ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Copa America

Well.......I would guess the breakdown of soccer fans are 70 blue/20 purple/10 red.
The federation puts a lot of focus into June. But of that 70 blue, how many of them give two flips about what the federation does in June during pride month? The federation could put absolutely no effort at all into it, and only a few loud mouths on tik tok would be outraged about it.

I actually have been stewing over Tyler Adams over the past few days. I love the kid but he loafed in the World Cup loss and he loafed and cost us vs Panama. I am surprised as hell that someone aggregated these two goals against because I’ve been thinking about them for a week now. Not sure what Berhalter can do when his player who is arguably closest to being a world class player can’t be depended on.

This is by no means anything except this guys opinion on choices. Nancy is kind of intriguing however no International experience.

LOL. Canada goes onto the semi's. I'm sure the Federation doesn't even think much of this. Just "bad" luck. Derp will continue forward.

BJ Callahan or Dave Sarachan beat or at a minimum tie Panama with only 10 men.

I was at the game in San Diego last year when Dave Sarachan coached the US B team to a draw against the Panama A team but were eliminated in penalties.

BTW, does Copa America try purposely to suck. Why would they go straight to penalties? That's so stupid.

According to Fox Soccer an announcement to DERP’s future is to come sometime middle of next week.

If they honestly bring this moron back, I won’t be watching or caring or supporting. In fact, I’ll be actively rooting against.
That's pretty sad, so you're not really a fan of USAMNT soccer.

I was at the game in San Diego last year when Dave Sarachan coached the US B team to a draw against the Panama A team but were eliminated in penalties.

BTW, does Copa America try purposely to suck. Why would they go straight to penalties? That's so stupid.

I get that people want the game decided in normal play but the quality of play is often pretty bad in extra time. If the teams are just going to be exhausted and kick the ball around for 30 minutes, just go to PKs.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
One thing that gets annoying is the English analysts on the pregame show who constantly call the Copa America the Copper America.

They are actually talking about doing away with extra time in the Euros, because way too often extra time is just like in this England - Switzerland game, where the two teams are spending most of the 30 minutes wasting time so they can get to penalties.

Reactions: brdst11
Well now that they know they would have to face the wrath of SMF, I'm sure there's no way they'll do it.

And then everyone can sit there and suffer through a half hour of nothingness, like those of us watching the game this afternoon did.

The 2018 Euro Final and 2016 World Cup Final had winners in extra time. That's ten trillion times better than lining them up and decided it by a coin flip.

It looks like someone forgot to tell the Panamanians that they had a game today.

They forgot to tell me. Watched every second of the 2 Euro games and never once did they mention it. Usually you get an in-game promo. Maybe at halftime they did. I was thinking they'd be Saturday night and Sunday night not Saturday afternoon and Saturday night but Copa gonna Copa.

Just how bad was the Panama loss? I didnt realize they had World Cup qualifiers the week before Copa America. They beat Guyana 2-0. Guyana doesn't plays in CONCACAF despite being in South America (USA in UEFA hint hint). They then were tied with a small island called Montserrat 1-1 until they scored in the 62nd minute and ended up winning 3-1.

Unforgiveable to concede twice when playing an uber-defensive game, just needing a draw.

Uruguay beats Brazil in PKs. They're like 1/50 the size of Brazil. An amazing soccer country. Them vs Columbia will be good as will the winner vs Argentina should they beat Canada

Uruguay beats Brazil in PKs. They're like 1/50 the size of Brazil. An amazing soccer country. Them vs Columbia will be good as will the winner vs Argentina should they beat Canada

I think Colombia is the best team. Argentina hasnt looked good. Brazil is horrendous. Argentina will beat Canada but like 1-0.

Ok here’s my dream. Canada beats Uruguay in the final and Jesse rubs US Soccers nose in it.

Edit: oh…and all of those aholes noses at Leeds too who didn’t want a Yank replacing Bielsa. That would be glorious.

I think Colombia is the best team. Argentina hasnt looked good. Brazil is horrendous. Argentina will beat Canada but like 1-0.
Argentina hadn't looked great, Messi hasn't scored but they've only given up one goal, and under Scaloni they seem to find a way to win.

Just how bad was the Panama loss? I didnt realize they had World Cup qualifiers the week before Copa America. They beat Guyana 2-0. Guyana doesn't plays in CONCACAF despite being in South America (USA in UEFA hint hint). They then were tied with a small island called Montserrat 1-1 until they scored in the 62nd minute and ended up winning 3-1.

It should be pointed out that Panama sent their B team to play those qualifiers (probably because they understood the level of competition) and their A team to the Copa. For example, they had five different players score those goals in the qualifiers. None of the five were on the roster for the Copa.

It should be pointed out that Panama sent their B team to play those qualifiers (probably because they understood the level of competition) and their A team to the Copa. For example, they had five different players score those goals in the qualifiers. None of the five were on the roster for the Copa.

Not entirely true. I didnt go through the whole roster but they absolutely brought a lot of 1st team players who went to Copa.

Not entirely true. I didnt go through the whole roster but they absolutely brought a lot of 1st team players who went to Copa.

So four players who started the game on Saturday started the game you linked to. You know why that is?

Because they sent a B team to the qualifiers and their A team played in Copa.

So four players who started the game on Saturday started the game you linked to. You know why that is?

Because they sent a B team to the qualifiers and their A team played in Copa.

Dude, there's like 18 players who were on the qualifiers roster and also the Copa roster. They clearly brought their A team to the qualifiers. Check the rosters.

I mean this is basic common sense for 2 reasons:

1. Each team scheduled a few friendlies so these served as Panama's warm-up games for Copa if nothing else.

2. Panama cannot send a B team and be guaranteed to beat anybody. These are World Cup qualifiers. They arent going to take any chances sending a B team and keeping their A team at home.

Alexi Lalas said Doug McIntyre reported that the USSF would not have to increase Emma Hayes's salary if they hired a more expensive USMNT coach. And that does make sense because as dumb as USSF is, they couldn't be dumb enough to handicap themselves like that.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Alexi Lalas said Doug McIntyre reported that the USSF would not have to increase Emma Hayes's salary if they hired a more expensive USMNT coach. And that does make sense because as dumb as USSF is, they couldn't be dumb enough to handicap themselves like that.

It's as if someone pointed that out to you a week ago, but it wasn't what you wanted to hear so you ignored it.

But now that Alexi Lalas says so, it must be true. 😂

The notion that US Soccer would somehow be required to pay both coaches the exact same amount doesn't pass the smell test. There certainly is no law that would require it. So why, how, could it ever possibly be true?

The fact that someone made something like that up and that so many people bought into it hook, line and sinker without putting even an ounce of thought into it to see why it was so absurd is a perfect microcosm for where much of this country is today. If the right person tells them something they believe it, no matter how divorced from the facts it is.

It's as if someone pointed that out to you a week ago, but it wasn't what you wanted to hear so you ignored it.

But now that Alexi Lalas says so, it must be true. 😂

The notion that US Soccer would somehow be required to pay both coaches the exact same amount doesn't pass the smell test. There certainly is no law that would require it. So why, how, could it ever possibly be true?

The fact that someone made something like that up and that so many people bought into it hook, line and sinker without putting even an ounce of thought into it to see why it was so absurd is a perfect microcosm for where much of this country is today. If the right person tells them something they believe it, no matter how divorced from the facts it is.

Well you had Fox and/or ESPN analysts discussing it as if it were true so they had me believing. Of course I should never believe Fox fake news.

• Haha
Reactions: jctrack
Well you had Fox and/or ESPN analysts discussing it as if it were true so they had me believing. Of course I should never believe Fox fake news.
Actually if you would have over the years you’d have saved yourself plenty of embarrassment here.

Messi gets his first of the tournament on Argentina's Independence Day. 2 0 with 30 to go.

Colombia might literally have the world's best traveling fanbase and no one talks about it. They have packed stadiums all over the US and have contributed to Sunday's Copa America ticket being more expensive on the secondary market than the Euro 2024 final. Right now, the cheapest ticket after fees to get into the Euro final is $1570. The cheapest Copa ticket is $1970. This is incredible considering English fans are notoriously fanatical and are within rail distance or driving after the chunnel. And of course, Spain is right there on the continent.

Colombia might literally have the world's best traveling fanbase and no one talks about it. They have packed stadiums all over the US and have contributed to Sunday's Copa America ticket being more expensive on the secondary market than the Euro 2024 final. Right now, the cheapest ticket after fees to get into the Euro final is $1570. The cheapest Copa ticket is $1970. This is incredible considering English fans are notoriously fanatical and are within rail distance or driving after the chunnel. And of course, Spain is right there on the continent.
On one of the other boards I told some football Meathead that last nights game at Bank of America had more attendance, passion and excitement than anything in that stadiums history. While I don’t know that to be true, I can’t think of anything that comes even close. And I’m a Pitt fan who saw an ACC championship there.

Although I also saw an MLS game there a month ago and it was the most boring sporting event I’ve ever been to…other than a typical MLB game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT