ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett

That worked last year saving the Steelers season with Rudolph.
Saved the season? Did you pay attention? If trubisky never played, the season would have never needed saved. I suppose you can put blame on Kenny for his injuries. There would at least be something tangible, albeit weak rationale, to blame Kenny for. His winning % in games he started and finished was an an elite level.

Agree with this.
Me too. I agree with the first 90% of it. Except his very last line is projection. All that we know is that he wasn’t good enough. Although he was good enough to win plenty of games.

"Apparently, he still isn’t as he’s in very real danger of sliding to QB3 in Philly." But really he isn't. Media needs a story to be honest. If you really wanna know read up on how Tanner looked yesterday when given some looks with the second team.....I'll give you a hint....it was horrible. Once the real season starts none of this will be brought up again. Also in the first preseason game he went 6 for 16 with a passer rating of like 48....so yeah.....stop letting the biased media paint your narrative. They work for clicks and intentionally leave out details that weaken their narrative.
Not even sure it was real media. Maybe it was, but it was bloggers and fan sites and maybe at the most one media guy who probably needed a hot take for clicks and attention.

Let’s be honest here. The fan sites wouldn’t even be saying this stuff if they had no knowledge of the Pittsburgh situation.

The Head Coach said that Pickett didn’t miss one read or make one mistake on Friday night.

You can disagree all you want, it probably just means you only focused in on the people who were only blaming Pickett while ignoring those upset with the OL, OL coach, and most importantly with Tomlin.
I read everything and listen to everyone. Kenny is 100% right. The media and yinzer nation completely ignored the fact that Canada and the offensive personnel were a huge part of the problem. And they ignored what Kenny did after Canada was fired.

Reactions: KennyHeisman8
The players wouldn't care as long as they get paid. But who exactly did you want the Steelers to spend on money on? Kirk Cousins was about the only quality option out there but is coming off a major injury. Was a guy like Baker Mayfield at $33 million per year on a long-ter deal--more since they would've had to sign him away from Tampa Bay--a better investment than taking chance on two cheap QBs?
No Actually I wanted the to have some 🥜 quiet up the noise admit that they didn't adequately support their first round quarterback and do what they said they were going to do and get better coaches and players around him. Year 1 Pickett showed enough to warrant a clean slate at year 3 instead of all this pole position BS and players running to the media like 😼to stab a teammate in the back. Truth be told players like Tomlin but don't respect him. This goes all the way back to Ben doing whatever the hell he wanted, multiple players quitting on him, getting pulled over for getting high on McKnight road, people goin on IG live in the locker room. He acts more like a peer than a coach. I use to resent when people said that when I used to root for the Steelers, but a Tomlin run team will not win a Superbowl ever again. Book it.

I read everything and listen to everyone. Kenny is 100% right. The media and yinzer nation completely ignored the fact that Canada and the offensive personnel were a huge part of the problem. And they ignored what Kenny did after Canada was fired.
Dude, you are trying way too hard to defend him. Why?? Just accept he is not a good NFL QB.

Dude, you are trying way too hard to defend him. Why?? Just accept he is not a good NFL QB.
You’ve asked me once in this thread and responded. Do I need to explain again? Lol.

I’ll add to my previous response to you though. Put him in an average situation, not the worst situation in modern NFL history, let’s see the performance, and then judge.

You asked why I defend him, just as I was mocked for defending Capel. I recognize horrendous job conditions when I see them.

You’re in sales. What if you had terrible products and services to push, with zero support from leadership and colleagues, and everyone on Linked In was piling on saying that you aren’t a good sales rep. Wouldn’t be fair would it? Wouldn’t you deserve a shot with a reputable company before anyone cast judgement?

You’ve asked me once in this thread and responded. Do I need to explain again? Lol.

I’ll add to my previous response to you though. Put him in an average situation, not the worst situation in modern NFL history, let’s see the performance, and then judge.

You asked why I defend him, just as I was mocked for defending Capel. I recognize horrendous job conditions when I see them.

You’re in sales. What if you had terrible products and services to push, with zero support from leadership and colleagues, and everyone on Linked In was piling on saying that you aren’t a good sales rep. Wouldn’t be fair would it? Wouldn’t you deserve a shot with a reputable company before anyone cast judgement?
Great analogy.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

Unfortunately.......I didn't see the physical talent, the ability to make quick reads and what is most disturbing, I didn't see many teammates come to his defense. Just too much smoke.

Maybe he is the bad product.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ

I’m reluctant to get involved in this beating the dead horse subject but I just wanted to add to your most excellent comments by saying I think we all can agree that KP is clearly NOT a franchise Qb. Which in my opinion is a HOF level guy. Those are few and far between. At any given time there’s only a few playing

However the jury is still out whether or not you can win a Super Bowl with him You don’t need a franchise qb to win superbowls if the team around them is pretty good The data is inconclusive on that question to be fair

Unfortunately.......I didn't see the physical talent, the ability to make quick reads and what is most disturbing, I didn't see many teammates come to his defense. Just too much smoke.

Maybe he is the bad product. But I’m not dealing in absolutes like you and others are. And as with any 1st and 2nd year guy, maybe his development in making quick reads would come faster under better leadership and with better personnel?

And yet he made the plays needed in crunch time to win games with a crappy supporting staff. He may well not be an above the line NFL qb. But I really don’t know how anyone can objectively come to that conclusion given the limited data available I mean it’s not like we’ve had four years of data to assess the issue :cool:

He was done dirty by the Stillers, and that’s a shame. But the biggest issue is, he never should have been drafted in the first round, especially by a highly flawed offensive team that needed immediate help at QB.
Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner. It's why I wished they never drafted him. It was the worst possible situation for him.

Tomlin was handed Ben and essentially ignored the QB position for 16 years. It's on him.

And yet he made the plays needed in crunch time to win games with a crappy supporting staff. He may well not be an above the line NFL qb. But I really don’t know how anyone can objectively come to that conclusion given the limited data available I mean it’s not like we’ve had four years of data to assess the issue :cool:
👀

Saved the season? Did you pay attention? If trubisky never played, the season would have never needed saved. I suppose you can put blame on Kenny for his injuries. There would at least be something tangible, albeit weak rationale, to blame Kenny for. His winning % in games he started and finished was an an elite level.
In your response, you wrote, "the season would have never needed saved." So you admit the season was saved. By who???? Pickett??? No, he never saw action at the end. Trubisky??? You yourself said if he never played, the season would have never needed SAVED. So who saved the season???? Duh.

• Haha
Kenny demanded to be traded as soon as the Stillers signed Wilson, so that wasn’t an option.

There’s no question that KP was thrust into a bad situation with the Stillers. But he also wasn’t up to the task. Apparently, he still isn’t as he’s in very real danger of sliding to QB3 in Philly.

He was done dirty by the Stillers, and that’s a shame. But the biggest issue is, he never should have been drafted in the first round, especially by a highly flawed offensive team that needed immediate help at QB. He doesn’t have that level of talent. He has struggled and continues to struggle. Unlikely that he’s ever an NFL QB1 again. No matter what happens with the Steelers this year, he wouldn’t have changed it any for the better.
Rookies under contract can’t make trade demands
So let’s dispatch of that silly narrative .
The simpler answer is Wilson demanded Kenny was traded to sign with the stillers for cheap ..

Here’s an example of armchair quarterbacks irresponsibly making comments:

Tell me you didn’t watch the game without telling me you didn’t watch the game! But typical yinzers will pick up on this, and additional blue check mark dolts who think their opinion is important will repeat it. And before you know it, around town everything will be Russ’ fault.

I happen to be one who prefers Fields in this mess, but the above editorial from schlereth stinks.

Pat Bostick made some plays in crunch time to beat WVU and ND. Didn't make him even an average starting college QB.

Except that is again the stiller spin narrative .
Kenny had zero power or leverage since he’s under contract and was traded to another team he’s going to compete . So scratch that nonsense using logic .
Wilson did
It’s also why Mason wasn’t resigned .

Rookies under contract can’t make trade demands
So let’s dispatch of that silly narrative .
The simpler answer is Wilson demanded Kenny was traded to sign with the stillers for cheap ..
Straight from the Q'anon sports page.
Congratulations, you've completely jumped the shark.

This soap opera will play out in time. KP will be a FA in two years and will have the opportunity to sign anywhere and seize their #1 QB job. He currently is on a team with legitimate SB aspirations, with a competent OLine and OC. How long before his superior talent overtakes Jalen Hurts??

Anyone care to wager that either of those scenarios will actually happen??
The stars aligned for KP his senior year here and he made the most of it, achieving a #1 draft pick status and a multi million dollar rookie contract. He showed he could play in the NFL, but not at an elite level for an extended period of time. He struggled to stay healthy, struggled to quickly go through his progressions, struggled with the ball sailing on him, struggled with pocket presence. Yet despite all of this, he won games as the Steelers QB.

That fact should guarantee him a long career in the NFL, but in a secondary role. No shame in that. He'll provide a great living for himself and his family. This controversy is more about tribal alliances of fans. Steeler lovers vs. Steeler haters. Tomlin lovers vs. Tomlin haters. Pitt fans vs PedState/WVU fans in Steeler nation.

In that never ending battle, KP is just a pawn. If he weren't a former successful Pitt QB, there wouldn't be a single thread here bemoaning his career.

I understand those going out of their way to defend Kenny in some respects. If he missed the read and that one huge overthrow, it would the topic of every talkshow host and column in town. But somehow Justin Fields got a pass. I am not sure if Kenny burned bridges, or if it was truly a Nitter/Hoopie vs Pitt thing. But this relationship ended poorly and abruptly.

Pat Bostick made some plays in crunch time to beat WVU and ND. Didn't make him even an average starting college QB.
i dont know man, i dont think he did. i remember both of those games well and outside of the 4th attempt on a lob pass to Baldwin, that was it. Bostick did not make one play against wvu, not one. it was all Shady and the defense.

LIke i said, the ND game, we called a lob pass to baldwin 4 times ina row and it took the 4th time to complete. im sure bostick is a great ambassador of pitt and all but he deserves ZERO Credit with either of those wins. i mean NONE, as in zilch. he's lucky they allowed him on the bus back from morgantown

Mason who has been on the team for 5-6 years and was a 3rd rounder ?
After the backup shit the bed
Yeah- that’s my point
I’d prefer to believe what was reported by multiple sources.

This soap opera will play out in time. KP will be a FA in two years and will have the opportunity to sign anywhere and seize their #1 QB job. He currently is on a team with legitimate SB aspirations, with a competent OLine and OC. How long before his superior talent overtakes Jalen Hurts??

The stars aligned for KP his senior year here and he made the most of it, achieving a #1 draft pick status and a multi million dollar rookie contract. He showed he could play in the NFL, but not at an elite level for an extended period of time. He struggled to stay healthy, struggled to quickly go through his progressions, struggled with the ball sailing on him, struggled with pocket presence. Yet despite all of this, he won games as the Steelers QB.

That fact should guarantee him a long career in the NFL, but in a secondary role. No shame in that. He'll provide a great living for himself and his family. This controversy is more about tribal alliances of fans. Steeler lovers vs. Steeler haters. Tomlin lovers vs. Tomlin haters. Pitt fans vs PedState/WVU fans in Steeler nation.

In that never ending battle, KP is just a pawn. If he weren't a former successful Pitt QB, there wouldn't be a single thread here bemoaning his career.
Can’t be stated any better than this. Particularly this:

In that never ending battle, KP is just a pawn.

Reactions: Burgh15

damn Freeport, great post.

doubt KP plays much but it's good to see him on a roster that will actually have NFL Caliber talent unlike pittsburgh with a coaching staff that deserves to be there and knows what they are doing.

lick your wounds for a year or two, learn the game of professional football, UNLEARN everything that this abortion of a coaching staff taught you and he'll get another shot for sure..

Last edited:
lick your wounds for a year or two, learn the game of professional football, UNLEARN everything that this abortion of a coaching staff taught you and he'll get another shot for sure..
Problem is a lot of those habits go back to college as well. It is who he is as a QB. That’s not saying he can’t have a long career.

i dont know man, i dont think he did. i remember both of those games well and outside of the 4th attempt on a lob pass to Baldwin, that was it. Bostick did not make one play against wvu, not one. it was all Shady and the defense.

LIke i said, the ND game, we called a lob pass to baldwin 4 times ina row and it took the 4th time to complete. im sure bostick is a great ambassador of pitt and all but he deserves ZERO Credit with either of those wins. i mean NONE, as in zilch. he's lucky they allowed him on the bus back from morgantown
I have to take issue with this. I was at the WVU game and I distinctly recall the harassment I took from the hoopies that surrounded me when Pat embellished a hit (at least that's what the eer fans proclaimed) that got us in FG position to close the half. If that's not making a play I don't know what is.

I may have been slightly intoxicated, so If I'm misremembering, please excuse.

Except that is again the stiller spin narrative .
Kenny had zero power or leverage since he’s under contract and was traded to another team he’s going to compete . So scratch that nonsense using logic .
Wilson did
It’s also why Mason wasn’t resigned .
Did Kenny lie too? Was he in on it?

"I just thought it was time," Pickett told the media during Monday's introductory press conference in Philadelphia. "It just felt like it was time from the things that transpired and wanted to get a chance to go somewhere else and continue to grow my career. And the fact that it's in Philly, the place that I grew up, found a love for the game here, with a great coaching staff, great players."

Did Kenny lie too? Was he in on it?

"I just thought it was time," Pickett told the media during Monday's introductory press conference in Philadelphia. "It just felt like it was time from the things that transpired and wanted to get a chance to go somewhere else and continue to grow my career. And the fact that it's in Philly, the place that I grew up, found a love for the game here, with a great coaching staff, great players."

He tapped out, I've been saying it for months. His feeling were hurt and he didn't think he could complete with Wilson.

I happened to see Zelda’s compliment of you for your post so I was expecting something good. But I stopped reading at “superior talent”. C’mon man. Who here says Kenny has superior talent? Stop with straw man takes.

I understand those going out of their way to defend Kenny in some respects. If he missed the read and that one huge overthrow, it would the topic of every talkshow host and column in town. But somehow Justin Fields got a pass. I am not sure if Kenny burned bridges, or if it was truly a Nitter/Hoopie vs Pitt thing. But this relationship ended poorly and abruptly.
As Jim Rome says, “rack him”.

That’s a good take.

I have to take issue with this. I was at the WVU game and I distinctly recall the harassment I took from the hoopies that surrounded me when Pat embellished a hit (at least that's what the eer fans proclaimed) that got us in FG position to close the half. If that's not making a play I don't know what is.

I may have been slightly intoxicated, so If I'm misremembering, please excuse.
Ummm....with all the calls that went their way, including two absolutely phantom holding calls that took a TD and a key 1st down off of the board.....I don't really think they have room to talk.

damn Freeport, great post.

doubt KP plays much but it's good to see him on a roster that will actually have NFL Caliber talent unlike pittsburgh with a coaching staff that deserves to be there and knows what they are doing.

I appear to be more analytical than some here. Heck maybe it’s just more patience. And maybe even too much patience. Sam Darnold is in Minnesota with good talent. I think he’s going into year 7 now? I would assume most people wrote him off a long time ago and I understand that. But the guy had 1st round pedigree. People who are paid a lot of money to evaluate talent believed in him and invested in him. I refuse to believe that players turn out to be so bad in an instant when they had that kind of pedigree. In his case he went to the QB killing Jets and then went to Carolina. This now is the season when he may finally get to show who he is. Minnesota appears to be a good situation for any QB. It’s actually too bad he’s there, because when their starter went down, and if Darnold wasn’t there, the Eagles could have turned that low draft pick they gave up for Kenny and traded him to a higher pick from the Vikings. Then we all could have seen Kenny in a real offense and maybe put this issue to bed. That’s all most of us want to see. I don’t care about his career. I just want to see if he was one of the Tatoinne cantina of Star Wars freaks that was the steeler offense, or if he just happened to walk into it and get swallowed up in the cess pool.

This! Every knucklehead on Twitter would have a clip of that over throw and would be tweeting how bad Pickett is on hitting the target. But yeah, radio silence on Fields. I think it truly is a Nitter/Hoopie thing, plus some weird Steeler fans as well.

Although I think a couple more throws like that and Twitter may light up Fields too.

This! Every knucklehead on Twitter would have a clip of that over throw and would be tweeting how bad Pickett is on hitting the target. But yeah, radio silence on Fields. I think it truly is a Nitter/Hoopie thing, plus some weird Steeler fans as well.

Although I think a couple more throws like that and Twitter may light up Fields too.
Whether it was Pickett or Fields, we should all really be talking about that route and the receiver slowing up on the play.

• Haha
That’s a bingo. You and Owt nailed it.

About Fields, I’ve been intrigued by him all along. Would love to see him take the next step here. My entire life, for whatever reason I avoid NFC North football. It just doesn’t interest me. So I never watched him with the Bears, and was surprised that he just didn’t look like a serviceable QB the other night. It wasn’t like Russell where there was no protection or no WR’s getting into their routes. He just appears to have a strong arm and legs but nothing else. Really hoping it was just a cumulative thing with everything else and a small sample size with backups in preseason. But our backups vs their backups were a bit better than our starters vs theirs. He should have showed a glimpse of something. Instead there’s more doubts.

Some of that was on the receiver. A better one makes that play. The throw was just on the wrong side of perfect. Not a 10 out of 10, but maybe a 6 out of 10. But with Kenny last year, we saw and heard every missed throw put under a magnifying glass. Perfect example was that one slant Pickett missed that should have gone for a TD at an important moment of the game. Maybe someone recalls the one. Kenny put it in an area where it should have been but missed by about a foot and the play died. But the receiver didn’t take his route vertical enough. It wasn’t on Kenny but to yinzers and many in the media, it was a missed throw that was talked about for a week.

I remember when the same thing happened to Ben and he said his receiver didn’t get vertical enough and everyone took his side, because it was Ben. But the receiver was AB and he took huge offense to it and it led to a little squabble between AB and Ben. But that who Ben was. The only time Ben took blame for anything is when it was blatantly obvious to everyone in the nation that it wasn’t Ben’s fault. Kenny didn’t throw his receiver under the bus and took the responsibility.

I happened to see Zelda’s compliment of you for your post so I was expecting something good. But I stopped reading at “superior talent”. C’mon man. Who here says Kenny has superior talent? Stop with straw man takes.
LOL, That was aimed at the KP martyrdom advocates. Hyperbole for effect.
This 11 page KP obituary may be a Lair record.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT