ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar Tshiebwe with an interesting decision

Ridiculously cheap of you are asking a returning POY and 1st rd draft pick to return.

It would be embarrassing tbh.
500-750. Power struggle is why Oscar is coming back. Cal asked him why would you come back. Nothing left to do. The 2 mill number is from outside the program. Not remotely accurate

500-750. Power struggle is why Oscar is coming back. Cal asked him why would you come back. Nothing left to do. The 2 mill number is from outside the program. Not remotely accurate
I will believe a reputable college basketball writer over you. Plus 500-750 seems way to low to come back. $1 million - $2 million seems accurate for the best player in college basketball on the team with the most rabid fanbase in college basketball.

Reactions: Ronnyp91
Not sure who would draft a 6'7.5" center with no ball skills in the first round.

The NBA has drafted on potential for so long, they have seriously diluted the the talent pool.

Projections for Twishbe are all over the board. I've seen him as high as a late first rounder to not even drafted.

He's certainly valuable to UK though.

Then where is the $2 million figure coming from?

If he thinks he's going to get $2 million, he better be getting $2 million

If they are leaking that he's going to get $2 million, he better get $2 million.
Wild development. Have no clue what he's really going to get??

I know one of this kid’s 1st American coaches and let’s just say he’s not always done what’s best for himself but rather tries to please the people around him. Moronic decision to go back to UK. As @BballinsiderfromPitt said kid is a 10-15 year NBA player.
Just curious, you think it was a mistake, or a necessary move to leave WVU? I know it's UK but they didn't win the title either and the only thing WVU was missing was a center who could rebound, put backs, etc. They had him and lost in the 1st round I think it was. I ask considering the freshman year he had at WVU doing the same things he did at UK.

Just curious, you think it was a mistake, or a necessary move to leave WVU? I know it's UK but they didn't win the title either and the only thing WVU was missing was a center who could rebound, put backs, etc. They had him and lost in the 1st round I think it was. I ask considering the freshman year he had at WVU doing the same things he did at UK.
Picking Kentucky basketball and everything that goes along with it is always the right move over the college located in Morgantown, WV.

Reactions: joeydavid
Something went south there and Kentucky was ready and willing to pick up Oscar and take his game to another level w a little jumper that’s become quite reliable. My boy sent a kid there as a stretch 4 w a lot of offers and the WVU staff tried to turn him into a banging 5 and it ruined his confidence and his career.

Its pretty foolish now for NBA and NFL 2nd rounders to leave early. Can get plenty rich playing college sports. I'll say it again: Hugley is going to get a huge deal next Spring
You said that for this spring too. And you were wrong. Doubling down because Capel will likely be fired then claiming you were right all along is a classic SMF play.

You said that for this spring too. And you were wrong. Doubling down because Capel will likely be fired then claiming you were right all along is a classic SMF play.
I said he would be offered 100K. Can you prove he wasn't? He's obviously worth much more than that. Zay Flowers turned down 600K due to loyalty.

I said he would be offered 100K. Can you prove he wasn't? He's obviously worth much more than that. Zay Flowers turned down 600K due to loyalty.
Yes. I can prove it. Here’s how:
1) he’s not worth nearly that much.
2) he’s still at Pitt
3) he wasn’t offered it

Comparing football values of a possible top 2 round pick to basketball values of a top 5ish ACC center is apt though.

2) he’s still at Pitt
3) he wasn’t offered it

Comparing football values of a possible top 2 round pick to basketball values of a top 5ish ACC center is apt though.

As an aside, care to re-do the math on Oscar since the NBA obviously wasn't a option?

🤔 Seems like he good pretty good advice to cash in on the only opportunity he had.
He absolutely did not. He can get minutes in the NBA next year and lost a year off the back end of his biggest contracts.

If he was a complete bust in the NBA, he’d be bismack Byombo, another 6’8 Congolese center. Byombo has made 86 million dollars. He got some of the worst advice anyone’s ever given out.

He absolutely did not. He can get minutes in the NBA next year and lost a year off the back end of his biggest contracts.

If he was a complete bust in the NBA, he’d be bismack Byombo, another 6’8 Congolese center. Byombo has made 86 million dollars. He got some of the worst advice anyone’s ever given out.

So your contention is the NBA GMs haven't learned from a drafting 6'8" C who by all accounts was paid way to much to be way too ineffective in the NBA?

Unless the GMs are asleep at the wheel, I think your example is probably a good reason why the NBA isn't interested in Oscar.

So your contention is the NBA GMs haven't learned from a drafting 6'8" C who by all accounts was paid way to much to be way too ineffective in the NBA?

Unless the GMs are asleep at the wheel, I think your example is probably a good reason why the NBA isn't interested in Oscar.
I’m not gonna do this all day. Anyone who doesn’t think Oscar Tshibwie is gonna be a great NBA player should stop watching hoops. Scouts get shit wrong all the time. Look at what he can do, not what he can’t do. What he can do is affect shots on the defensive end, give maximum effort and rebound the hell out of the ball over bigger players. Then he can catch and dunk. He’s gonna be a great P&R player in the NBA and honestly shows a lot about the knowledge of anyone who says otherwise. And I’m done commenting on him.

Reactions: PittEng09

I think his point is that he is going to get drafted, whether the 2nd round or wherever and be a useable player in the nba. The point is he is giving up a year on the back end of his contract definitely worth more than whatever he is making this year in NIL, and that does not make financial sense.

I’m not gonna do this all day. Anyone who doesn’t think Oscar Tshibwie is gonna be a great NBA player should stop watching hoops. Scouts get shit wrong all the time. Look at what he can do, not what he can’t do. What he can do is affect shots on the defensive end, give maximum effort and rebound the hell out of the ball over bigger players. Then he can catch and dunk. He’s gonna be a great P&R player in the NBA and honestly shows a lot about the knowledge of anyone who says otherwise. And I’m done commenting on him.
Lol. You are just ignoring reality to avoid accepting your opinion differs from everyone in the NBA... you know the guys who would need to tell him that he's draftable at this point. If they thought he was draftable - he should have gone after his freshman year.

Reactions: Ronnyp91
Maybe he’s just having a great time at Kentucky and the NBA will always be there next yr !

2) he’s still at Pitt
3) he wasn’t offered it

1. How much is he worth? Why wont you answer that

2. He is loyal to Capel like Zay Flowers is loyal to BC. Its not about money for some guys. I am told this about coaches all the time like Joe Lombardi. Some guys don't like money.

3. You have no clue what he was or wasnt offered.

Back to 1, he's going to get 500K next Spring, and you think he's only worth like 10K one year earlier, yea right. You're being ridiculous. He would have gotten a minimum of 100K and probably a lot more with the money being thrown around. The Sun Belt dude got 400K from Miami. He might have averaged 24 and 15 in the SB.

1. How much is he worth? Why wont you answer that

2. He is loyal to Capel like Zay Flowers is loyal to BC. Its not about money for some guys. I am told this about coaches all the time like Joe Lombardi. Some guys don't like money.

3. You have no clue what he was or wasnt offered.

Back to 1, he's going to get 500K next Spring, and you think he's only worth like 10K one year earlier, yea right. You're being ridiculous. He would have gotten a minimum of 100K and probably a lot more with the money being thrown around. The Sun Belt dude got 400K from Miami. He might have averaged 24 and 15 in the SB.
And your proof he had one of those offers? Of course, like every other post, you have none. He was offered nothing by any school. It’s why he’s still at Pitt.

Nigel Pack was the one who got 400k. He played at Kansas State. Bigs aren’t that valuable in college hoops.

Your notion that he was offered money and turned it down to return to Pitt for free is one of the dumbest things you’ve ever said, which is saying something.

The football and hoops market aren’t remotely comparable and the market will correct next year when guys like Jordan Addison don’t deliver championships for their teams and the collectives are ultimately reigned in. You’ll be wrong, again, like you were this spring about Hugley.

And your proof he had one of those offers? Of course, like every other post, you have none. He was offered nothing by any school. It’s why he’s still at Pitt.

Nigel Pack was the one who got 400k. He played at Kansas State. Bigs aren’t that valuable in college hoops.

Your notion that he was offered money and turned it down to return to Pitt for free is one of the dumbest things you’ve ever said, which is saying something.

The football and hoops market aren’t remotely comparable and the market will correct next year when guys like Jordan Addison don’t deliver championships for their teams and the collectives are ultimately reigned in. You’ll be wrong, again, like you were this spring about Hugley.
How much could John Hugley got on the open market? You really think it was $0? $5000? The guy was HM All-ACC and one of the best bigs in the nation. And you don't think he's worth anything? He's getting 500K next Spring but I know why you wont answer.

How much could John Hugley got on the open market? You really think it was $0? $5000? The guy was HM All-ACC and one of the best bigs in the nation. And you don't think he's worth anything? He's getting 500K next Spring but I know why you wont answer.
He absolutely was not “one of the best bigs in the nation” and if he was, he would’ve gotten those illegal offers and we would’ve heard about it. Those things aren’t quiet? How are you this dense? He was offered nothing. You were dead wrong and you’ve referenced incorrect deals for the wrong players in your defense of you being wrong. Commenting on how much someone may or may not get 11 months from now is insanely stupid. If he’s as good as you think, he’ll turn pro. If he’s not, he’ll get the measly 10-15k he gets at Pitt.

Being so hilariously wrong on Hugley’s worth as you were, incorrectly citing who got what deal from what school, then trying to divert attention into an argument 11 months in the future is PEAK SMF delusion. And I’m unfollowing this thread because it’s stupid to discuss it further.

He absolutely was not “one of the best bigs in the nation” and if he was, he would’ve gotten those illegal offers and we would’ve heard about it. Those things aren’t quiet? How are you this dense? He was offered nothing. You were dead wrong and you’ve referenced incorrect deals for the wrong players in your defense of you being wrong. Commenting on how much someone may or may not get 11 months from now is insanely stupid. If he’s as good as you think, he’ll turn pro. If he’s not, he’ll get the measly 10-15k he gets at Pitt.

Being so hilariously wrong on Hugley’s worth as you were, incorrectly citing who got what deal from what school, then trying to divert attention into an argument 11 months in the future is PEAK SMF delusion. And I’m unfollowing this thread because it’s stupid to discuss it further.
OK, so you think his free agent value is 10K-15K?

If Hugley was on the open market he’d have been highly sought after and his value to Pitt and its coach is certainly not zero . Therefore his value certainly isn’t zero !

He had ZERO value, he stayed at Pitt. Stop it.

it was like your 9th gigantic miss in a week. Stop trying to spin it into a different argument.
OK, so if Hugley went in the portal, you think he would have gotten $0 in NIL money? Your take on Hugley is one of the worst ever on this board. The kid is clearly an elite P6 big. At worst, at very worst, he's an above average P6 level big. You make him out to be an average A10 starter. Hugley would have gotten 6 figures, EASILY on the open market. And will get 500K next spring, probably at Miami. And it will be another loss for you.

OK, so if Hugley went in the portal, you think he would have gotten $0 in NIL money? Your take on Hugley is one of the worst ever on this board. The kid is clearly an elite P6 big. At worst, at very worst, he's an above average P6 level big. You make him out to be an average A10 starter. Hugley would have gotten 6 figures, EASILY on the open market. And will get 500K next spring, probably at Miami. And it will be another loss for you.

Is his take any worse than the guy's take who said that Hugley would be playing somewhere like Auburn next season for at least six figures?

Is his take any worse than the guy's take who said that Hugley would be playing somewhere like Auburn next season for at least six figures?
I said he would be offered that. I didn't say he would take it. I always said he was loyal to Capel and probably would come back. The idea that he would he worth $0 on the open market is ridiculous. He made Bacot look like a JV dude.

I said he would be offered that. I didn't say he would take it. I always said he was loyal to Capel and probably would come back. The idea that he would he worth $0 on the open market is ridiculous. He made Bacot look like a JV dude.
Lol he’s making nothing at Pitt but was offered 500k or 100k or whatever you’re trying to convince yourself and came back for “loyalty”. He’s not a guy you build a team around. You keep trying to say “prove to me he wasn’t offered it” without proving he was offered it. Here’s the proof he wasnt: he’s still at Pitt. Mic dropped; you lost.

Lol he’s making nothing at Pitt but was offered 500k or 100k or whatever you’re trying to convince yourself and came back for “loyalty”. He’s not a guy you build a team around. You keep trying to say “prove to me he wasn’t offered it” without proving he was offered it. Here’s the proof he wasnt: he’s still at Pitt. Mic dropped; you lost.
Not about money for some guys:

Zay Flowers
Joe Lombardi
But not John Hugley?

Zay flowers is still getting paid
Joe Lombardi is one of the highest paid employees in the state colleges of PA union.
John Hugley makes money off t shirts.

Big miss
I am told all the time on this board that some people don't care about money. Joe Lombardi is used as an example. We have Zay Flowers whose NIL deal consists of driving a rental BMW and maybe making 25K passing up 600. Hugley could have easily made 6 figures but he is loyal to Capel. The Summit POY got 400K and you dont think Hugley could even get 5K as an HM All-ACC and one of the best returning bigs in the nation. Your takes on Hugley are some of the worst ever on this board. The kid is clearly an excellent college big.

ADVERTISEMENT