ADVERTISEMENT

OT: any new series worth watching?

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
just finished Knightfall on Netflix, which was a historical/fictional series about the last days of the Templar Knights, King Phillip (France), the Pope, etc.

I wouldn’t call it great, but it was pretty good and worth watching for those interested in Medieval/historical/epic violent type storytelling not all that different than Game of Thrones.

So what’s next? It was only 18 episodes long and I’m ready for something new. Any thoughts?

Fk, I’m struggling for a new series bad. Glad you asked. I started “you” on Netflix. It’s ok but nothing great.

I actuelly have been trying to get my kids to watch “dark crystal” with me but they won’t. It’s a jim Henson muppet remake from 80s. For kids but creepy as hell. To scary for kids but too childish for adults. Perfect for me I guess.

Fk, I’m struggling for a new series bad. Glad you asked. I started “you” on Netflix. It’s ok but nothing great.

I actuelly have been trying to get my kids to watch “dark crystal” with me but they won’t. It’s a jim Henson muppet remake from 80s. For kids but creepy as hell. To scary for kids but too childish for adults. Perfect for me I guess.
The new Picard show comes out soon on the 23rd and everything else is kinda lost on me. They cancel all the good shows ( The Gifted, Dark Matter ) and the other shows are too agenda driven

Ozark - just finished watching season 2 is a must watch as well as Queen of the South. Both really good.

Reactions: FayettePittDad
Watchmen was amazing but it helps if you have some background from the comic.

Ozark - just finished watching season 2 is a must watch as well as Queen of the South. Both really good.
I keep hearing about Ozark. That’s a possibility. And I’ll research Queen if the South. I never heard of it. Thanks for the response.

Reactions: 303vND
Ozark is good, but seems like a hell of a long wait for season 3.
Yeah you beat me to it, was going to post the same. It’s been a while since season 2 came out so it’s about time for 3. It!s worth watching.

I always liked Sneaky Pete, finally got around to watching the 3rd season that had been out for a while.

Similarly finished the 3rd season of Billy Bob Thornton’s Goliath a little while back. Those have gotten progressively worse, first season was the best.

Another old one that my son has always raved about but I haven’t watched yet, Peaky Blinders.

And someone above already mentioned YOU. I started watching it only because my wife and two daughter-in-laws were into it. For me, same as the above poster said, nothing special.

Fk, you are the guy that turned me on to Stranger Things, right?
Btw, if you haven’t done Cobra Kai yet, you need to. I know you like the whole 80’s nostalgic thing...and Johnny Lawrence is great. I’m hoping for a Liz Shue appearance at some point. That day is coming.

Reactions: Mikefln

“You” was awesome. My wife and I were hooked. Pretty Little Lies was pretty awesome too.

Try “The Night Of”. It’s about a seemingly innocent Pakistani-American kid from a good family whose life spirals because of one bad decision. Really good and well-acted.

Ozark is good, but seems like a hell of a long wait for season 3.
My favorite show and I watched whole season on July when it came out.

that’s the good and bad with Netflix. They release whole season at once. It’s cool at the time but you watch the whole season on day one and you have to wait 355 days til next season.

I got into peaky blinders but lost interest. There was also a show with that Jason momoa guy that started off great but went to hell quickly. About fur trade in Canada back in 18th century.

My favorite show and I watched whole season on July when it came out.

that’s the good and bad with Netflix. They release whole season at once. It’s cool at the time but you watch the whole season on day one and you have to wait 355 days til next season.

Seems like a shorter wait than Better Call Saul. I swear they put out a new season every two years. My interest drops to nil and then the season is over by the time in hooked again.

Reactions: #99HUGHgreen
I've never been a fan of martial arts movies, but I'm watching "Into the Badlands" it's really good, the fight scenes are really "fantastical" and stupid, but the story line and characters are pretty good, I'm halfway through season 3.

just finished Knightfall on Netflix, which was a historical/fictional series about the last days of the Templar Knights, King Phillip (France), the Pope, etc.

I wouldn’t call it great, but it was pretty good and worth watching for those interested in Medieval/historical/epic violent type storytelling not all that different than Game of Thrones.

So what’s next? It was only 18 episodes long and I’m ready for something new. Any thoughts?
Check out Maradona in Mexico. I really liked it. One Netflix season on Maradona trying to coach a 2nd division Mexican Club team. I actually really liked it, although the dialogue is a little getting used to.
My wife and I are watching “You.” not too bad, definitely not on the level of mind hunters

We also watched Sinner season 1 which wasn’t too bad.

I watched the 1st season of Knightfall last year and thought it was ok. I started the 2nd season and watched 15 minutes and then thought I cant do this anymore. I dont know, I never liked it that much. I did finish Last Kingdom a few weeks ago. I thought that was pretty good and I'd recommend it. Its about 800s England before it was "England."

I'm really in need of a new show. I have a few that I have to save to watch with the wife so I need a solo show. It doesn't help that Im not paying extra right now for HBO and Showtime since I really just watch 1 show at a time. Eventually, I have to finish The Chi and Power. I also want to watch Watchmen.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Yeah you beat me to it, was going to post the same. It’s been a while since season 2 came out so it’s about time for 3. It!s worth watching.

I always liked Sneaky Pete, finally got around to watching the 3rd season that had been out for a while.

Similarly finished the 3rd season of Billy Bob Thornton’s Goliath a little while back. Those have gotten progressively worse, first season was the best.

Another old one that my son has always raved about but I haven’t watched yet, Peaky Blinders.

And someone above already mentioned YOU. I started watching it only because my wife and two daughter-in-laws were into it. For me, same as the above poster said, nothing special.
Loved Peaky Blinders. It's a couple years old, was an old A&E show dusted off and played on Netflix. The razor blade hat fight scene was pretty unique. I like period pieces, and Peaky Blinders has a great storyline, characters and actors portraying them.

I watched the 1st season of Knightfall last year and thought it was ok. I started the 2nd season and watched 15 minutes and then thought I cant do this anymore. I dont know, I never liked it that much. I did finish Last Kingdom a few weeks ago. I thought that was pretty good and I'd recommend it. Its about 800s England before it was "England."

I'm really in need of a new show. I have a few that I have to save to watch with the wife so I need a solo show. It doesn't help that Im not paying extra right now for HBO and Showtime since I really just watch 1 show at a time. Eventually, I have to finish The Chi and Power. I also want to watch Watchmen.
Thank you. Last Kingdom sounds like something I would like. I’ll definitely check it out.

As as far as Knightfall, I understand where you’re coming from. The 2nd season started slow and I almost gave up on it too. It got better and ended fairly strong. While I wouldn’t highly recommend it like I’ve done with other shows like GOT or Stranger Things, I’m glad I watched it and think many others would too.

This. I LOVED Watchmen, but I also have a pretty good understanding of the comics, which is important, since it’s kind of a sequel to the comics. My gf doesn’t know the comics, so she didn’t enjoy it as much as I did.

Watchmen was amazing but it helps if you have some background from the comic.

Reactions: ratking17
Mindhunter great shame it’ll be awhile till season 3
Ozark -great
YOU is great and really gets nuts ( same can be said for Ozark)
The documentary about the collar bomb robbery Evil Genius was crazy as hell too ... led me to read up a lot on the case.
Rewatching Making a Murderer... those two assholes are guilty as hell... I don’t care how dumb the 16 year old was or how many time Steven Avery says “ I Doan Knooow ... I just doan knooow how those bones got there” in his annoying Wisconsin accent... whole family is crap. Read up if you don’t agree

Ray Donovan, Succession and Billions all great shows worth watching if you have HBO and ShowTime. Chernobyl on Amazon Prime was a very intriguing small documentary series they had.

Aside from the Witcher, I also enjoyed His Dark Materials. I'm a big fan of the book series and was fairly pleased with the adaptation.

Probably most on here are way too mature (unlike me), but Trailer Park Boys has been on Netflix a few years and is easily one of my favorite shows ever.

Reactions: lostnite66

Peaky Blinders on Netflix. Also got great reviews.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Thank you. Last Kingdom sounds like something I would like. I’ll definitely check it out.

As as far as Knightfall, I understand where you’re coming from. The 2nd season started slow and I almost gave up on it too. It got better and ended fairly strong. While I wouldn’t highly recommend it like I’ve done with other shows like GOT or Stranger Things, I’m glad I watched it and think many others would too.

Maybe I'll give Knightfall another chance. Last Kingdom started off kind of boring for me. I almost gave it up. I started watching it right after GOT which was a mistake. Its like watching an MLS game after a World Cup game which Fox tends to do. But, really, its pretty good and though the main character and some of the plot is fiction, a lot of it is historically accurate. You can see how England came to be with the wars between the Danes and the Saxons.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT