ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Watch Party for USA Women's Soccer game

Dude, I’m with you on the pay thing. These chicks are a thousand times better and more entertaining and successful then the failed abortion that is the Men’s national team.

No one cares about the US men’s team. This country jumps on the women’s bandwagon big time and deservedly so. There are like 8 relatives that follow the men’s team and they only do it cause they feel obligated.

Not sure I’m going to blame the USA or burn the flag cause of it though. This is on whoever pays them, not an indictment on the country as a whole. Donald trump and congress aren’t in charge of their compensation structure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaos
Dude, I’m with you on the pay thing. These chicks are a thousand times better and more entertaining and successful then the failed abortion that is the Men’s national team.

Not sure I’m going to blame the USA or burn the flag cause of it though. This is on whoever pays them, not an indictment on the country as a whole. Donald trump and congress aren’t in charge of their compensation structure.

So we are gonna push the “no one believed in us” angle with the USWNT? The “us against the world” even though that is beyond silly and they were the clear cut favorites?? Ok. Sure. Why not.

Hines ward would be proud.

They are not better, if their was a game between the men's and women's teams, the women's team would play the part of Thailand. Their pay should be based on how much revenue they bring in, and the women bring in far less due to the fact the most of the world doesn't give a hoot about the women's world cup.

It’s not exactly rooting against your country. It is rooting against a team that hates the country.
This is the problem with activists like Rampinoe putting themselves ahead of their team. You get people thinking the way that you do. If I were on the team, I wouldn’t be happy with my captain.

Reactions: YourPittDanceTeam
It is. But he wouldn’t think that way if a couple of the players didn’t put themselves in a position in which people think that about them.
I flat out reject the premise that being a champion for wanting your country to be better in specific ways demonstrates hatred of country.

Blindly believing patriotism = silent consent and declaring the country is great is dangerous.

They are not better, if their was a game between the men's and women's teams, the women's team would play the part of Thailand. Their pay should be based on how much revenue they bring in, and the women bring in far less due to the fact the most of the world doesn't give a hoot about the women's world cup.
Report: USWNT generate more revenue than men’s team from 2016

Revelations could provide legal boost for women’s national side in US Soccer suit.

• Posted: June 18 2019
  • By: Sam Carp
  • Wall Street Journal (WSJ).

Financial reports seen by the business newspaper show that a surge in ticket sales for the women’s games helped earn the United States Soccer Federation (US Soccer) US$50.8 million from 2016 to 2018. The men’s team, meanwhile, apparently only generated US$49.9 million over the same period.

Report: USWNT generate more revenue than men’s team from 2016

Revelations could provide legal boost for women’s national side in US Soccer suit.

• Posted: June 18 2019
  • By: Sam Carp
  • Wall Street Journal (WSJ).

Financial reports seen by the business newspaper show that a surge in ticket sales for the women’s games helped earn the United States Soccer Federation (US Soccer) US$50.8 million from 2016 to 2018. The men’s team, meanwhile, apparently only generated US$49.9 million over the same period.
Stop using facts to make a point. Some posters here won't understand it.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
This is the problem with activists like Rampinoe putting themselves ahead of their team. You get people thinking the way that you do. If I were on the team, I wouldn’t be happy with my captain.

The other side of that is that you make hay while the sun shines. If I was trying to win a world championship I probably would prefer not to have the distraction as well but I get why they’re doing it now.

And it’s Rapinoe. For such a fan of the women’s game one would think you’d know her name. Could be a typo but I feel like I’ve seen this previously.

Stop using facts to make a point. Some posters here won't understand it.
Yeah, that’s what people don’t realize. NO ONE cares about US men’s soccer, even passive, casual fans acknowledge and follow the USWNT. I actually dislike soccer and I followed them the last few games, actually was a tad bit excited for some of these games.

Because Europe and Africa likes men’s soccer isn’t relevant.the men’s soccer team plays tonight, you think anyone cares?? Hell no. I’d rather watch family guy rerun.

Reactions: pittdan77
Yeah, that’s what people don’t realize. NO ONE cares about US men’s soccer, even passive, casual fans acknowledge and follow the USWNT. I actually dislike soccer and I followed them the last few games, actually was a tad bit excited for some of these games.

Because Europe and Africa likes men’s soccer isn’t relevant.the men’s soccer team plays tonight, you think anyone cares?? Hell no. I’d rather watch family guy rerun.
I could go on a long rant re: why US Men's Soccer stinks, but I'll still watch it when they play a big game such as tonight. Their younger talent has recently been keeping games interesting; Christian Pulisic and Weston McKinnie are players who they could build a team around.

The other side of that is that you make hay while the sun shines. If I was trying to win a world championship I probably would prefer not to have the distraction as well but I get why they’re doing it now.

And it’s Rapinoe. For such a fan of the women’s game one would think you’d know her name. Could be a typo but I feel like I’ve seen this previously.
My iPhone tries to change it to “tampinoe” every time I type her name. I could go with that? Does it really matter? In any event, you and everyone else on a message board know who she is. And as a big fan of the sport, hopefully I won’t have to worry about her anymore.

I flat out reject the premise that being a champion for wanting your country to be better in specific ways demonstrates hatred of country.

Blindly believing patriotism = silent consent and declaring the country is great is dangerous.
Like I’ve said 1000 times, she has a right to do whatever she wants. But I am glad US Soccer made her stand for the anthem. Not doing that while wearing that jersey is worse than what Kap did in a 49ers jersey. And being an activist during a World Cup and potentially driving a wedge through your team is not what a captain should be doing. Now that it’s over, she can use her 15 minutes and do whatever she wants.

My iPhone tries to change it to “tampinoe” every time I type her name. I could go with that? Does it really matter? In any event, you and everyone else on a message board know who she is. And as a big fan of the sport, hopefully I won’t have to worry about her anymore.

Doesn’t auto correct suggest/use actual words?

And yes I do think it matters. But that’s just me. And I’m not saying I don’t make mistakes or make typos. But personally I wouldn’t wanna keep getting it wrong.

Like I’ve said 1000 times, she has a right to do whatever she wants. But I am glad US Soccer made her stand for the anthem. Not doing that while wearing that jersey is worse than what Kap did in a 49ers jersey. And being an activist during a World Cup and potentially driving a wedge through your team is not what a captain should be doing. Now that it’s over, she can use her 15 minutes and do whatever she wants.

You think her opinions are wedge issues for her team?
C’mon .

And I’ll disagree vigorously that curtailing speech and protest is patriotism.
The continued muddling of nationalist ceremony as patriotism by so many is the real wedge issue .

I could go on a long rant re: why US Men's Soccer stinks, but I'll still watch it when they play a big game such as tonight. Their younger talent has recently been keeping games interesting; Christian Pulisic and Weston McKinnie are players who they could build a team around.
I agree. And hopefully McKinnie can eventually land himself at a better club and improve even more as a player.

I’ve seen some of the posts from my board friends here ripping the men’s team and saying no one cares, and I’ve wanted to reply but haven’t. I think the comments in one respect are over stated, but at the same time the team doesn’t have a great following in the grand scheme of things.

I’ll say this about it. The women went 16 years (1999-2015) without winning a World Cup, while during that same period our men did some pretty impressive things, which is much more difficult on their side. The men are in a rebuild now...but they aren’t as putrid as some may think. And they now have the best player we may have ever had. He’s being asked to replace a guy (unfairly) at the Club level (Chelsea) who was the #2 player in last summers World Cup. No American ever has been thought of at that level.

Doesn’t auto correct suggest/use actual words?

And yes I do think it matters. But that’s just me. And I’m not saying I don’t make mistakes or make typos. But personally I wouldn’t wanna keep getting it wrong.
Thanks I’ll keep that in mind. Board police are awesome.

Meh. I love it when the USA wins in anything. I find women's soccer as exciting as curling but hey congrats. As for Rapinoe or whatever her name is, she's a boorish idiot but nothing is more American than that. I'll gladly vote for Trump next year but when I hear people say the same thing about him being a loudmouthed moron, I can only say what I say about her champs get the right to be scoundrels. That's always been the way. Ali, Ruth, and many others were total jagoffs in real life. Most elites in society are whacks. In most other countries, Rapinoe would be cooking some dude's meal or being thrown off of a roof or ne imprisoned or worse for running her mouth. Nope, here she's playing soccer and kicking butt. U-S-A!!!!!

As for the pay. These ladies couldn't beat the WPIAL boys champs. If you want to field a decent men's team you need to pull athletes from the other sport$. That isn't an issue for the women. These ladies will make many times what the men will in endorsements and somehow, I doubt they'll bitch about cosmic fairness when they cash those checks.

Women athletes are just as stupid as their Male counterparts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT