ADVERTISEMENT

Ollison gets player of the week on CBS

Im starting to like the idea of the Steelers drafting Ollison or Hall to be Conner's backup next season.
The Steelers should take advantage of location ( with PITT football) and pick-up a few undrafted developing players who have upside potential. Ollison and Hall are perfect examples.
I think Ollison is great but has a very similar running style to Conner. IMO the pick-up for the Steelers would be Hall. Hall is a different kind of runner with more speed and quickness which would complment Conner.
One of the guys on The Fan 93.7 on Sunday mentioned the Steelers should consider Ollison, but he said Ollison should consider dropping a few pounds so he's a bit faster/quicker?

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams

Last edited:
If we can continue to win the next two games, and give Clemson a real fit, and Ollison and Hall continue to take chunk after chunk after chunk from these defenses they really need to be in the running for numerous awards. These guys have been the difference maker for us down the stretch.

CBS, the SEC station probably hated giving that award to an ACC player but no one in the country was more deserving.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Or

Matt galambos
Quadree henderson
Scott orndoff

You're a real visionary......
Thank you and I do agree with you on that one!
Most other smart, perceptive people agree with you and say the same thing!

You forgot a few Anthony Gonzalez and Jared Holly got tryouts.
I know that because both are from out local HS football conference.
Actually Mrs Buffett and I spoke to Anthony Gonzalez last year at one
of the restaurants we go to he was sitting at the bar next to us. Nice guy!

But none of the three you listed and the two I listed are on the active Steelers rooster.
What I had in mind and suggested were "special" players who can actually make the team and make a contribution.

Either Ollison or Hall could be one of those players!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
CBS, the SEC station probably hated giving that award to an ACC player but no one in the country was more deserving.
I agree. Maybe it's me but I always get the feeling that the acc broadcasters are looking to boost up the southern teams and downplay the northern teams.

Walter Camp gave their award this week to Temple's RB whose production was lower on more carries than Ollison. Have to think Ollison wins their award too if Hall hadn't just won it last week.

I agree. Maybe it's me but I always get the feeling that the acc broadcasters are looking to boost up the southern teams and downplay the northern teams.

I don’t know “James” and the guy who always calls James by name seem to really like Pitt and theyre especially fond of Ollison.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT