ADVERTISEMENT

Next year’s team outlook and what’s needed

MattP31

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2013
As it stands now we have 7 guys on scholarship coming back and 3 recruits coming, 3 open spots to fill and a chance to use our momentum from this year to help.

Assuming no one leaves by transfer or goes pro, here’s a look at what we’ve got.

PG-Some combination of Dior(assuming he stays) and freshman Lowe. Maybe can get some help from Carrington as a ball handler. We need a veteran here via transfer portal

SG-Some combination of Dior, Lowe, and Carrington. Young group with questions but upside. Looks a lot better if we bring in a point with experience. Either way we’ll have good ball handling out of the 2 spot

3-This is where we badly need an addition. It’ll be some combination of Díaz Graham, Jeffress, Santos, Barnes, and maybe some Carrington if we go to three guard sets

4-Hinson with minutes from Fede and probably both Díaz Graham’s. Can also see Jeffress, Santos, Barnes seeing some minutes here. Wouldn’t hate a good rebounding 4 come in to play off the bench

5-Probably the one spot nothing is needed as Fede and Díaz Graham will share it. And by nothing being needed I’m talking personnel as we need Díaz Graham to add some strength

Assuming Dior stays and Barnes doesn’t leave now that John is gone, I’d say if we use our 3 spots on a veteran 1, a good 3, and a rotational 4 who can help on the boards we can have a similar type of season next year. The DG twins will be that much better and stronger, Fede enters year two, Hinson will have fully shaken off the rust, Jeffress return helps our defense, Dior is a big talent, and I like the 2 guards in the recruiting class

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News