ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Results

lucac

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2010
Figured we should start a thread for results. I'll try to post them as they come up when I can. Feel free to post if your watching.

Gray wins her semifinal match and moves to the finals to face Aline Rotter Focken from Germany

Mensah Stock wins her 1st match 10-0 over the 2016 Gold medalist. Just ran right through her

Last edited:
Mensah Stock with another absolutely dominate 10-0 win and moves onto the semis

Mensah Stock wins 10-4 and advances to the finals. Both women so far advance to the finals about as good as we could have started in freestyle.

Gray upset in the final 7-3 and takes silver. A pretty disappointing result for her I'm sure as she was a pretty big favorite to win this bracket.

Happy for her to finally get that Olympic medal though what an absolute legend of women's wrestling and an all around great person and representative of the sport

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno53
Tamyra Mensah Stock wins 4-1 and bring home the 1st Gold medal for the USA what a run she looked incredible the entire tournament

Reactions: BigNate and Ryno53
Helen Maroulis with a brutal drawl but wins her 1st round match 8-4 and moves on looked good

David Taylor wins 11-0 in classic DT fashion my god his pace and pressure is unreal

David Taylor is truly awesome. Never ever stops. Honestly think that the men can medal in 4 weights. Taylor and Dake may be favorites, can never count out Snyder, but gable will be most exciting.

Reactions: DevilDog42
Gilman losses a heartbreaking to the favorite Uguevfrom Russia. Gilman led 5-4 until 5 seconds left in the match

Gilman looked good and if Uguev makes the final Gilman gets pulled back in for a chance of bronze so he still has a chance

Gavin Taylor beats Myles Amine 12-2 and moves into the semi-finals

Helen just put on a down block go behind clinic and wins 8-0 and moves into the semis. She looks good but she has another tough match up next

David Taylor wins and moves to the finals against Yazdahni of Iran

Uguev makes the finals and Gilman gets pulled back in and needs 1 win to wrestle for bronze

Noooooooooo

It was gutting watching it I can't imagine the emotion he went through sitting and having to wait and see if he got pulled back in keeping your focus has to be almost impossible after that

Draws for tonight

Gable will have Aghul 2nd round if he wins but otherwise most of the other top guys are on the otherside

JacarraWinchester got an absolutely brutal draw and she's going to have to wrestle all very difficult matches to even medal

Dake is on the same side as Chamizo and they would meet in the semis if both advance. And Sidakov got an extremely light draw on the otherside of the bracket

I'm just glad to have anyone remotely interested in talking wrestling most of my friends don't watch it
Most of mine watch it, but it’s good to see the board active in the off season.

Last edited:
Reactions: lucac
Wow Gilman just walked through that guy and moves in the bronze match. Gilman has looked great in both matches

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT