ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Movie Characters.

Anyone feeling Dirty Harry character? Eastwood really played that well with the tough guy image he had.

Sean Penn as Jeff Spicoli
John Belushi as John "Bluto" Blutarsky
Steve Buscemi as Carl Showalter (Fargo)
Parker Posey as Darla Marks in Dazed and Confused
Excellent stuff here!

Dazed and Confused, has to be on my top 10 favorite movies, at least comedy. Another movie incredibly well cast. Matthew McGaunahey was great as Wooderson. Ben Affleck was great as O'Bannion, who did grow up to be Trump's adviser with the same asshole intensity (just kidding), Pink Floyd, Doug Dawson, oh man and then Adam Goldberg as the stereotypical whiny nerd and Nicky Katt as the greaser, tough guy, "I came here to drink beer and kick ass. Looks like I am all out of beer."

Reactions: OH Pete
Excellent stuff here!

Dazed and Confused, has to be on my top 10 favorite movies, at least comedy. Another movie incredibly well cast. Matthew McGaunahey was great as Wooderson. Ben Affleck was great as O'Bannion, who did grow up to be Trump's adviser with the same asshole intensity (just kidding), Pink Floyd, Doug Dawson, oh man and then Adam Goldberg as the stereotypical whiny nerd and Nicky Katt as the greaser, tough guy, "I came here to drink beer and kick ass. Looks like I am all out of beer."

I can watch this movie, any scene, any time.

Saving Private Ryan had some heavy hitters who all played excellent roles. Hanks character especially and hanks killed it.

A locally shot movie that for some reason never got much publicity Out of the Furnace had an A+ cast and some great characters.

One of the best actors now Woody Harrelson was fantastic as the uber evil Harlan DeGroat Hillbilly Drug dealer.
You had Christian Bale, Willem Dafoe, Casey Affleck, Sam Shepard and Forest Whitaker in it. Really strong cast.
That movie was released during the Christmas season and it definitely was'nt Xmas fare. It quickly disappeared not to be heard from again. I thought it would do better than it did. Bad timing on the release though.

There are just too many to pick one, just a few off the top of my head.

Gene Wilder - Willy Wonka
Heath Ledger - Joker
Keanu Reeves - Neo
Sam Rockwell - Sam (Moon)
Harrison Ford - Indiana Jones (I can't even imagine if it went to Tom Selleck)
Christoper Lloyd & Michael J Fox - Doc Brown & Marty
Robert Downey Jr - Ironman
Danny Glover - Murtaugh
Anthony Hopskins - Hannibal
The 1984 Ghostbusters
Why did they ever try to remake Willy Wanka. I hate when they remake classics. Gene Wilder was so perfect. He is so good in everything he does.

Norton is another guy pretty much good in everything. He was great as the murderer Aaron Stampler in Primal Fear.
Yes he was. He probably did his best acting in those two movies and in Fight Club.

He’a had his share of performances that didn’t work for me ( the Incredible Hulk, Red Dragon, Frida, plus several others), but that’s typically for most good actors.

Ok, no critically-acclaimed memorable portrayals here but I’ll throw this one out because it had a lengthy cast of good characters. Movie from way way back that I always thought was a good watch.

Cast had Clint Eastwood, Donald Sutherland, Don Rickles, Telly Savalas and Carrol O‘Connor among others. Who knows the movie?

Ok, no critically-acclaimed memorable portrayals here but I’ll throw this one out because it had a lengthy cast of good characters. Movie from way way back that I always thought was a good watch.

Cast had Clint Eastwood, Donald Sutherland, Don Rickles, Telly Savalas and Carrol O‘Connor among others. Who knows the movie?
Kelly’s Heroes

I was kind of going for supporting character more than the Lead, and in some cases, bigger than life characters.
Ok, gotcha. A lot of good ones already mentioned.

Robert Duvall as Tom Hagan
Tomei was perfect in Cousin Vinny
Christoph Waltz as Hans Landa in Inglorous Basterds
Pesci in Goodfellas

I have to disagree, Fred Gwynne gets equal weighting.
I mentioned him being good in that movie above. Fred Gwynne was a very good actor. He was brilliant as Herman Munster. He didn’t just have to be funny in that show, he had to be funny playing that character - which is much harder to pull off than most people realize.

Ok, gotcha. A lot of good ones already mentioned.

Robert Duvall as Tom Hagan
Tomei was perfect in Cousin Vinny
Christoph Waltz as Hans Landa in Inglorous Basterds
Pesci in Goodfellas
All A+ performances.

While I didn’t love Inglorious Bastards, Waltz was mesmerizing.

Sean William Scott as Steve Stifler. Hands down. I say this jokingly of course, but who hasn’t had a Stifler in their friend group growing up?? Better yet, who here was Stifler?

and I know it’s not a movie, and maybe I have some recency bias here…but Peter Dinkage as Tyrion Lannister was excellent in so many ways.

Jeffrey Lebowski, The Dude, His Dudeness, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT