ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jimbo Fisher

Wow, after a 51-24 win too. When you got a shit ton of money I guess you can do these things.

It is amazing that a program with so much financial support located in a hot bed of talent hasn’t been able to break through. Over the last 20 years they’ve had one season in which they’ve won 10 or more games.

Hard to figure. A&M, Texas, Tennessee, South Carolina. Money, support, but pretty much average the past 25 years or so, save a couple good seasons scattered here and there,

Never cared for his QB’s although Johnny Football was there a while ago. NIL ain’t always the answer. Nick’s getting a chuckle from this development.

I agree and I rarely watch an A&M game or follow the team. Why couldn’t they take that next step as a top team?

It is amazing that a program with so much financial support located in a hot bed of talent hasn’t been able to break through. Over the last 20 years they’ve had one season in which they’ve won 10 or more games.

Should be a reminder how hard it is to win and build a long term successful program. A&M has like 5 times the money and definitely more support from the fans and alumni than Pitt and similar schools, and they still can't break through.

Should be a reminder how hard it is to win and build a long term successful program. A&M has like 5 times the money and definitely more support from the fans and alumni than Pitt and similar schools, and they still can't break through.
Their facilities are better than most professional teams. I took a tour of them after they remodeled the stadium

Elko would be a great hire, I enjoyed watching the ACC Saturday night game.
Duke is a good team, they played really hard against Carolina

Must be nice to be able to part with a deadweight coach who clearly isn't the guy for the future. I'm jealous.

They're also in a conference with the marquee programs in the country, and Jimbo has a better winning % than your boy. Man, the sycophants will look for anything to start a Narduzzi apologist mission.

Reactions: Phillypanther2
Elko would be a great hire, I enjoyed watching the ACC Saturday night game.
Duke is a good team, they played really hard against Carolina

We'll see, but the formula for winning at Duke and winning at A&M are completely different. Not sure he strikes me as the personality type who would succeed at a job like that.

Elko would be a good choice, but how would A&M sell that to their donors/fanbase? “We fired Jimbo and replaced him with his defensive coordinator?” Although, the drop-off did occur after he left, so he was definitely doing something right there.

Elko would be a good choice, but how would A&M sell that to their donors/fanbase? “We fired Jimbo and replaced him with his defensive coordinator?” Although, the drop-off did occur after he left, so he was definitely doing something right there.

I know programs often get someone from the other side of the ball when the last guy didn't work out, but I would stick with offense if I was them. No reason to compromise when you have that kind of financial flexibility. I'd probably want someone with some pizzazz. Elko would remind me of like Brady Hoke at Michigan or something.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I wonder if Lanning would drive to Pitt this time like he did to get a GA job? H2P

crazy when you think that Grahams staff had Norvell and Lanning on it, two coaches of top 10 programs now. Plus top assistants like Tony Gibson and Calvin Magee. Kind of like the staff that Hackett had with Mike McCarthy, Marvin Lewis, etc.

Also, some perspective on this buyout (and why Narduzzi isn’t going anywhere anytime soon):

Narduzzi’s buyout is approx. $35M after this season. If we fire him anytime in the next four off-seasons, it will essentially be the latest buyout of all-time for anyone not named Jimbo Fisher. Even firing him in five seasons would result in a near top-five finish on that list. Does the school have the financial backing to do something like this AND hire a strong successor? I wouldn’t bet on it.

crazy when you think that Grahams staff had Norvell and Lanning on it, two coaches of top 10 programs now. Plus top assistants like Tony Gibson and Calvin Magee. Kind of like the staff that Hackett had with Mike McCarthy, Marvin Lewis, etc.
Throw in Gruden and Chris Peterson too. Unbelievable

Narduzzi’s buyout is approx. $35M after this season. If we fire him anytime in the next four off-seasons, it will essentially be the latest buyout of all-time for anyone not named Jimbo Fisher. Even firing him in five seasons would result in a near top-five finish on that list. Does the school have the financial backing to do something like this AND hire a strong successor? I wouldn’t bet on it.

Do we know this as fact? Narduzzi doesn't use an agent per se but I'm sure has a lawyer review the contract. Are we sure it is that one-sided?

Reactions: 303vND
Do we know this as fact? Narduzzi doesn't use an agent per se but I'm sure has a lawyer review the contract. Are we sure it is that one-sided?
That’s an educated guess on my part based on the rumored per-year number (~$5M) and the length of the contract (seven years after this season). Beyond that, I don’t think there’s anyway to know about specific caveats regarding buyout clauses, what he’s owed, etc.

That’s an educated guess on my part based on the rumored per-year number (~$5M) and the length of the contract (seven years after this season). Beyond that, I don’t think there’s anyway to know about specific caveats regarding buyout clauses, what he’s owed, etc.
I’m surprised SMF hasn’t come along with his “maybe he’ll do the right thing and take a discount” schtick because “he can make up the rest as a highly paid D coordinator”.

So before it starts, he’s gonna a get every penny he’s owed whatever the amount is if they can him at whatever point. Unless maybe he goes after a sexual assault advocate like Tucker.

$76 million just to fire a college football coach? Half a million homeless. Tens of millions without health coverage. Our nation's priorities are waaaay out of whack.

And Pitt has NO chance. Just pack up the tent and go home.

Pitt can buy out Narduzzi if they want. Will they is another decision, but they have to have his replacement. No one thought stallings would actually be let go and in hindsight they let him go and put up cash for his replacement for a much less profitable program.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Pitt can buy out Narduzzi if they want. Will they is another decision, but they have to have his replacement. No one thought stallings would actually be let go and in hindsight they let him go and put up cash for his replacement for a much less profitable program.

Yeah but they theoretically should have had the cash from the buyouts they received from Chryst and Graham.

I “could” win the lottery too, but the odds of either happening this year are slim to none.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT