ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett Steelers divorce

The NFL is a business, but that account of the Steelers / Tomlin’s actions is sleazy

If that is the way it went down, I don’t think Kenny had a choice but to ask for a divorce.
One of the people is consistently rated by his own players as one of the most respected coaches in the NFL. Meanwhile this guy's source, Benny Trickett, had his own teammates lobbying another QB to take his spot.

I sent this same tweet out to my Steelers fan family members.....they were in denial or indifferent. Honestly I realized that Kenny Pickett was of little importance to the average Steelers fan because they never got a chance in my opinion to see what he was actually capable of. I actually figured this is more or less exactly how it went down, but I've made my peace with it. Guess Big Ben had them by the nuts for so long they forgot what it was like to try to develop a young QB? Let's go Eagles!

In case there was any question about who the "trusted source" of the story was.

NEWSFormer Steelers QB Kenny Pickett "Wilted In The Face Of Competition" After Big Time Signing

Article published 7 hours ago. These 🍆heads in Pittsburgh have nothing better to do. It's sad man. Dude has been an Eagle for weeks. He starts off season workouts with his new team on the 16th and some people in PGH are still on his 🥜 s.

I assume you figured what you're implying is fairly obvious but it actually isn't. Say what you're trying to say.

The source also knows which number Kenny is going to wear next season.

Just find it funny how many people bash the Steelers for "lying" and "pushing their narrative to the media" and taking the opposite side as the gospel truth because that's what they want to hear.

Just find it funny how many people bash the Steelers for "lying" and "pushing their narrative to the media" and taking the opposite side as the gospel truth because that's what they want to hear.
Oh okay I get what you're saying here. I guess their is some logic to your thinking. I guess my logic is the "story" the Steelers told made absolutely no sense what so ever, painted Pickett as an emotional lunatic just days after claiming he was open to the Wilson signing and welcomed the competition. I got a problem with people trying to feed my dog crap and calling it cake. I would have never lasted in the Matrix my brain doesn't process bull 💩 very well.

Reactions: gary2

Are you suggesting that Pickett is lying?

The mediocre Mike apologists can’t accept that Tomlin iisnt the straight shooter he’s made out to be.

This story is as logical as any. Wilson is a prima Donna and it’s doubtful he’d go to be a back up or have to compete for the starter position anywhere

Picket was ok competing for the staring job and then something changed

The Steelers were reportedly interested in fields well before they signed Wilson. They didn’t take long to pulll the trigger either

As i said. It’s a business The Steelers have every right to go in a different direction than KP. It’s the yinzers who are butt hurt that made a business decision for himself when he saw the handwriting on the wall.

Are the same people that said Pickett didn't want to compete for the starting position saying the same thing about Wilson? I hope the move blows up on the team and Wilson causes the same problems that made his former team want to cut him and eat 80 million in salary.

You reap what you sow.

The mediocre Mike apologists can’t accept that Tomlin iisnt the straight shooter he’s made out to be.

This story is as logical as any. Wilson is a prima Donna and it’s doubtful he’d go to be a back up or have to compete for the starter position anywhere

Picket was ok competing for the staring job and then something changed

The Steelers were reportedly interested in fields well before they signed Wilson. They didn’t take long to pulll the trigger either

As i said. It’s a business The Steelers have every right to go in a different direction than KP. It’s the yinzers who are butt hurt that made a business decision for himself when he saw the handwriting on the wall.
KP can leave when the Steelers and their fans say he can leave. Until then, he should accept what is handed to him.

One of the people is consistently rated by his own players as one of the most respected coaches in the NFL. Meanwhile this guy's source, Benny Trickett, had his own teammates lobbying another QB to take his spot.
Seems like a nonsense “rating.”

Watched and listened to KP during his Pitt years and he always handled himself in a professional manner even as a young adult. So I don't feel that he would have changed as a person, which leads to the Steelers being less than transparent (even deceitful) when dealing with both KP and Rodulph.
Never wanted KP drafted by the Steelers bc the team needed so many holes filled that I felt he would be the fall guy. Now I just have a really bad distaste for the way the Steeler organization operates. It may be a business but damn be honest. I feel that if you treat your employees this way you will never build they type of "family" environment that is necessary (IMO) to win at the highest levels, you just merely exist. Very disappointed.

There's nothing groundbreaking in this maybe true, maybe not story. These moves happen every single year in the NFL and no one cries about teams "lying". It's comical at this point. If Pickett was good enough, they never sign Wilson and he never asks for a trade.
It’s basically the same thing we’ve heard for weeks

The only thing new to me was Russell’s drama and demands and the Giants

I feel like Rudolph’s contract, Pickett being “notified” by social media etc we’ve heard more than once.

Pretty crappy situation

Reactions: 303vND
Watched and listened to KP during his Pitt years and he always handled himself in a professional manner even as a young adult. So I don't feel that he would have changed as a person, which leads to the Steelers being less than transparent (even deceitful) when dealing with both KP and Rodulph.
Never wanted KP drafted by the Steelers bc the team needed so many holes filled that I felt he would be the fall guy. Now I just have a really bad distaste for the way the Steeler organization operates. It may be a business but damn be honest. I feel that if you treat your employees this way you will never build they type of "family" environment that is necessary (IMO) to win at the highest levels, you just merely exist. Very disappointed.
Agree

And if true I expect Russell to not exactly mesh well with locker room . But I’ll wait and see.

But when Pickett was drafted I said the team overall isn’t great at all and you’d have to be delusional to think otherwise. Fall guy for sure

Reactions: 303vND
The Steelers made a business decision, so did Pickett. I think KP knew it was a competition whether against Russ or Mason. But Wilson wasn’t signing if there was even a hint of that. Whether the timeline is correct or not, the local media fanboys like Dulac, Bouchette, Kobaly, Yohe etc that fluff Tomlin and the Steelers no matter what could have shown an ounce of professionalism in how they reported it. Instead they attacked the kid’s character and called him a punk, bitch, and other stuff they would never in a million years have the balls to say to his face.

The Steelers made a business decision, so did Pickett. I think KP knew it was a competition whether against Russ or Mason. But Wilson wasn’t signing if there was even a hint of that. Whether the timeline is correct or not, the local media fanboys like Dulac, Bouchette, Kobaly, Yohe etc that fluff Tomlin and the Steelers no matter what could have shown an ounce of professionalism in how they reported it. Instead they attacked the kid’s character and called him a punk, bitch, and other stuff they would never in a million years have the balls to say to his face.
A basic smear campaign implemented by the Steelers State Media - like I said, Putin would be impressed.

Oh okay I get what you're saying here. I guess their is some logic to your thinking. I guess my logic is the "story" the Steelers told made absolutely no sense what so ever, painted Pickett as an emotional lunatic just days after claiming he was open to the Wilson signing and welcomed the competition. I got a problem with people trying to feed my dog crap and calling it cake. I would have never lasted in the Matrix my brain doesn't process bull 💩 very well.
They are not a Pitt fan, they just troll our board. Hopefully, that helps explain it.

Are you suggesting that Pickett is lying?
I'm suggesting that it's just as likely to be happening as there is plenty of reporting with sources saying no promises were made and there would be competition, or that Wilson was going to have the advantage in the competition. But people are so quick to jump on the confirmation bias train as soon as possible.

Personally I find it hard to believe that the most respected players' coach of the last decade outright lied to Pickett. I do believe the stories that he said that Wilson would have the edge in a competition for starter and Pickett would have to earn his starting job back (or something to that effect). Pickett was probably offended and pissed that it wasn't an even competition or that he wasn't going to be competing against a known commodity in Rudolph. I can't really say that I'd blame him or that I'd have done anything differently in that situation, but I wish he would have stuck around so we could see what he can do under a real coordinator (if that's what the Steelers have now).

They want continued access and they tried to out do each other on who can do daddy most proud. Make no mistake, the Steelers directed the negative storyline against KP. The shills got the message out and kept pushing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT