ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett

Rookie outperformed him in second game.

And the fact Wilson and Fields stinking it up doesn’t make KP any better.
Kenny played with backups against the Pats first team defensive but let's not let rationale and facts get in the way. And yes...we were led to believe that the Steelers had "UPGRADED" their quarterback room...looks like they just changed the toilet seat.

Kenny played with backups against the Pats first team defensive but let's not let rationale and facts get in the way. And yes...we were led to believe that the Steelers had "UPGRADED" their quarterback room...looks like they just changed the toilet seat.
Yeah, KP well on his way to Canton!!
Just a late bloomer.

They’re trapped by Tomlins penchant for finishing around.500.

Need a top 5 draft position to reset the QB room.
The past two drafts were solid but without a franchise QB it does no good
The sad thing is....looking forward, there is not a really good QB class the next 2 years unless some guys emerge.

They’re trapped by Tomlins penchant for finishing around.500.

Need a top 5 draft position to reset the QB room.
The past two drafts were solid but without a franchise QB it does no good
Don’t disagree but I’m not sure a franchise qb would have made a difference with this team the last two years. He’d have been running for his life and throwing to stiffs with an OC that’s clueless

Even now the OL appears to be improved but despite all the “talent” Pickens has he’s not shown he’s a complete receiver. Yes he makes circus catches but you can’t win on the occasional circus catch

Reactions: 303vND
How many offensive coordinators, head coaches, and teams will Kenny have to go through before those unable to acknowledge that his spin-moves in the pocket into sacks and being scared to throw the ball downfield render him not a quality NFL QB?

Rookie outperformed him in second game.

And the fact Wilson and Fields stinking it up doesn’t make KP any better.
Let me repeat -
Kenny has two more years on a rookie deal
Fields is due a 5th year option next year .
Fields in no way is an upgrade over Kenny
Wilson may not be either :
Stillers could have also signed Mason cheaply on a multiple year contract .
They completely botched this

Let me repeat -
They could have done all those things, but they didn't botch it. They were, at best, stuck in neutral if they stayed status quo. Upside was another 9-8 type season with a first-round playoff loss. Upside with Wilson is he has one more good year and can get them a playoff win. Upside of Fields was everything clicked and he began to show why he was a high draft pick.

Worst-case scenario is they're mediocre. Best-case downside is they're real bad and get a good prospect in the draft. Either way, they're trying something different rather than waste time and by treading water with Pickett and Rudolph.

Let me repeat -
Unfortunately, not sure what happened, but something happened. The marriage ran its course and Kenny wanted out as much as the Steelers wanted him out. Maybe Tomlin is racist, I dunno.

I am not one who tries to play factual twister in defending Kenny Pickett like some of you do. But that pass that Justin Fields threw 15 yards over the head of a WR for a sure TD and this misread below, would have all the anti Pickett torches and pitchforks from media and fans (Nitters and Hoopies) would be deafening. So yeah in this regard, Kenny got a bad deal.

We will just hope the second competely broken bears qb works better -but then he’s due $25 mil next season. As a backup currently who can’t score points or sustain drives
Brilliant
They declined Fields option in like the beginning of May. Who really cares if the backup QB stays or goes anyway? They're a dime a dozen.

KP wanted out and asked for a trade and the Steelers, as they always do, honored that request.

How many offensive coordinators, head coaches, and teams will Kenny have to go through before those unable to acknowledge that his spin-moves in the pocket into sacks and being scared to throw the ball downfield render him not a quality NFL QB?
He's only been through one full time and another he's just starting with - so I'm going to take a wait and see approach.

Kenny was under contract - he didn’t have that power .
You’re incorrect
About what? He requested a trade. Correct.
Steelers accommodated him and traded him.
They got more for him than they would have with him sitting a year or worse regressing further.

I am not one who tries to play factual twister in defending Kenny Pickett like some of you do. But that pass that Justin Fields threw 15 yards over the head of a WR for a sure TD and this misread below, would have all the anti Pickett torches and pitchforks from media and fans (Nitters and Hoopies) would be deafening. So yeah in this regard, Kenny got a bad deal.

Receiver was running a post - all fields needed was to if anything over lead him with some air under the ball.
Instead , as you noted - he rocket launchered a high pass 8 yards behind the route .

This is what fields is and likely always will be . He’s a faster version of Jamarcus Russell

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
About what? He requested a trade. Correct.
Steelers accommodated him and traded him.
They got more for him than they would have with him sitting a year or worse regressing further.
I really like Payton Willis , since I have a NCSU degree -
But a backup MLB isn’t equal value
So - instead we have not 1 but 2. One year rental QBs- so we turn over the entire room again next year .
Its idiotic

Gee, you’re wrong! Let me repeat you’re wrong! 😂
Yeah - what’s his option contract due for next season ?
Because hint he’s UFA since we declined the option /
So - spoiler alert - the stillers even invest more money and years guanteed or he’s gone .

Hint -
Two 1 year rental qbs instead of anything else with either Kenny (cheaper than fields ) or Mason- only slightly more expensive than fields

So - instead we have not 1 but 2. One year rental QBs- so we turn over the entire room again next year .
Its idiotic
They're setting Wilson up to be in a 3-man rotation at linebacker and he'll probably see a lot of action on passing downs as the season progresses.

Resting the QB room isn't a bad thing. If Wilson and Fields both stink this year, good, move on. If Wilson plays well, re-sign him and either keep Fields or find another backup. So much better than wasting seasons away waiting for a guy who is not the answer to continue to show you he isn't the answer.

Reactions: FreeportPanther
Yeah - what’s his option contract due for next season ?
Because hint he’s UFA since we declined the option /
So - spoiler alert - the stillers even invest more money and years guanteed or he’s gone .

Hint -
Two 1 year rental qbs instead of anything else with either Kenny (cheaper than fields ) or Mason- only slightly more expensive than fields
Hint: The Steelers are under NO obligation to sign either of these guys after the season.
So your entire premise is Kaput! If both fail, then they start fresh looking for a serviceable QB.
Another Hint: No Worse Off than starting over after KP or Rudolph continued proving they are NOT NFL starting QB's.

Bluster all you want, but, spoiler alert, You're floundering!

Reactions: Burgh15
Its idiotic
LOL, Cleanup on Aisle 2!

The point was an unhappy Pickett requested to be traded. The Steelers, upon evaluating his future, decided to accommodate him and at least got something of value in return.

The Steelers are auditioning a couple of NFL QB's, one with a SB ring, and the other a gifted athlete who is still figuring it out. If they fail, we move on, just like we would had Pickett and Rudolph continued on their glide path to the ground.

Just gracefully take the L and move on.

Reactions: Burgh15

Add the multiple passes that went through the hands of defenders.

They haven't come close to upgrading the QB position, but as long as Cam's happy it's all good.

Reactions: 303vND
Unfortunately, not sure what happened, but something happened. The marriage ran its course and Kenny wanted out as much as the Steelers wanted him out. Maybe Tomlin is racist, I dunno.

I think more happened than what was reported on the whole Pickett not dressing when he was injured to back-up Rudolph. And then starting Rudolph in playoff game over Pickett. After that I think the relationship with Tomlin was irreparably damaged.

Reactions: FireballZ
That's what I lean toward.

The drafting has sucked.

Tomlin sucks.

The o line has sucked.

The receivers suck.

The quarterbacks - I am talking abiut every single one we've been graced with since 2020 - have all sucked.

The tight end sucks.

Najee mostly sucks.

Canada sucked.

Smith looked like he sucks.

The coaching/development has sucked.

Other than that, I am optimistic.
And yet people expect more out of the QB position.

Incredible.

The last few drafts *seem* good, but Jones was awful last night and I've not exactly heard reports of the other two linemen dominating. Obviously they could all three end up being Pro Bowlers; I'm only saying nothing has been written in ink yet other than Jones mostly holding his own last season.

Pickens has a unique skillset, but I don't consider him a #1 receiver at all. He needs a complement, and we don't seem to have one at the moment.

Defense should be fine, yeah. But I thought we were on the upswing with the rebuild... but these preseason games have me wondering if we've not even bottomed out yet.
Jones turned into Mason Cole for a night. Can’t blame Russ. I’m concerned about Broderick.

Jones turned into Mason Cole for a night. Can’t blame Russ. I’m concerned about Broderick.
yeah, brutal. wonder if he just truly hates playing RT and is there til Fautanu gets healthy. but very discouraging. Dan Moore cant play RT, obviously Jones cant do it. so its Fautanu or bust i guess..

You think Fields will be the QB? I definitely expect Wilson to get the nod. Unfortunately, if you gave Fields from now to the beginning of the season there's a chance he could be our 2nd best receiver, though... the room is looking that bad.
The room is that bad and yet only Johnson left it. The fact is there is no statistical significance between last years room and this years room.

Last edited:
I don't see Tomlin tolerating the (at least) two turnovers a game that are inevitably going to come with him. I mean, he is going to botch at least one snap per game; that much is given. And he is going to hit the DBs in the chest at least once or twice per game as well.

I could see a frustrating 1-3 start and the city turning on Wilson or something, with Fields taking over after that. But I don't think he'll be the guy initially.
Ugh

agree with you guys, obviously pickett wasnt the answer and the sooner you move on, the better. but these two clowns now, they arent the answer either. the popular justification of "but hey, they were cheap" doesnt make me feel any better about where we are at the qb spot and again, like most are saying, we are going to be in the same position next spring with a whole new qb room..

but hey, we are the stillers and players love tomlin so lets keep things status quo..

It's amazing to me that so many people can talk about how incompetent the Steelers are and how all their draft picks sucked without considering the possibility that taking one of the most-scrutinized "first QBs taken" ever was also a dumb move. Like he's the one singular guy they hit on and everyone around him just happens to suck.

Like, yeah.... Najee was a bad pick. Friermuth was a bad pick. So TF was Pickett!
Can’t disagree. But there were no QBs available to them at that moment in time, or since. They took their shot.

The room is that bad and yet you lay Johnson left it. The fact is there is no statistical significance between last years room and this years room.
I can’t understand the Johnson one with no backup.

Again, for me, I’m rooting for them to lose. I bought a damn Lamar Jackson shirt after Kenny left. I’ve never been a steeler fan and it was always mainly seeing far too many parallels with the fanbase and PSU..cult like.

The Kenny thing though completely turned me off though. I don’t think Kenny is high level but the way he was slandered by the team, media, and fanbase really pissed me off. We agree that he isn’t probably a top 10 qb, but the fact that all of a sudden everyone decided to blame him instead of Canada or anything else, and troglodytes like dulsc ran propaganda pieces for the Steelers, screw them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT