ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steelers targeting FA QB’s?

Yeah/
Thankful for Washington being stupid enough to jump on the Wentz grenade
I want nothing to do with Trubinsky unless he’s like $6-8/mil for 2 years

I’m team Desean or Derek Carr and no one else - except for the draft
If drafting a QB, the Mississippi kid will be there for sure at 20. Could trade down for him plus a pick. Still thinking DL in Rd 1.

If drafting a QB, the Mississippi kid will be there for sure at 20. Could trade down for him plus a pick. Still thinking DL in Rd 1.
corral is like 185 pounds though man. i feel like he has about 8 games in the NFL before he gets killed. i mean literally killed, on the field, just gets hit and dies..

Hope this happens, Edmunds sucks.
I disagree. I’d love to have Whitehead, and while I do think Edmunds has underperformed for a first round pick, I also don’t think he’s been bad. He’s a serviceable starter. I hope they can bring him back on the right price. If not, bring Whitehead home.

Also, he’s now the third Buc that we’ve been linked to (Jensen, Davis). We’re going to become Tampa North soon!

If you guys say so .
Probably doesn't matter because the same personnel is still there that selected Devin Bush.

If you guys say so .
Probably doesn't matter because the same personnel is still there that selected Devin Bush.
Bush has this year to bounce back to his pre-injury level- which was really good
Otherwise he likewise doesn’t get his option picked up and is a free agent

they resign edmunds if he’s cheaper than whitehead or another free agent

I’d rather go Willis over Carrol, and I’m not sold on him
I don't get this massive Willis love? Given a choice, I'd take Pickett, no discussion. Then they say, Willis has more "Upside" than Pickett. What does that even mean? I guess they are saying that Willis has potential to improve much more and Pickett is about as good as he can be? It also means Willis might not ever be as good as Pickett, even though he has a chance to be better? I'd rather take the guy that is closer to a finished product.

I don't get this massive Willis love? Given a choice, I'd take Pickett, no discussion. Then they say, Willis has more "Upside" than Pickett. What does that even mean? I guess they are saying that Willis has potential to improve much more and Pickett is about as good as he can be? It also means Willis might not ever be as good as Pickett, even though he has a chance to be better? I'd rather take the guy that is closer to a finished product.
My friend asked me if you’d want the Steelers to draft Pickett if he had same exact career and combine but came from Rutgers instead of pitt.

I really had to think about it.

My friend asked me if you’d want the Steelers to draft Pickett if he had same exact career and combine but came from Rutgers instead of pitt.

I really had to think about it.
I never care where they come from, I'd draft a Penn State QB if I thought they where good.

I never care where they come from, I'd draft a Penn State QB if I thought they where good.
i will admit i openly root against psu players on the steelers. up until friermuth. i hated that tight end that screwed up the pats game for us, i hated that WR we had from rochester for a few weeks. Franco was before my time, disliked whitman.

But i actually like Friermuth. i try to dislike him but cant do it..

Steelers IMO should sign the Lb and Cb being mentioned and invest in offensive lineman in the draft and free agency .Stick with Mason Rudolph for next yr .If he’s a bust they will be in a better position to draft a franchise QB in the next draft .Unless our boy KP falls to them . Don’t waste a lot money on QBs who’ve proved to be ordinary at best .

i will admit i openly root against psu players on the steelers. up until friermuth. i hated that tight end that screwed up the pats game for us, i hated that WR we had from rochester for a few weeks. Franco was before my time, disliked whitman.

But i actually like Friermuth. i try to dislike him but cant do it..
I never thought of it that way, Steelers are my #1 favorite football team, WAY WAY WAY ABOVE Pitt Football, so as soon as you join the Steelers I have to root for you, if they sign Bin Laden, Saddam or Putin I'm rooting for them to become Hall of Famers.

I’d rather go Willis over Carrol, and I’m not sold on him
By no means am I a draft expert, but my top three QBs I like are Pickett, Willis, and Ridder. I obviously want Pickett, but I think Willis has the highest ceiling among the three and Ridder is going to be a nice day two pickup for somebody. Just my opinion, though.

Steelers IMO should sign the Lb and Cb being mentioned and invest in offensive lineman in the draft and free agency .Stick with Mason Rudolph for next yr .If he’s a bust they will be in a better position to draft a franchise QB in the next draft .Unless our boy KP falls to them . Don’t waste a lot money on QBs who’ve proved to be ordinary at best .

There is no if with Mason Rudolph. He blows.

Reactions: Pitt79
i keep seeing things about steeler FA news happening at 2pm today. zero clue if it's legit or not. between filiponi, shaun king and other tweets, they all contradict each other. i guess we'll find out in an hour and a half if it's legit.

maybe it's just the watson thing that was debunked a day or two ago

i keep seeing things about steeler FA news happening at 2pm today. zero clue if it's legit or not. between filiponi, shaun king and other tweets, they all contradict each other. i guess we'll find out in an hour and a half if it's legit.

I wish they'd do something WAY WAY WAY out of character, just because I'm bored with same, same, same, like BAMA in the CFP :)

It’s when the grand jury will meet to decide whether charges should be brought against Watson.

lol, yeah me too but he sounds confident. we'll see in 20 minutes.. watch ben come back for one more year lol.

Can this really be about Watson at 2? Maybe later on but can they really have something that quick? My money would be on Trubisky if they have an actual announcement about a QB.

Can this really be about Watson at 2? Maybe later on but can they really have something that quick? My money would be on Trubisky if they have an actual announcement about a QB.
why would some steeler fans be really happy and some really upset about watson maybe getting indicted. has to be something else.

why would some steeler fans be really happy and some really upset about watson maybe getting indicted. has to be something else.

No I meant acquiring Watson. That would be too quick (at 2) so it makes me think it is about someone else. I never thought Watson made much sense anyways given the draft capital it would take to get him. And the future legal issues (civil cases) he most certainly will be dealing with. He may be clear of criminal charges but the civil issues will be a headache and a distraction for years to come.

No I meant acquiring Watson. That would be too quick (at 2) so it makes me think it is about someone else. I never thought Watson made much sense anyways given the draft capital it would take to get him. And the future legal issues (civil cases) he most certainly will be dealing with.
i cant imagine too many steeler fans being upset (AT ALL) if we landed watson.

it would be 99.9% flat out rejoicing in the streets with like 4 middle aged women holding up #metoo signs in front of heinz field for a few hours like when we signed VIck. Remember that? 8 fat white women holding up "dogs lives matter" signs while everyone else was pumped..

it would be 99.9% flat out rejoicing in the streets with like 4 middle aged women holding up #metoo signs in front of heinz field for a few hours like when we signed VIck. Remember that? 8 fat white women holding up "dogs lives matter" signs while everyone else was pumped..

It would be a good signing at face value. But it would come down to how many 1st round picks they had to give up (they need a lot more than a QB, no matter how good) and how likely it would be for him to be mired in future legal issues. I wouldn't be protesting, I'm just saying it could be a real headache for him and the org to get dragged through it for years to come. Vick was a shell of his former self and not really a focal point by the time he came here. And he was many years beyond his legal issues.

I’ve talked myself into believing Mason Rudolph hasn’t been given a fair shot since getting drafted and will be the day one starter.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy

I don't know? There's some middle aged men who hated Ben over ALLEGED offenses that may or may not have ever happened. I of course would be thrilled, We'd then be able to fill all the other positions and not have to really think about QB for at least 5-6 years, Watson is like 30 right?

You seem like an optimistic guy, but is there anyone on the Steelers you don't like ?
I hope they let McCloud walk in free agency and they cut Derek Watt, Banner, and Schobert. Wanted Banner to work out but he just can’t stay healthy. Schobert was an underwhelming acquisition and Watt just isn’t used enough to justify the cap hit. Maybe he has a place in Canada’s “real” offense.

I also think they need to upgrade the right side of the line, beginning with center, and I’m hesitant on re-signing Witherspoon with what he’ll command. Not sure whether he’s a “flash in the pan” or the last month of the season was the real him.

I’ll leave with this: I think their biggest problem is a lack of depth. I don’t mind many of the starters, but majority of the rest of the two-deep shouldn’t be on the practice squad much less the active roster. We went to both games at Arrowhead and I can’t recall the last time I struggled that much with figuring out who was going in and out. Free agency gutted them last year. That’s why I hope they avoid making a splash trade that gives up draft capital.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT