ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 10 Cent Beer Night at the Ball Park...

Wish I had been there
I actually went to the second 10 cent Beer Night that the Indians had that season.

Except for the second one, the Indians limited the number of 10 cent beers you could buy via a set amount of redeemable 10 cent coupons you were given upon entry. I can't remember if it was 3 coupons or 4.

I remember that! For ball park beer, that’s a helluva deal!
So back in 1971-72, I was living on Semple St in an apartment with 3 other guys. We would go right up the street to a local dive bar: Sam & Bernies. Lots of local characters along with some Pitt guys drank there. Quart and a half pitchers were 85 cents. 😏 So we could essentially drink pitchers like they were drafts. Lots and lots of good times. And no driving required!

Reactions: HOF Coach
So back in 1971-72, I was living on Semple St in an apartment with 3 other guys. We would go right up the street to a local dive bar: Sam & Bernies. Lots of local characters along with some Pitt guys drank there. Quart and a half pitchers were 85 cents. 😏 So we could essentially drink pitchers like they were drafts. Lots and lots of good times. And no driving required!
My friends and I were home from college on Summer Break in 1974. Most of us were 20 years old. One of my friends went to John Carroll in Cleveland and was on their basketball team. He convinced us to pile into his car and go to the second 10 cent beer night. We had a blast!

At the ethnic clubs back then, pitchers of beer were 65 cents!

What was even better was that when my friends and I would hit those clubs, there were adults (including relatives) drinking there who knew us from watching us play high school sports. We seldom had to pay to drink! 👍

Jeff Burroughs was surrounded by drunk fans in the outfield and the bullpen had to come and save him. Cheap beer is no way to run a baseball game

The Pirates should do this.
They already are later this month. Just a reminder, fans, comin' up is our die-hard night here at the stadium. Free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won a pennant or still gives a you know what.

Reactions: USN_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT