ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2 HBO documentaries: Telemarketers and Bishop Sycamore

I watched the BS High show. WTF was that guy doing it for? I didn't see where he was profiting at all from it? And he screwed some of those kids out of a year of their lives, especially the kid who could of went to Grambling.

I watched the BS High show. WTF was that guy doing it for? I didn't see where he was profiting at all from it? And he screwed some of those kids out of a year of their lives, especially the kid who could of went to Grambling.

He made the kids apply for Covid PPP loans but it doesnt say they were approved. I am guessing they werent or he'd be in jail. I think he was doing it for 2 reasons:

1. Because he wanted to challenge himself to see how far he could take it

2. Sort of like #1, he wanted to grow it into an IMG and become rich.

He made the kids apply for Covid PPP loans but it doesnt say they were approved. I am guessing they werent or he'd be in jail. I think he was doing it for 2 reasons:

It was a long shot to become IMG, but when the church was really planning to open the school and let him run football, there was a slight chance of some success, but as soon as the church bailed on the school it was hopeless, it was insane that he went ahead and recruited a football team and supported it by maxing out credit cards and shoplifting food without any school, that's when it was nuts, a no win situation, now 30 lawsuits for all the money he owes everywhere. He's also delusional boasting that Bishop Sycamore will be back:)

It was a long shot to become IMG, but when the church was really planning to open the school and let him run football, there was a slight chance of some success, but as soon as the church bailed on the school it was hopeless, it was insane that he went ahead and recruited a football team and supported it by maxing out credit cards and shoplifting food without any school, that's when it was nuts, a no win situation, now 30 lawsuits for all the money he owes everywhere. He's also delusional boasting that Bishop Sycamore will be back:)

He's going to get a 7 figure Netflix deal. Has to. Inventing Anna was a smashing success. This is the same thing but with football. So in the end, it will pay off for him.

He's going to get a 7 figure Netflix deal. Has to. Inventing Anna was a smashing success. This is the same thing but with football. So in the end, it will pay off for him.
It's really possible to adapt this into a miniseries.

It's really possible to adapt this into a miniseries.

It will be. 2 or 3 seasons. Big payday coming. What he was able to pull off and how Hollywood can embellish some of it will be so entertaining for the average viewer.

he sounds like a real classy and upstanding guy.. thug life pays well apparently. good for him, couldnt have happened to a nicer guy.

he sounds like a real classy and upstanding guy.. thug life pays well apparently. good for him, couldnt have happened to a nicer guy.

I don't understand the thug comment. Take the racist connotation out of it, he is basically the opposite of what that usually means. He is a "businessman," a "sole proprietor," but also a con-man. He is a white collar criminal but not over some large organization. I would call a Mafia boss a thug or some shady CEO doing some illegal things. But not an individual con-man. Not sure what the right word is but thug doesnt fit.

I don't understand the thug comment. Take the racist connotation out of it, he is basically the opposite of what that usually means. He is a "businessman," a "sole proprietor," but also a con-man. He is a white collar criminal but not over some large organization. I would call a Mafia boss a thug or some shady CEO doing some illegal things. But not an individual con-man. Not sure what the right word is but thug doesnt fit.
he was definitely thuggish, a total A-hole, he had his team beat up some homeless dude, and the team was pissed he was beating up his girlfriend and he bragged about it, YES THUG fits, F him. He's black and I proudly call him a THUG.

• Haha
Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I felt very bad for that kid, he was actually going to live out his dream. On the surface, it's seems like Grambling was punishing a victim of a scam. If so, shame on them.

Last edited:
I felt very bad for that kid, he was actually going to lie out his dream. On the surface, it's seems like Grambling was punishing a victim of a scam. If so, shame on them.

He threw for 242 yards Sunday for East Los Angeles College (JUCO). The D1 dream may still be possible.

Reactions: mlvnsmly
Try to be PC all you want, but that guy was not a ''business man" he was a bad person, screwing over businesses, stealing, lying, beating his girlfriend, using a whole football team of kids and then he blames everyone but himself.

Reactions: mlvnsmly

There are all sorts of shenanigans out there right now with HS football. Ohio is one of the areas leading the way.

Have yinz heard about the prep super league that is forming?

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports...ayers/95-b1d36939-b72f-4cd0-9bf0-cf6fd064b441

Take a look at this

The "Howard Huskies Preparatory Post-Graduate Academy Organization". They aren't even a school and they don't require their players to even go to school.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports...ayers/95-b1d36939-b72f-4cd0-9bf0-cf6fd064b441

And 7 on 7's are growing in popularity, and sliminess, every year.

I sometimes do it because I keep hoping it is a live person scam artist trying to get me to give the my direct tv password or allow them to hack into my computer. I like to F with them. Sometimes they get so angry when they realize what I'm doing that they curse me out. :)
I enjoy messing with the Indian accent scammers that claim to be Microsoft Tech Support. I say I'm glad you called I have been having so much trouble with my computer and they transfer me to a supervisor because they think I'll give them everything they want. Then set the phone down for a while, come back and go through a sorry I have another caller I have to switch over. Do that for about an hour. I had them say F U and hang up on me.

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79 and OH Pete
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT