ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ashoka

Three episodes in. So far it's ok. Not great. Not horrible. Jedi and Padawan. And the girl Padawan isn't automatically the bestest ever, like Rey somehow was from the get go. It's perfectly ok for female characters to have flaws. That's something that makes a character more interesting.

Man was that a boring show. It went absolutely nowhere. Maybe I need to watch 3 years worth of cartoons to feel any attachment to anyone but what a waste of time.

I watched maybe the first 3 episodes of Rebels but just didn't have time to finish it. So I had only the barest bones familiarity with some of these characters. And it was really, really though to try to get emotionally invested when I felt like I was coming in to the halfway mark of the story.

The problem with Disney pumping out endless content is that you don't always understand the stuff you really want to watch because you're missing important context. And most people simply don't have time to invest in double or triple digit hours of content as a prerequisite for other content.

I watched maybe the first 3 episodes of Rebels but just didn't have time to finish it. So I had only the barest bones familiarity with some of these characters. And it was really, really though to try to get emotionally invested when I felt like I was coming in to the halfway mark of the story.

The problem with Disney pumping out endless content is that you don't always understand the stuff you really want to watch because you're missing important context. And most people simply don't have time to invest in double or triple digit hours of content as a prerequisite for other content.
This has absolutely been my biggest complaint with SW and Marvel post-Endgame.

I don’t want to have to watch Wandavision to understand the Dr. Strange movie or read some mediocre Star Wars book for essential background on how Snoke corrupted Ben Solo.

Just the films please.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT