ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steelers Seahwaks

Thinking about today and seeing James just light up Philly and the mystery with Kenny, I feel the big difference in how they were treated is that James worked his ass off every week and gave everything he has. I feel like Kenny kind of has held back and that has hurt him and honestly that Is on him.

Isn't Rudolph a Free Agent after the season? Who's to say he comes back here? Someone else might offer him something.
All about the $$$$ and playing for a lucrative contract. It's something how this all goes.

Hilarious that everyone is still sucking off Kenny. I wonder if the reaction would be the same if it was Hackenberg/Geno/Allar instead of Pickett.
Aw hahahaha! Go play with your blow up Joepa doll you got for Christmas…

I don’t care if Kenny played for WVU. I want him to succeed because if he doesn’t, the Steelers would‘ve wasted a 1st round pick. It also means the Steelers are still searching for a starting QB. Rudolph will not be here next year. He’s GONE.

Last edited:
Reactions: pierre93
I think people dislike Tomlin because we seem to always be waiting the final week for teams to lose to determine our playoff fate when the Steelers shouldn't be in that position. Tomlin is a good coach, there is no denying that, but he needs to be a good coach the entire season, not just when his ass is on the line.
Yep. Those losses to Browns Cardinals NE and Indy will keep them out. Win just one of those and they’re a lock. Especially bad Trushitsky losses!
Shame. But maybe Tomlins non losing season streak continues to torture the haters!

I'm sure you're right. But they have screwed with him enough that if someone offered him something similar to what the Steelers have, would he say see ya?
He may have other options but I’m sure the Steelers would welcome him back if he’s so inclined

I think people dislike Tomlin because we seem to always be waiting the final week for teams to lose to determine our playoff fate when the Steelers shouldn't be in that position. Tomlin is a good coach, there is no denying that, but he needs to be a good coach the entire season, not just when his ass is on the line.
Tomlin has zero pressure to win because he has the most job security in sports. No one is worried about the streak without a losing season because his streak of seasons without a playoff win is likely to continue.

• Haha
Reactions: FreeportPanther
You think so? He has gone longer with no playoff wins than Cowher or Noll ever did. If he continues to not win a playoff game, you don't think there will be pressure at some point?

Tomlin has gone 6 years without a playoff win. Cowher's longest streak was 3 years, Noll's longest was 4. So this is the longest streak without a playoff winn since before Noll in the 60's. Keep in mind they took less teams to the playoffs back then too.
Tomlin has zero pressure to win because he has the most job security in sports. No one is worried about the streak without a losing season because his streak of seasons without a playoff win is likely to continue.

Last edited:
You think so? He has gone longer with no playoff wins than Cowher or Noll ever did. If he continues to not win a playoff game, you don't think there will be pressure at some point?

Tomlin has gone 6 years without a playoff win. Cowher's longest streak was 3 years, Noll's longest was 4. So this is the longest streak without a playoff winn since before Noll in the 60's. Keep in mind they took less teams to the playoffs back then too.
I fully expect him to get a three-year extension this offseason. He's been here for 17 years and has the team "competing" every season. At this point for him to go I think it would have to be Tomlin's decision, I just don't think Rooney will fire him.

Fortunately Jim Nance pointed out that it was three since Chuck Noll got here. Which is still a really long time, but not the whole history of the team.

1968+Topps+-+072+-+Jim+Nance.jpg

That will be interesting because it won't sit well with Steelers fans who are very spoiled.
I fully expect him to get a three-year extension this offseason. He's been here for 17 years and has the team "competing" every season. At this point for him to go I think it would have to be Tomlin's decision, I just don't think Rooney will fire him.

Ironically that was the last time they have gone 6 or more years without a playoff win.
Now now from 1933 to 1969 it was a disaster. I think the stillers held camp at Cal U. Almost 40 years of terrible football. Unbelievable

Last edited:
No. Spoiled meaning how long will fans, who many have never gone more than four years without a playoff win in their lifetime and have seen six championships, will continue to keep going without playoff wins. The longest Cowher ever went was three years, the longest Noll went was four. So a couple more years and Tomlin will have gone twice as long as Noll. This doesn't seem to far fetched considering he probably isn't going to make it this year which makes seven.
This is the longest streak of not winning playoff games since the 1960's and back then they didn't take nearly as many teams.
Spoiled for being stuck in a rut of mediocrity for 7 years?

No. Spoiled meaning how long will fans, who many have never gone more than four years without a playoff win in their lifetime and have seen six championships, will continue to keep going without playoff wins. The longest Cowher ever went was three years, the longest Noll went was four. So a couple more years and Tomlin will have gone twice as long as Noll. This doesn't seem to far fetched considering he probably isn't going to make it this year which makes seven.
This is the longest streak of not winning playoff games since the 1960's and back then they didn't take nearly as many teams.
I still don’t understand what you mean saying the fans are spoiled. This team has its longest playoff win drought since before Noll as you said. They’re stuck in the middle which is a terrible spot to be in. The Patriots were spoiled with Brady and Super Bowls every year. The Chiefs are spoiled now with home field almost every year with Reid and Mahomes. Steelers fans aren’t spoiled in anyway right now unless not winning playoff games means being spoiled.

If you can't understand what I'm saying, I don't know how to explain it to you. I seriously doubt the majority of Steelers fans are under ten years old. In my lifetime I have never been through a seven year drought without winning a playoff game. In fact if you average it out, the Steelers have won a conference championship every 6.8 years of my life, and a Super Bowl every 9. So, I guess I am spoiled. So Tomlin has to win a conference championship next year.
I still don’t understand what you mean saying the fans are spoiled. This team has its longest playoff win drought since before Noll as you said. They’re stuck in the middle which is a terrible spot to be in. The Patriots were spoiled with Brady and Super Bowls every year. The Chiefs are spoiled now with home field almost every year with Reid and Mahomes. Steelers fans aren’t spoiled in anyway right now unless not winning playoff games means being spoiled.

If you can't understand what I'm saying, I don't know how to explain it to you. I seriously doubt the majority of Steelers fans are under ten years old. In my lifetime I have never been through a seven year drought without winning a playoff game. In fact if you average it out, the Steelers have won a conference championship every 6.8 years of my life, and a Super Bowl every 9. So, I guess I am spoiled. So Tomlin has to win a conference championship next year.
You are wrong

Hilarious that everyone is still sucking off Kenny. I wonder if the reaction would be the same if it was Hackenberg/Geno/Allar instead of Pickett.
Unlike you cultists we’d all root for those bums because we cheer for the uniform not the player. Despite Friermuth being a brittle shadow most of the season we still have a rooting interest in his success. Your pedo enablers don’t understand that because you’re blinded by your traditional uniforms and Paterno’s wrinkly nether regions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT