ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pens

I have been a critic, but man another underrated move by Jim Rutherford was the hiring of Todd Reirdon. He's like the Blue Line Whisperer. Letang is playing his best since 2016, Dumoulin has been fantastic and Mathiason is now looking why he was a first round pick and same with Cody Ceci who he has resurrected his career.

Loved the way they came out after that first goal. Aggressive and physical, no let up. Very impressive so far. Other than the Wood shot off the bar NJ has had very few good chances.

giphy.gif

Reactions: ShipofFools
Classic. Gotta support the team.
I remember, and this is the famous Jagr game, that the Pens won 3-2 OT game when a one legged Jagr scored in OT when it looked like the franchise could be moving in 1999, and afterwards I was doing that in post game traffic on Forbes. LOL

I remember, and this is the famous Jagr game, that the Pens won 3-2 OT game when a one legged Jagr scored in OT when it looked like the franchise could be moving in 1999, and afterwards I was doing that in post game traffic on Forbes. LOL
Sweet. Brought out your inner Puddy. Jagr's best playoff goal after his ballet move against the Hawks.

This was a great game for the Pens. They got 2 points. And Sully got a whole lot of "teachable moments". Especially going again against this same team on Thursday. This is more motivation for the Pens. But it is also a worth a good ass kicking by the coaching staff.

Good lord what was that? Jarry trying to handle a puck so that he can shoot for an empty net after giving up 5 goals in the period should be grounds for a three-game benching.

But at the end of the day, this was just one of those weird games like you see in baseball every once in a while where a team jumps out to a 10-0 lead after 3 innings only to hold on for a 10-9 win.

Do you guys actually think pros respond to that ?
My money is that the only message is “Finish all 60 minutes every game !”

I think that pros in a long season, especially ones as packed with as many games in as few days as this one, tend to respond to the last thing that happened. If the Pens win that game 6-0 or 7-2 or something like that, and then they play the same team again in two days, the tendency is going to be for them to come out at less than their best in two days. And I think that there is a much smaller chance that something like that happens now.

I think that pros in a long season, especially ones as packed with as many games in as few days as this one, tend to respond to the last thing that happened. If the Pens win that game 6-0 or 7-2 or something like that, and then they play the same team again in two days, the tendency is going to be for them to come out at less than their best in two days. And I think that there is a much smaller chance that something like that happens now.
That's what I think. Next game I think the Pens will be, hopefully, a little bit more focused. If not, then there could be problems of them falling into their love of making pretty plays again and not playing a simple system. And we know what kind of trouble that has gotten them in the past.

Fair
Just not sure how much the coach preaching in practice would matter

Fair
Just not sure how much the coach preaching in practice would matter

Yeah, I don't think it's so much what the coach will be telling them. I mean he will certainly be telling them, but it's not like they have a few days for him to pound something into their heads anyway. I just think it's more a matter of human nature, when things come too easy people tend to take their foot off the proverbial gas, when things are difficult people tend to buckle down.

The foot is clearly healed
I rewound that goal to make my son see his speed
As a Pens fan, I loved that goal. As a goalie, it made me want to blocker punch someone. As he got closer and came across laterally, the goalie is stuck. He has to stay on his skates to move laterally. He can't drop as the shot will go high. While moving and up on skates with the shooter that close, he can't get down on the pads in time for the quick low shot. That is how speed kills.
The Blueger goal was another goalie nightmare. He's stuffed. If he covers that post, the one-timer off the pass is going in. He cheats across just a little and Blueger nailed the near side opening.
So my point is that goals are rarely the goalies' fault. At least none of the goals scored on me.

A nice drama-free blowout win! Washington beats the Islanders in a shootout so the Pens are tied with NYI one point back of the Caps with the Bruins now making a charge just 4 points back of 1st. What a race.

A nice drama-free blowout win! Washington beats the Islanders in a shootout so the Pens are tied with NYI one point back of the Caps with the Bruins now making a charge just 4 points back of 1st. What a race.
It's just like the Isles and Caps to be cunty enough to not win in regulation.

Meanwhile in the West, the Kings are five points out of a playoff spot with a whopping 40 points... :oops:

Reactions: JD1976
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT