ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are you watching on TV

Started watching the Staircase last week and I’ve been sucked in, Very well done documentary. I don’t know, maybe it is just me but season two of Westworld has disappointed me for some reason.
I continue with Westworld, but man, they make it confusing. Half the time I'm just scratching my head.

I continue with Westworld, but man, they make it confusing. Half the time I'm just scratching my head.

I had the same reaction you did and stopped watching after the second episode this season. The show's just OK. It doesn't have as much to say as the creators and writers think it does. They try to make up for it using cryptic, open-ended dialogue and beautiful cinematography.

Just curious - why aren't you a fan of Netflix?

I'm a huge fan of Netflix. Much of their original stuff is top notch and it introduced me to a slew of English series that are fantastic.

If you haven't already...………

Peaky Blinders
Broadchurch
Happy Valley
Safe

For starters

Reactions: pitt-girl
The Americans ended its flawless run a few weeks ago. I'll miss it. I think Atlanta's second season just ended, that was also excellent. I have no idea what the process is for writing that show, but the surrealism/absurdism make it one of the funniest shows I've seen all year even though it's not a comedy per se. They're both on FX, not sure if that counts as basic cable.

The Good Place was on NBC and was great.

Re-watching The Americans with the missus. Nearly through Season 3. Interesting to re-watch, after seeing how it all turned out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT