ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Han Solo movie

Those
Our youngest is 22 and we still see animated movies all the time. The quality the last 15-20 years is amazing.
Disney and Pixar animated films dating back to 1989 or so have all been very good. But one thing I just can’t watch is any of the animated tv Star Wars stuff. And I hear there is an aninnated Star Wars film in production.

Speaking again of Star Wars, the Game of thrones creators are working on Star Wars films and it’s rumored that they will be more adult oriented with game of thrones actors.

And as far as the Rian Johnson trilogy...haven’t they learned from the last Jedi? I say cut your losses now.

And maybe it’s time Kathleen Kennedy stepped away.

Solo bombed for a second straight week. Man, I don’t know what to think about this. As a big fan of the overall franchise, it concerns me. But at the same time, maybe it’s a wake up call for Disney.

The theater by me is about 10 minutes of pre-movie stuff from the scheduled time. It's a smaller regional chain so they front load the two or three ads right at the start, then trailers, followed by the welcome to the theater/silence your cell phones message from the CEO of theater company.

Its called too much of a good thing - it feels like overload lately. Fatigue. Plus I don't get the animated series tie-ins either, I'm an adult and don't watch cartoons but what I read there was a lot of allusion to it. My son who is 15 didn't even go see it - he wants to see an Obi-Wan movie.

Reactions: Swervin27
Those

Disney and Pixar animated films dating back to 1989 or so have all been very good. But one thing I just can’t watch is any of the animated tv Star Wars stuff. And I hear there is an aninnated Star Wars film in production.

Speaking again of Star Wars, the Game of thrones creators are working on Star Wars films and it’s rumored that they will be more adult oriented with game of thrones actors.

And as far as the Rian Johnson trilogy...haven’t they learned from the last Jedi? I say cut your losses now.

And maybe it’s time Kathleen Kennedy stepped away.

The Game of Thrones people should be kept far far away from Star Wars. They’re horrible.

True we already have Khaleesi, Mother of Dragons in Solo. Who's next..
And Christie was Captain Phasma. She was awful in that role but I like her as Brienne of Tarth in GOT. But I’m guessing Ski is referring to the show creators.

And Christie was Captain Phasma. She was awful in that role but I like her as Brienne of Tarth in GOT. But I’m guessing Ski is referring to the show creators.
Ski has a bunch of nerd rage because a tv series had to make some decisions that didn’t follow the books literally.
Instead of just enjoying the series

The Game of Thrones people should be kept far far away from Star Wars. They’re horrible.

I thought Clarke was very good, better actress than Daisy Ridley IMO.

Overall I thought it was a very good movie, better then episodes 7 and 8. Haven't seen Rogue One yet. The guy who played Han was solid, Donald Glover was great as Lando, Woody Harleson was money as he always is. I really liked the first half with the scenes in their home planet and the train heist. Thought it got a tad slow and predictable at the end but still enjoyable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT