ADVERTISEMENT

Per Craig Meyer's Twitter...

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016

- If I had to read into this, it sounds like they're going after someone (or multiple people) who's in the tournament, which explains the slow start to the process. This means that the list could involve Dan Hurley (presumably the front-runner), Charleston's Earl Grant, possibly Mussleman or Oltzberger, AND...
LittleSmugJellyfish-size_restricted.gif

- This probably also means that they've moved on from Maata, given that he's been linked to Georgia and he's not in the tourney right now. He went as far to say on Twitter that Matta to Pitt is quite unlikely now.
- He also mentioned that he hasn't heard Ron Sanchez's name come up yet, aside from fans online.
- Finally, he stated that Pitt should have this wrapped up before the end of March. Only way it'd go into April is if someone made a huge run to the Final Four.

- If I had to read into this, it sounds like they're going after someone (or multiple people) who's in the tournament, which explains the slow start to the process. This means that the list could involve Dan Hurley (presumably the front-runner), Charleston's Earl Grant, possibly Mussleman or Oltzberger, AND...
LittleSmugJellyfish-size_restricted.gif

- This probably also means that they've moved on from Maata, given that he's been linked to Georgia and he's not in the tourney right now. He went as far to say on Twitter that Matta to Pitt is quite unlikely now.
- He also mentioned that he hasn't heard Ron Sanchez's name come up yet, aside from fans online.
- Finally, he stated that Pitt should have this wrapped up before the end of March. Only way it'd go into April is if someone made a huge run to the Final Four.
Sounds like the target is currently coaching a mid-major tourney team that isn’t expected to make it past the first weekend.

I don’t think this is a job for an assistant like a Sanchez. It’s going to take a proven program builder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT