ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steelers Bengals

There is no way you see these play calls with Matt Canada, have been throwing the ball consistently on 1st down. Most not for huge yards, but 2nd and 4 a hell of a lot better than 2nd and 11.

In the spirit of criticizing the announcers there’s no way Harvin could’ve had a 69 yard punt against Buffalo this year as they are not on the Steelers schedule.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
That wasn't a holding penalty, it was a reputation penalty. JPJ needs to work hard on correcting his play. That's more or less legal in college but isn't going to fly in the pros.

In the spirit of criticizing the announcers there’s no way Harvin could’ve had a 69 yard punt against Buffalo this year as they are not on the Steelers schedule.
They’ve been way off on some things, but they’re still better than Tirico and Collinsworth.

That wasn't a holding penalty, it was a reputation penalty. JPJ needs to work hard on correcting his play. That's more or less legal in college but isn't going to fly in the pros.
It was clearly the correct call. He held him early and late in the play.

The large majority of people agreed with the call. Blackledge clearly pointed it out too.

Rudolph should start next week whether KP is healthy or not.
I agree. No matter how much Pickett recovers with the extra day rest there’s no way his mobility will be what it was.

Reactions: PittAU
The Rudolph chants are so over the top. It's one game and all the stars aligned. Reminds my of CV's first game.

I thought Rudolph’s 315 yard 2 TD performance in the season finale in a losing effort against a Browns team that had to win to make the playoffs a couple years ago was arguably the best game by a Steelers QB in the last 3-4 years.

I don’t think most doubt his ability to throw the ball at an NFL level, he’s just so immobile that he’s not good enough to be a starting QB the way the position is played today. Takes way too many head shots as well, even if he is your starter he will be knocked out within a few games.

I actually predicted this, and said that Mason was the best quarterback on this roster. For the last two years, I’ve been baffled by the fact that he’s had to sit behind two inferior quarterbacks. Mobility doesn’t mean anything if you can’t anticipate throws and you can’t read defenses. Since Mason can do both of those things he can get away with being a ” Immobile quarterback “. I’ve always felt like Mason Rudolph had the ceiling to be like Matt Ryan, if they had a scheme and this game doesn’t surprise me. I’ve called for this for years.

Reactions: Parkview57
I actually predicted this, and said that Mason was the best quarterback on this roster. For the last two years, I’ve been baffled by the fact that he’s had to sit behind two inferior quarterbacks. Mobility doesn’t mean anything if you can’t anticipate throws and you can’t read defenses. Since Mason can do both of those things he can get away with being a ” Immobile quarterback “. I’ve always felt like Mason Rudolph had the ceiling to be like Matt Ryan, if they had a scheme and this game doesn’t surprise me. I’ve called for this for years.
This was the best the OL played all year. Next week will be a much bigger challenge. Props to Rudolph for playing well today.

I don’t think most doubt his ability to throw the ball at an NFL level
Then after all the problems, design the offense around his weakness. Why do we (Pitt/Steeler fans) have to wait week after week until the teams get to a third string guy for decent qb play ...mind boggling

I think Pickett should sit the rest of the season, recover fully, learn some things. Then the Stillers can see what progress he makes in camp and if he can start next year. Right now, he's the QB with the most potential while Rudolph is the smart, experienced QB. Neither is really a consistent starter at this point.

It doesn't matter right now. The Stillers will be watching the playoffs from their family rooms or will be playing golf somewhere.

I think Pickett should sit the rest of the season, recover fully, learn some things. Then the Stillers can see what progress he makes in camp and if he can start next year. Right now, he's the QB with the most potential while Rudolph is the smart, experienced QB. Neither is really a consistent starter at this point.
Agreed.
If I were Mike Tomlin, I would start MR the rest of the year. I would draft a deep threat WR in round 1 next year and a OT as soon as I could. I would place Rudolph in the #1 slot at qb, and throw deep balls to Pickens and Whomever, hand off to NH and Warren. I would let Kenny work his a** of next year, and become the cerebral guy he became at Pitt....
" Miller Highlife...The Champagne of Beers"

The large majority of people agreed with the call. Blackledge clearly pointed it out too.

Rudolph should start next week whether KP is healthy or not.
I hope they do start Rudy because the Seahawks D is much better than the Bungles. When the offense goes back to being fugly people won’t blame KP

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT