ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steelers....

wbrpanther

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
With an eye to the draft, I really enjoyed the Bama- Florida game last night. There were 3 players in particular that would be no brainer choices if they are there when the Steelers pick. Both QBs and Najee Davis. The QBs, Jones and Trask are Heisman candidates and Harris should be. There is a real chance one of those guys will be there.

Reactions: columbus mike
Any chance Harris is there in the second round? Ideally, I’d want them to draft an offensive lineman with that first pick.

That game was loaded with NFL talent, particularly from Alabama.

Pitts, Waddle, Smith, and Surtain are all "run to the podium" type prospects if they somehow fall to the Steelers.

The QBs are interesting. They both seem to be moving up draft boards, but have some question marks. I don't know if either fall that far.

Alabama has a couple of interesting linemen with Leatherwood and Dickerson. Leatherwood has the look of a top left tackle prospect and Dickerson could fill the need on the interior, though the knee injury is a bit of a concern. Seems like his teammates absolutely love the guy.

Harris would be tough to pass up. Taking a running back in the first is just tough. There is a lot of depth at the position and they could probably get a talented back in the second. However, if Harris can do what Cook or Henry does at the next level he'd be worth the pick.

Pitts, Waddle, Smith, and Surtain are all "run to the podium" type prospects if they somehow fall to the Steelers.

The QBs are interesting. They both seem to be moving up draft boards, but have some question marks. I don't know if either fall that far.

Alabama has a couple of interesting linemen with Leatherwood and Dickerson. Leatherwood has the look of a top left tackle prospect and Dickerson could fill the need on the interior, though the knee injury is a bit of a concern. Seems like his teammates absolutely love the guy.

Harris would be tough to pass up. Taking a running back in the first is just tough. There is a lot of depth at the position and they could probably get a talented back in the second. However, if Harris can do what Cook or Henry does at the next level he'd be worth the pick.
Usually I like to follow the rule that you shouldn’t draft a RB in the first round, but that’s because there’s typically more value in drafting another position that high.

However, since they’d likely be picking towards the end of the round, that may not necessarily be the case and drafting Harris may make sense there.

Pitts, Waddle, Smith, and Surtain are all "run to the podium" type prospects if they somehow fall to

He would go a long way in fixing the run game. I realize the OL will need to be addressed but Najee is special.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I really think that if Ben is back they will trade back and pick up another second rounder. However if they were to keep there pick give me Eichenburg from ND or Cosmi from Texas. Both are lineman that would help the run game.
Speaking of Running backs give me Kylin Hill out of Mississippi State who opted out this year after playing one game.

Jackson Carman - OT from Clemson. I watched him closely when he faced Chase Young. He dominated Young. Carman is a stud. If he is projected for the 2nd round, then trade back and get him along with another pick.

Last edited:
He would go a long way in fixing the run game. I realize the OL will need to be addressed but Najee is special.

He seems like a guy who could overcome a subpar OL whereas the other top backs may not have the same type of success.

Depending on how the run of QB’s in the first round affected the draft order I would consider trading up or back a few spots to get the best OL guy available in their pick range.

I really think they need to make a change at the center position, Pouncey isn’t very good at all anymore and almost certainly won’t be here after Roethlisberger is gone.

Depending on how the run of QB’s in the first round affected the draft order I would consider trading up or back a few spots to get the best OL guy available in their pick range.

I really think they need to make a change at the center position, Pouncey isn’t very good at all anymore and almost certainly won’t be here after Roethlisberger is gone.
Agreed. The thing that’s interesting to me is that the line has played very poorly and definitely needs upgraded, but I’m just not sure where. The only lock I see for 2021 is Kevin Dotson. Pouncey and DeCastro may very well be “over the hill,” but there’s also a decent chance they’re back next season. Feiler, Okorafor, and Banner could each start at multiple positions, but which ones do you re-sign? Villanueva may not be back, either, depending on how they prioritize their spending and what they do with the two aforementioned tackles.

It’s definitely going to be a very different looking line in 2021, just now sure how to project it yet. I guess the draft will be very telling what direction they’ll go in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT