ADVERTISEMENT

New Volleyball Rankings

vantheman1976

Redshirt
Apr 2, 2005
See below....the latest rankings of the top 7 schools....RPI and AVCA coaches poll. Clearly....Pitt controls their own destiny. A top 4 seed is for the taking....just beat Miami and Syracuse. I can't say the same for Louisville....looks like they may get screwed....but I hope not. They deserve a top 4 seed more than Texas......and also lurking is Wisconsin if they beat Nebraska.

RPI

RANKSCHOOLCONFERENCERECORDROADNEUTRALHOMENON DIV I
1NebraskaBig Ten27-010-00-017-00-0
2StanfordPac-1224-314-10-010-20-0
3PittsburghACC23-410-21-112-10-0
4LouisvilleACC23-48-32-013-10-0
5TexasBig 1221-49-21-011-20-0
6WisconsinBig Ten24-311-32-011-00-0
7OregonPac-1224-512-16-16-30-0

AVCA

RANKSCHOOLTOTAL POINTSRECORDPREVIOUS
1Nebraska (64)160027-01
2Stanford153424-32
3Pittsburgh136723-47
4Texas136021-45
5Wisconsin134824-33
6Oregon131924-56
7Louisville126623-44

Did anyone think this team would be going into the last week of the season #3 in the country? Wasn’t this a “rebuilding year”?

Did anyone think this team would be going into the last week of the season #3 in the country? Wasn’t this a “rebuilding year”?
With the portal transfers and incoming freshman, expectations were high. The freshman have been even better than advertised. Losing Bre Kelly was a bummer but Emma Monks has filled in admirably. I think the preseason thought was “ This team could be really good.” Reload vs rebuild.

With the portal transfers and incoming freshman, expectations were high. The freshman have been even better than advertised. Losing Bre Kelly was a bummer but Emma Monks has filled in admirably. I think the preseason thought was “ This team could be really good.” Reload vs rebuild.
Exactly this, coming into the season the expectation was Pitt would be a top 10 team but the level of play from the freshmen would determine how high in the top 10 we could go. After Kelley went down the ceiling was expected to be around 7/8. The way Monks has stepped up and the level of play from Babcock/Stafford has been way beyond expectations

Reactions: RightSaidTed
Exactly this, coming into the season the expectation was Pitt would be a top 10 team but the level of play from the freshmen would determine how high in the top 10 we could go. After Kelley went down the ceiling was expected to be around 7/8. The way Monks has stepped up and the level of play from Babcock/Stafford has been way beyond expectations
Absolutely agree....the freshman just keep getting better and better as they have learned to let the game come to them....and they still haven't peaked. In terms of Monks....she's Fisher's latest project....from unheralded transfer to very likely All American. That man is a player's coach through and through.

I thought they had a chance to be really good - but earning a #1 seed would be more than anyone could have really expected- especially after Bre Kelley got hurt.

Other than the two freshmen stars - Monks, VVG, and our role players - Logan Mosley, Cat Flood, Griffin, Klika , Nwokolo - have had big moments to push us to huge victories. And , Fairbanks has just been outstanding.

Fisher has pushed the right buttons as usual.

If I'm not mistaken there's another transfer
who is out injured, Kelley, who was pre season
ACC. Imagine her on this team.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT