ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Todd Gurley's thoughts on the NCAA

College basketball and football are billion dollar industries that hide behind "amaturism" in order to pay the players $0 so all the money can go to the administrators and coaches.

12-30k a year in tuition, room, board, and extra booster perks aint free. If you wanna get paid, play in Europe or now go to the xfl after high school

Sure they aren’t payments, but they ensure zero payments later and all that interest that can pile on. Some of these players get a masters free also.
No different than any other scholarship .

it’s not on the w-2 so is a false Narrative

I find it hilarious how the concept of compensation for market value is opposed by people who it will literally have no impact on.

You know what those athletes aren’t part of? The excessive student loan debt problem. And spoon fed degrees while playing sports.
Handed degrees WVU-style.

Also, they get to know rich alumni that hook them up even after school.

It's much better to be a legend at the University of Somewhere than the Scranton Jabroneys of the NFL AAA league,

College basketball and football are billion dollar industries that hide behind "amaturism" in order to pay the players $0 so all the money can go to the administrators and coaches.
"All the money" ? I'm sure all the kids ( the majority of actually ) who graduate with $100,000 - $200,000 in debt would agree with you. Actually, a truer statement would be that "universities compromise academics to permit athletes who could not be admitted to said school on any other basis to be called ' student athletes'".
I'm all for the NBA and NFL to start their own developmental leagues and get kids that aren't students out of school. Fixed.

"All the money" ? I'm sure all the kids ( the majority of actually ) who graduate with $100,000 - $200,000 in debt would agree with you. Actually, a truer statement would be that "universities compromise academics to permit athletes who could not be admitted to said school on any other basis to be called ' student athletes'".
I'm all for the NBA and NFL to start their own developmental leagues and get kids that aren't students out of school. Fixed.
It's time for academic leaders across the country to rise up against the "student athlete" farce. Every professor should refuse to conduct classes until this has solved.

Reactions: SisadaPITT
Sequels are never as good....

bozworth_large.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT