ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Avengers: Infinity War.....

pitt-girl

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2004
(Duplicate post on the football free board. Wasn't sure where the most traffic is lately.)

Wow - what a spectacle. Not unexpected given the breadth of characters that are involved.

It was a long movie - 2.5 hours +, but moved along swiftly. Our theater was packed and not a lot of shuffling around which can happen with these long movies. We really enjoyed it. For those that have been following along since 2008, they did a great job of seamlessly interweaving all the characters. Spontaneous applause in 3 different parts of the movie which always makes me chuckle. I won't give out any spoilers. Our grade: Solid B+.

One word of caution: I would think twice about taking any impressionable children. This movie is easily the most violent out of all of them and IMHO crosses a line, albeit that it still received a PG-13 rating. For us, no biggie, but there is a TON of human carnage.

I stumbled on this link a few days ago, and even though we have seen all the Marvel movies multiple times, it was nice to read a primer on the back stories to help remember the build up to Thanos.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/04/entertainment/marvel-infinitywar-timeline/

Anyone else see it yet? Thoughts?

(Duplicate post on the football free board. Wasn't sure where the most traffic is lately.)

Wow - what a spectacle. Not unexpected given the breadth of characters that are involved.

It was a long movie - 2.5 hours +, but moved along swiftly. Our theater was packed and not a lot of shuffling around which can happen with these long movies. We really enjoyed it. For those that have been following along since 2008, they did a great job of seamlessly interweaving all the characters. Spontaneous applause in 3 different parts of the movie which always makes me chuckle. I won't give out any spoilers. Our grade: Solid B+.

One word of caution: I would think twice about taking any impressionable children. This movie is easily the most violent out of all of them and IMHO crosses a line, albeit that it still received a PG-13 rating. For us, no biggie, but there is a TON of human carnage.

I stumbled on this link a few days ago, and even though we have seen all the Marvel movies multiple times, it was nice to read a primer on the back stories to help remember the build up to Thanos.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/04/entertainment/marvel-infinitywar-timeline/

Anyone else see it yet? Thoughts?
Just got back. Went with my son. You are spot on about the characters as I was wondering how they were going to intermingle all of them. Some very funny scenes and very serious scenes. Even the villain side of the plot is thought provoking in my opinion. Seems they are sucking everybody in for part 2. lol. Definitely worth seeing. I gave it an A.

Just got back. Went with my son. You are spot on about the characters as I was wondering how they were going to intermingle all of them. Some very funny scenes and very serious scenes. Even the villain side of the plot is thought provoking in my opinion. Seems they are sucking everybody in for part 2. lol. Definitely worth seeing. I gave it an A.
I do agree about the thought provoking plot re: Thanos.

I'm very curious how they will wrap this up in 2019 as many of the core actors (Downey Jr, Hemsworth, Evans, etc.) contracts will expire. I think they have a real dilemma - I don't think the Marvel franchise can rest on the shoulders of more obscure characters like Ant-Man, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, etc. I know in our theater most started clapping when Captain American/Chris Evans showed up. Unfortunately, Chris Evans is aging out - even IF they choose to recast, will the audience buy it? And Thor? My goodness - there truly is only ONE Chris Hemsworth in this world. ;)

(Also, I need time to digest and may bump up my rating to an A.)

Really good movie. The movies will suffer without the big 3. Looks like they are lining them up to die next movie.

I'm very curious how they will wrap this up in 2019 as many of the core actors (Downey Jr, Hemsworth, Evans, etc.) contracts will expire. I think they have a real dilemma - I don't think the Marvel franchise can rest on the shoulders of more obscure characters like Ant-Man, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, etc. I know in our theater most started clapping when Captain American/Chris Evans showed up. Unfortunately, Chris Evans is aging out - even IF they choose to recast, will the audience buy it? And Thor? My goodness - there truly is only ONE Chris Hemsworth in this world. ;)

How many James Bonds , Batman’s , Superman’s and Spider-Man’s have there been . A well done movie with a good script and actor works every time .
Plus there’s very few Sean Connerys who willingly walk away from these roles .

Hey! Captain Marvel isn't obscure! I think Brie Larson is super talented and she could easily fill one of the holes left by the soon-departing stars.

And the nice thing is that Marvel comics have a history of replacing characters and having new people play the part of Iron Man or Captain America.

I think Spiderman, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel could be enough to keep the momentum going.

Top box office opening in history. I went in not knowing anything about the plot / no spoilers / no reading up on it before hand. Boy was the ending something else....

Looking forward to part deaux...whatever they decided to call it.

Brilliant on all fronts. In some ways less violent than the comic book series that I read back in the day. Silvestri’s score was great. Looking forward to Captain Marvel’s arrival.

OK - after thinking about it, I'm raising our grade to an "A", if only for how well they moved from very laugh out loud moments to very poignant moments. That's not an easy thing to do.

Really an excellent film.

Reactions: RoguePanther
Hey! Captain Marvel isn't obscure! I think Brie Larson is super talented and she could easily fill one of the holes left by the soon-departing stars.

And the nice thing is that Marvel comics have a history of replacing characters and having new people play the part of Iron Man or Captain America.

I think Spiderman, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel could be enough to keep the momentum going.
Dont forget that the Xmen and Fantastic Four will soon join the MCU lineup
I said earlier that im more worried about the villains. Being able to utilize Dr Doom and Galactus from the F4 franchise is a big deal

Great movie! Gotta see it in 3D.

The scene with Thor and Star Lord was tremendous

Awesome movie. I remember when the first avengers came out and thought “how are they gonna balance all 6 of these characters?” Now they just successfully did it with like 40. Thanos’s plot and motive was surprisingly well set up and had depth. I think Cap sacrifices himself in the next one, Thor goes back and tries to rebuild Asgard and Tony remarries Pepper, has a kid and names him Steve Rogers Stark.

Reactions: RoguePanther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT