ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett

Just for reference, whether you realize it or not, you're in a thread about Kenny Pickett. Maybe your participating in a strawman argument without you realizing it, I don't know.

if you watch the video, the wr went to stop on the 5 and then started back running and didn't jump till he was past the 1. if you watch it, it's there. others in this thread have corroborated it. This isn't like some sort of opinion thing. they covered the play from 3 different angles. and if it was 8 yards over his head, it would've had to have sailed out of the end zone as he landed 5 yards deep. it didnt. but keep gaslighting and maybe you'll convince one person to not believe their own eyes.
Wait, are you telling me there wasn't ample conversation about the Steeler current QBs in this thread?

Your reading comprehension is bad. I said 8 feet, multiple times. Reposted if for you as well. He never stopped either, posting it multiple times doesn't make it true. Everything I've said is correct, while you keep twisting words. Do you even know what gaslighting is?

I get it, you saw a picture on the internet that showed the ball past the WR and looked close to his hand. You weren't swift enough to realize the guy had leaped 3ft in the air already, the ball was already past him. Guess what, if you went a couple more frames it would be lower.

Wait, are you telling me there wasn't ample conversation about the Steeler current QBs in this thread?

Your reading comprehension is bad. I said 8 feet, multiple times. Reposted if for you as well. He never stopped either, posting it multiple times doesn't make it true. Everything I've said is correct, while you keep twisting words. Do you even know what gaslighting is?

I get it, you saw a picture on the internet that showed the ball past the WR and looked close to his hand. You weren't swift enough to realize the guy had leaped 3ft in the air already, the ball was already past him. Guess what, if you went a couple more frames it would be lower.
I'm out saying that, I'm just saying it's a bunch of whataboutism. reminds me of politics.

several other people here have told you you're wrong.

and I created that picture from the game video. the same one that showed 3 different replays of that play. the third one showing the play just as I described it. if you disagree, that's fine.

Just for reference, whether you realize it or not, you're in a thread about Kenny Pickett. Maybe your participating in a strawman argument without you realizing it, I don't know.

if you watch the video, the wr went to stop on the 5 and then started back running and didn't jump till he was past the 1. if you watch it, it's there. others in this thread have corroborated it. This isn't like some sort of opinion thing. they covered the play from 3 different angles. and if it was 8 yards over his head, it would've had to have sailed out of the end zone as he landed 5 yards deep. it didnt. but keep gaslighting and maybe you'll convince one person to not believe their own eyes.

Come on. He jumped because it wasn't catchable. Dude didn't just learn the WR position yesterday. That is not how you throw that pass.

I'm out saying that, I'm just saying it's a bunch of whataboutism. reminds me of politics.

several other people here have told you you're wrong.

and I created that picture from the game video. the same one that showed 3 different replays of that play. the third one showing the play just as I described it. if you disagree, that's fine.

So you could have taken the screenshot a frame or too earlier when the ball was actually over the WR instead of behind him. You didn't, because it would have looked worse. I get it.

Arrivederci.

So you could have taken the screenshot a frame or too earlier when the ball was actually over the WR instead of behind him. You didn't, because it would have looked worse. I get it.

Arrivederci.
If I had only put that much thought into it lol. I pulled it from X and it was basically impossible to stop on a specific frame. Maybe if I was on a PC instead of a phone.

If I had only put that much thought into it lol. I pulled it from X and it was basically impossible to stop on a specific frame. Maybe if I was on a PC instead of a phone.
Maybe simply remain silent next time .
Pretend it’s children getting abused by a coach

Reactions: FireballZ
Hilarious that people are ready to pack in the entire season because of one overthrown pass, and a couple series where no one blocked in a freaking exhibition game.

Love this place!!

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Hilarious that people are ready to pack in the entire season because of one overthrown pass, and a couple series where no one blocked in a freaking exhibition game.

Love this place!!
a negative outlook on this upcoming season from steeler fans goes alot deeper than one overthrown pass and broderick jones proving he's a bust.

if you think this team is going to be good, bet on it. trust me, the books in vegas will give you great odds on them even going 8-9..

Love this place!!
Project much?

I see discussion that 8 quarters of preseason football leaves a lot to be desired from the QBs and offense in general.

Project much?

I see discussion that 8 quarters of preseason football leaves a lot to be desired from the QBs and offense in general.
miracles can happen but there is a reason we have the worst odds by far to win the AFC North.. of course as a die hard fan i'll watch and be excited for the season but expectations are low from anyone and everyone who follows the nfl and again, it goes far deeper than fields throwing a deep ball in a pre-season game..

now reports of jaylen warren missing a few weeks due to a hamstring and roman wilson missing some regular season games with his injury..

the hits keep coming..

Project much?

Yep
Just means expectations are very low .
But that poster still holds a torch for wanny - so , take his pom poms with a handful of salt

I would agree that you shouldnt place a lot of emphasis on preseason games. Having said that there's reason to have doubts about this team as listed below

1. Dan Moore appears to be the starting right tackle.
2. They will be starting a rookie center.
3. There literally is no one opposite of Pickens to demand the defenses attention.
4. Pickens makes the spectacular catches (generally closely guarded) but can he get open consistently and be a #1 WR.
5. Is the OL good enough to play ground and pound that Smith Employs?
6. Outside of Pickens, who scares the defense? Muth is a serviceable TE but hes no Kelce.
7. is the OL good enough to give two QBs time who hold on to the ball so long and took a ton of sacks with their prior teams?
8. Did they really find a corner to play opposite of Porter?
9. The DL is a question mark IMO.

For sure the LB corp appears to be much improved so that is a positive on Defense.

I would agree that you shouldnt place a lot of emphasis on preseason games. Having said that there's reason to have doubts about this team as listed below

3. There literally is no one opposite of Pickens to demand the defenses attention.
4. Pickens makes the spectacular catches (generally closely guarded) but can he get open consistently and be a #1 WR.
6. Outside of Pickens, who scares the defense? Muth is a serviceable TE but hes no Kelce.
7. is the OL good enough to give two QBs time who hold on to the ball so long and took a ton of sacks with their prior teams?

For sure the LB corp appears to be much improved so that is a positive on Defense.
And:
10. Who will play slot corner? The undrafted rookie who is hurt? Or a player cut from another team…

Project much?

Project what???
I have no idea if this team will be good, bad, or in the middle. And in reality after 2 preseason games, no one else does either. FACT!

Yep
Just means expectations are very low .
But that poster still holds a torch for wanny - so , take his pom poms with a handful of salt
Wanny???? Good riddance as far as I'm concerned.
No pom poms here. I put those down 30 years ago for Pitt football.

But hurry, book your room in Canton for the KP induction. Heard they're going fast!

They have holes all over the place and yet they want to spend draft capital and $30MM a year for a receiver...go figure.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
They have holes all over the place and yet they want to spend draft capital and $30MM a year for a receiver...go figure.
The have a hole at WR and slot CB. QB needs a big upgrade for this team to make a deep run, so you get the future QB some weapons and hope the line develops with the high draft picks in place.

The have a hole at WR and slot CB. QB needs a big upgrade for this team to make a deep run, so you get the future QB some weapons and hope the line develops with the high draft picks in place.
This OL will struggle for continuity for a large chunk of the season it appears. With these QBs it won’t matter who’s playing WR. This is why It appears to me right now that Tomlin has his perfect guy in Russ, who will take a million sacks but won’t turn the ball over and hopefully win games like they did the last 2 years with Kenny. And then hopefully in the back end of the season when the schedule gets tougher, the OL will show improvement and maybe the offense can open up a bit.

Reactions: 303vND
Wanny???? Good riddance as far as I'm concerned.
No pom poms here. I put those down 30 years ago for Pitt football.

But hurry, book your room in Canton for the KP induction. Heard they're going fast!
My apologies than -
It was a different poster .

I root for Kenny because he was the qb on the best team the past 25 years or so .
That you can’t seem to realize keeping Kenny with 2 years of control instead of Fields for 1, as presumed backups - was bad planning - not sure what else to say

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
They don’t .
Don’t believe any of this bluster .
No team makes that stuff so public if they are trying to make a deal .

My apologies than -
It was a different poster .

I root for Kenny because he was the qb on the best team the past 25 years or so .
That you can’t seem to realize keeping Kenny with 2 years of control instead of Fields for 1, as presumed backups - was bad planning - not sure what else to say
I get what you mean. On just pure contractual structure you are right. But obviously this marriage irreconcilable differences that just couldn't be resolved between Kenny and the team. None of us know for sure what happened, but they seemed to lose confidence in him, and he them.

The Steelers offense has been carefully constructed by Omar and Coach T. They will battle with Cleveland for third place in the division. And let’s not forget Cleveland has a good defense also. Going to be a long season for the black and gold.

They don’t .
Don’t believe any of this bluster .
No team makes that stuff so public if they are trying to make a deal .
I didn't believe it for a second, but since that's the scuttlebutt because of the Great Kahn - then I'm going to go with the propaganda.

So how do you get the future QB if you're giving up draft capital? And I thought the Steelers were the Dalai Lama of drafting and developing wide receivers?

So how do you get the future QB if you're giving up draft capital? And I thought the Steelers were the Dalai Lama of drafting and developing wide receivers?
Stink and draft high. Be mediocre and draft one of the QBs that slips. Re-sign Wilson or Fields. Sign a different QB. There's a bunch of ways to acquire a QB. Not many ways to acquire a good QB.

Stink and draft high. Be mediocre and draft one of the QBs that slips. Re-sign Wilson or Fields. Sign a different QB. There's a bunch of ways to acquire a QB. Not many ways to acquire a good QB.
Man...that's like asking for toasted bread on a chit sandwich

I don't even know if Tomlin should get the chance to draft and develop another 1st round rookie QB. He showed with Pickett - and Rudolph before him - that he doesn't really have a plan. Doesn't have any offensive coaches with significant experience in developing young QBs. The offense also lacks talent. The OL looks to be in shambles right now (maybe they'll get better by next year). There's one NFL WR on the roster and a bunch of journeymen and the TE group is one average starter and a bunch of meh. It's among the least talented groups on either side of the ball in the entire NFL. They're basically New England with Pickens.

I haven't seen anything on the offensive side of the ball in the last 4 seasons which leads me to believe that Tomlin won't burn another 1st round rookie QB. And the upcoming 2025 class is basically just a bit better than the 2022 KP class. There's certainly no Caleb Williams and it's unlikely there's even a Drake Maye. So the chances that they not only find a talented rookie QB but then Tomlin can develop him and he succeeds without any real talent seems slim to me. I really think that by the time Tomlin exists the team in 2027 that fans will be absolutely begging him to go. It's going to be a dark few years in Pittsburgh.

I don't even know if Tomlin should get the chance to draft and develop another 1st round rookie QB. He showed with Pickett - and Rudolph before him - that he doesn't really have a plan. Doesn't have any offensive coaches with significant experience in developing young QBs. The offense also lacks talent. The OL looks to be in shambles right now (maybe they'll get better by next year). There's one NFL WR on the roster and a bunch of journeymen and the TE group is one average starter and a bunch of meh. It's among the least talented groups on either side of the ball in the entire NFL. They're basically New England with Pickens.

I haven't seen anything on the offensive side of the ball in the last 4 seasons which leads me to believe that Tomlin won't burn another 1st round rookie QB. And the upcoming 2025 class is basically just a bit better than the 2022 KP class. There's certainly no Caleb Williams and it's unlikely there's even a Drake Maye. So the chances that they not only find a talented rookie QB but then Tomlin can develop him and he succeeds without any real talent seems slim to me. I really think that by the time Tomlin exists the team in 2027 that fans will be absolutely begging him to go. It's going to be a dark few years in Pittsburgh.
A dark few years after sustained success is tolerable. But a dark few years after a decade of nothingness is going to start eroding the brand.

Btw, it’s also on Rooney. If you’re the owner and your team invests in a 1st round QB, you best better have a QB guru on staff. Heck they should have had 2, one as a coordinator and one as a QB coach.

Not having them and in Rooney’s case demanding them is malpractice in the finest.

Shame on him. He’s a putz.

A dark few years after sustained success is tolerable. But a dark few years after a decade of nothingness is going to start eroding the brand.

Btw, it’s also on Rooney. If you’re the owner and your team invests in a 1st round QB, you best better have a QB guru on staff. Heck they should have had 2, one as a coordinator and one as a QB coach.

Not having them and in Rooney’s case demanding them is malpractice in the finest.

Shame on him. He’s a putz.
Yeah. There was a point like 6 years ago that the line started crossing from being completely unreasonable to trash Tomlin to now where he should be gone probably.

I will say, a lot of the early criticisms were ridiculous. The “hip hop coach” bs was absolutely race driven. A lot of things, like a lot of things Coaches are criticized for, are absurd. God knows we saw Dixon get bashed for some unbelievably asinine things (he goes through the handshake line too fast).

I still will argue at a pro level coaches have way less impact than at college. However drafting Pickett then allowing him to develop under Canada was the last straw for me

All this talk about development. Sometimes it’s bad evaluation or a reach just because it’s a QB. KP could still develop, and it’s also possible he’s just not that good. Every QB who failed before him wasn’t from a lack of development. Very few likely.

All this talk about development. Sometimes it’s bad evaluation or a reach just because it’s a QB. KP could still develop, and it’s also possible he’s just not that good. Every QB who failed before him wasn’t from a lack of development. Very few likely.
True, but I think it’s also pretty clear he was but into about the worst situation possible

Reactions: 303vND
True, but I think it’s also pretty clear he was but into about the worst situation possible
It certainly wasn’t ideal. But there are guys who Bill Walsh (or any other great offensive minds) couldn’t develop. The better the coach the better the chance, but for most of the busts or guys who didn’t match their draft status it’s probably marginal.

I posted this earlier this week. It's not just KP. Look at how many round 1-3 picks they've spent on offense since 2020.: Jones, Darnell Washington, Pickett, Pickens, Najee, Pat F, Kendrick Green, Claypool

8 guys in 4 classes.

3 are no longer on the roster. 1 is a reserve. 2 are average (maybe top 15) starters and the RB isn't even the most talented RB on the team. 1 is good.

So two singles and a double. Meh.

That's a terrible hit rate and 2 of the hits are at the lowest value positions - TE and RB.

You can hate the picks but at some point the coach has to get something out of these guys. Especially when he's paid top 2-3 at the position.

The results aren't there anymore. Every season a negative scoring differential. No offensive players developing. No QB on the roster past this season. But we've turned over the GM, OC, QB, WR1, both OTs, C, some OGs and they just never get better. They might be even worse this year than in 2022-2023.

This team is a mess and the only constant through all that is Michael Pettaway Tomlin.

Reactions: pittdan77
I posted this earlier this week. It's not just KP. Look at how many round 1-3 picks they've spent on offense since 2020.: Jones, Darnell Washington, Pickett, Pickens, Najee, Pat F, Kendrick Green, Claypool

8 guys in 4 classes.

3 are no longer on the roster. 1 is a reserve. 2 are average (maybe top 15) starters and the RB isn't even the most talented RB on the team. 1 is good.

So two singles and a double. Meh.

That's a terrible hit rate and 2 of the hits are at the lowest value positions - TE and RB.

You can hate the picks but at some point the coach has to get something out of these guys. Especially when he's paid top 2-3 at the position.

The results aren't there anymore. Every season a negative scoring differential. No offensive players developing. No QB on the roster past this season. But we've turned over the GM, OC, QB, WR1, both OTs, C, some OGs and they just never get better. They might be even worse this year than in 2022-2023.

This team is a mess and the only constant through all that is Michael Pettaway Tomlin.
And right now, Broderick Jones and Darnell Washington aren't looking like great picks. Joey Jr and Keeanu Benton are looking good, though.

I'd add that Dan Moore still being a starter isn't a good sign with the way the OL is looking. They drafted Fautanu (whose really a guard) to play that position with the 20th pick. Day one OL-men need to be ready to play but they waited until there was an injury to put Jones in there last year, too.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT