ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pirates

Just curious as to your opinion, who were you most upset about losing in that trade and who least?

I think we may regret it too, but because....

a) meadows was not only playing well, he actually showed a little more power than he did in the minors

and b) I just don’t think archer is all that great. I mean I do really like the guy and hope he does big things here, but him being the “top guy” on the market I think speaks more to it being a really weak SP trade market this year.
Archer is no better than a 3 in a starting rotation...Huntington finally makes a move( out of embarrrassment) and gets fleeced...

Reactions: vietvet1
Just curious as to your opinion, who were you most upset about losing in that trade and who least?

I think we may regret it too, but because....

a) meadows was not only playing well, he actually showed a little more power than he did in the minors

and b) I just don’t think archer is all that great. I mean I do really like the guy and hope he does big things here, but him being the “top guy” on the market I think speaks more to it being a really weak SP trade market this year.

For what we gave up we should have gotten Blake Snell, the Rays #1 guy. Honestly, I still wouldnt have LOVED the deal, but would make more sense.

I think Meadows I am most concerned with, but I did see improvement with Glasnow. I just am more upset with the price we paid in general. It was a splash price for a non #1 starter.

Reactions: vietvet1 and Pittx9
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT