ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chagrined

TFBaum

Junior
Jan 22, 2020
My son who graduating this Saturday in CS from the College of Charleston just informed me that he is going to Army OCS. He wants to become a Green Beret. Does he have any respect for his father? Actually really proud of him!

Last edited:
Proud father moment. One of our sons wanted to be a Navy Seal and we had a Seal come to our home for a presentation. I was so proud of our son. He decided not to go that route but very cool moment.

Reactions: TFBaum
Proud father moment. One of our sons wanted to be a Navy Seal and we had a Seal come to our home for a presentation. I was so proud of our son. He decided not to go that route but very cool moment.
We are all proud of our children. Good for him to even think about it.

Gentlemen, please stop. It was a funny post. My son will go into harm's way, not any of us. Our opinions don't matter H2P from a former Naval Officer and lifelong Pitt fan! I posted this as a proud dad and lifelong Pennsylvanian.
Are you moving back to Pittsburgh?

My son who graduating this Saturday in CS from the College of Charleston just informed me that he is going to Army OCS. He wants to become a Green Beret. Does he have any respect for his father? Actually really proud of him!
Tell him to join Air Force Special Operations instead. You can only be assigned to Florida, England, or Japan (ok and rural New Mexico, unfortunately) and we stay in hotels on TDY instead of sleeping in the field.

JK, congrats! That would be very cool.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Tell him to join Air Force Special Operations instead. You can only be assigned to Florida, England, or Japan (ok and rural New Mexico, unfortunately) and we stay in hotels on TDY instead of sleeping in the field.

JK, congrats! That would be very cool.
Funny you mentioned that one of his good friends and two years older is recruiting him for Air Force Special Orperations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT