ADVERTISEMENT

OT :a positive from yesterday in Beer League hockey

USN_Panther

Assistant Coach
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2001
It was tough getting focused to play a Beer League hockey playoff game after watching that Pitt display of ineptitude. But when the lights are bright and the pressure is on is when the best players shine the brightest.
We beat the 1 seed who was on an 11 game win streak. 3-1, and I'm the goalie. 25 shots against. It was good to have something else to put that Pitt performance out of mind for a while.
Thank God we have a volunteer coach and not Pat Narduzzi. That dumbass wouldn't want us scoring any goals.
I don't have to concern myself with Pitt this week as we play in the final that day.

Would you be kind enough to post a link to the Beer League Hockey page? I'll consider it my safety forum.
There is actually a stats page, but you have to be a registered member. I can't even get into because I'm registered to a different club as I play in 2 leagues in two different towns.
Individual stats don't interest me that much, just what's on the scoreboard. Short memory is required for a goalie.
You are what your record says you are. The Rams in Beer League step up when it matters. We don't blow leads or blame the refs if we lose. Our coach keeps his composure on the bench. He isn't snarky with the media. Of course there is no media, but still it is good.

You have a coach for beer league?
Yes. All teams have someone to manage the bench and to name player of the game. Nobody wants to be player of the game because that guy has to bring the beer the following week.
We're a pretty well organised Beer League. We have a cup that gets engraved with player names, and quite a few sponsors. We even have a big three screen video scoreboard. We're pretty good at fundraising.

Yes. All teams have someone to manage the bench and to name player of the game. Nobody wants to be player of the game because that guy has to bring the beer the following week.
We're a pretty well organised Beer League. We have a cup that gets engraved with player names, and quite a few sponsors. We even have a big three screen video scoreboard. We're pretty good at fundraising.
Is his favorite quote “I have to watch the tape”?

Is his favorite quote “I have to watch the tape”?
He actually makes in-game adjustments. Period break is only one minute, and he still breaks out the whiteboard to go over a thing or two.
The other team called a timeout with about 5 minutes left in the game when they cut the lead to 2-1. Coach told us to not stop playing both ends. He said play safe, but if the opportunity for scoring is there to take it. About a minute later it was 3-1.
Our coach is coaching while he rehabs a torn ACL. He wants to play desperately.
Thankfully no tape to review. I would end up suspended for the crotch shots I take at people parking in front of the net.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT