team doesn't even seem to care about playing defense really , mostly a jump shooting on offense which can run hot or cold and not very successful , and last but not least no tough guys we all use to love such as Brandin , Carl , Levance , Graves , Mike Cook , Wanamaker , Lamar , I even miss guys like Keith Benjamin and Ramon .. Those guys were soldiers man , It just baffles me how we got away from our type of players and our type of basketball and now we see the results of it , I still have faith in Jamie Dixon though as I think he can get us back right but it all starts with getting back to players who actually care and play as hard on defense as they do on offense .. Feel free to respond guys .. Look forward to posting more often .

The reason we got away from out type of player is because... too many people were crying out to get more highly ranked recruits and Dixon went with that and got Dante Taylor and the like.

The results for that speak for themselves.

He is going back to his type of player but I hope it is not too little too late.

Hey everybody diehard Pitt fan here from central pa been reading this board for years decided I would sign up and start posting , I guess I will start my first post by just saying its kind of weird watching us play this style of basketball these days , no defense at all , the team doesn't even seem to care about playing defense really , mostly a jump shooting on offense which can run hot or cold and not very successful , and last but not least no tough guys we all use to love such as Brandin , Carl , Levance , Graves , Mike Cook , Wanamaker , Lamar , I even miss guys like Keith Benjamin and Ramon .. Those guys were soldiers man , It just baffles me how we got away from our type of players and our type of basketball and now we see the results of it , I still have faith in Jamie Dixon though as I think he can get us back right but it all starts with getting back to players who actually care and play as hard on defense as they do on offense .. Feel free to respond guys .. Look forward to posting more often .

The big myth is that Jamie recruited a different type of player. That's just untrue. He cant "select" like Calipari. Recruiting is a crap shoot. I am sure he tried to get more offensively talented players before but couldn't. Luckily the ones he got, took pride in D. This group doesnt like to play D but Jamie didnt go out searching for that. If Young and Artis were in 05, you dont think he takes them?

This team has 2 glaring problems defensively. No lock down guard like JP, Dixon, GB. Guards just do whatever they want against us. And we have no inside presence to deter drives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT