ADVERTISEMENT

OT Steelers Game thread

The Fake Punt sealed the deal for me. I want to see change and want to see it now. With Tomlin these guys are LOSERS, they find different ways to lose. Today Tomlin said the Hell with it I will stick my hand in and help you guys lose as well

Reactions: Dan1911
And that changes on a longer field how? The best chance to win was keeping possession of the ball. The fake punt attempt just came up a little short

The problem I have is if you realized you needed to keep the and take that risk why take the air out or the ball earlier It’s inconsistent. They needed to keep trying to score They were shredding the saints D through the air and had them on their heels. They have them momentum back.

Reactions: jctrack
The Fake Punt sealed the deal for me. I want to see change and want to see it now. With Tomlin these guys are LOSERS, they find different ways to lose. Today Tomlin said the Hell with it I would stick my hand in and help you guys lose as well

Go root for the Patriots

Real easy to say that for you. Not so easy for me considering that, even with the short field, they still needed a real close PI call on 4th down to keep that drive alive to get the TD. Plus 1 or 2 holding penalties that also set them back. More opportunities for FUps on their part with the long field.
So
Let’s recap.
It took a bailout 4th down penalty to give New Orleans a chance to take the lead.

Which again proves the field position didn’t matter

Not only will Tomlin be back (and he should), but I expect Fichtner, Butler, and Colbert to be back. I doubt the Rooney's will make any changes.

If butler is back there will be no playoffs in tomlins future with the Steelers

They don't find different ways to lose each week. But no I am counting on Baltimore to do away with New England. Baltimore is the only team I have confidence in to not go up to Foxboro and piss all over themselves

The ravens won’t hold Brady to 10 points. They will get killed

You seem to forget that the pats are coached and qb’d by GOATS.

Baltimore has gone up there and spanked Brady and Belichick before and that was when they were younger and better. Ravens might retire Brady if they hit him the way they hit Rivers last night.

So
Let’s recap.
It took a bailout 4th down penalty to give New Orleans a chance to take the lead.

Which again proves the field position didn’t matter
You guys win, you’re right, that call had absolutely no impact on the outcome of the game.

I am not upset about the call at all, more upset about some of their 3rd and short calls and formations and player personnel. But I also realize that the outcome easily could have been different if the Saints had to go 90 yards instead if 50.

They don't find different ways to lose each week. But no I am counting on Baltimore to do away with New England. Baltimore is the only team I have confidence in to not go up to Foxboro and piss all over themselves

Baltimore has gone up there and spanked Brady and Belichick before and that was when they were younger and better. Ravens might retire Brady if they hit him the way they hit Rivers last night.

On paper yes, but rookie QBs are 0-9 at Foxboro under BB and TB.

If butler is back there will be no playoffs in tomlins future with the Steelers

It will depend on Ben and how they use their cap. If Ben comes back and the Steelers use Bell's money to sign a quality FA's (good CB and ILB), then they will.

You guys win, you’re right, that call had absolutely no impact on the outcome of the game.

I am not upset about the call at all, more upset about some of their 3rd and short calls and formations and player personnel. But I also realize that the outcome easily could have been different if the Saints had to go 90 yards instead if 50.
Or if Ridley doesn’t fumble .
Or juju doesn’t fumble

Or the saints weren’t gifted 7 points by the refs to start the game.

Or If Ben scores a td instead of setting for fgs in the first half.

Or if the refs call the saints wr a catch and fumble , instead of incomplete.

Lots of variables

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Or juju doesn’t fumble

Lots of variables
All good points, and the Saints LT should have been called for a false start on the run they scored their second TD. He is the one who made the key block on that play as well.

You saw how shaky Brady looked when Pittsburgh's non existent pass rush got in his face? Just imagine how frightened he would be going against Baltimore's pass rush?

That doesn’t mean Belichek can’t game plan around a rookie running qb. I’m not saying it will happen I just don’t see anyone going into Foxboro and winning.

I made a wager offer based on your opinion tomlin will be in trouble.

You can take it or not

So if tomlin doesn’t make the playoffs the next two years your saying he won’t be in trouble. Missing three years in a row would place him directly on the hot seat if not fired

Never said he was going to be in trouble next year.

It’s a 60 minute game-
And the line between winning and losing is razor thin.

That’s the beauty of the NFL and their parity. I could list plays in each game they lost that would have given the Steelers a W. And the opposite is true, W’s turned to L’s.

So if tomlin doesn’t make the playoffs the next two years your saying he won’t be in trouble. Missing three years in a row would place him directly on the hot seat if not fired

Never said he was going to be in trouble next year.

Most coaches don't have a SB win along with two appearances. Tomlin has earned a long leash. Ben's inevitable retiring probably gives him more time.

Or juju doesn’t fumble

Lots of variables
Ok Mr obvious, great observations by you here. All irrelevant to my stance that it’s illogical for someone to state the fake punt call had zero impact on the game.

Reactions: paulbl99
Most coaches don't have a SB win along with two appearances. Tomlin has earned a long leash. Ben's inevitable retiring probably gives him more time.

The irony is of the same posters who celebrate mediocre Pitt coaches because of stability-
Yet 12 seasons for tomlin and never a losing a season- and they want him gone

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT