ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett

Well satire is really funny when it actually comes true one day. So if that Wentworth gaffe ever happens it will be super funny and prophetic. The couch one, I’m not sure if it’s satire because it’s just a blatant lie. But I like good smack talk and that’s pretty funny. Just not as funny as how it duped a lot of dummies.
He’s never denied
You do understand it’s all couch jokes , right
He’s singing 877- COUCH -NOW.
Peter THiel can buy a senator - but he can’t but JD a personality .
Poor guy putting on this whole act to climb a later , but so miserable .

You are still defending him? Why? Do you think he is a good QB? He is far from it. He was a horrible pick for the Steelers and another perfect example of why you don't go into drafts (rd 1) strictly focused on a single position.
I don’t particularly like him, but just like with guys like Jeff Capel and Mason Rudolph, I’m going to defend him until he’s given the chance to succeed in a legitimate situation and not a situation where every single chip was stacked against him at a time he should have been developing. Once we see him in that situation, then I’ll judge. Jeff Capel was never going to be John Wooden or Dean Smith, but he certainly wasn’t what all of you guys were saying he was. And it turns out, me and one other guy on these boards were right. Kenny Pickett is never going to be Dan Marino, but I think he will prove to be an NFL QB you can win with. I might be wrong but time will tell.

they have been trying to get Ayiuk for about 3 months now so i dont think the steelers are any more comfortable with Van Jefferson at the wr2 spot than the fans are.

Yes, it is easily the worst WR unit in the nfl which is why we really need to get Ayiuk.. WIth Ayiuk and Pickens, that makes a terrible wr unit actually pretty respectable. Especially with an effective run game.

Pickens 1 ball for 4 yards. WR1 stuff there.

Ya know he’s also married to a pop star, right ?
He’s more likely to retire than ball out

Sean Payton seems to be correct- RW is a dumbass. After watching Ciara twerk and grind all over a stage for 45 minutes Wednesday night- I am officially endorsing Russ' immediate retirement.

Several things can be true at once.
Steelers offense has problems
OL played terrible
Wilson is not the answer
Neither was KP

Several things can be true at once.
Steelers offense has problems
OL played terrible
Wilson is not the answer
Neither was KP

That's what I lean toward.

The drafting has sucked.

Tomlin sucks.

The o line has sucked.

The receivers suck.

The quarterbacks - I am talking abiut every single one we've been graced with since 2020 - have all sucked.

The tight end sucks.

Najee mostly sucks.

Canada sucked.

Smith looked like he sucks.

The coaching/development has sucked.

Other than that, I am optimistic.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt

The drafting has sucked.

Tomlin sucks.

The o line has sucked.

The receivers suck.

The quarterbacks - I am talking abiut every single one we've been graced with since 2020 - have all sucked.

The tight end sucks.

Najee mostly sucks.

Canada sucked.

Last couple drafts seem good.

Defense should be stout

Pickens is a first rate talent if his head is right

The O line at least has young talent if they get them in the right spots.

It has to be Fields you’d think unless what we saw of Wilson was a fluke due to the relentless pressure.

Preseason scary so far but like last year proved is no predictor of the regular season.

Defense should be stout

It has to be Fields you’d think unless what we saw of Wilson was a fluke due to the relentless pressure.

Preseason scary so far but like last year proved is no predictor of the regular season.

The last few drafts *seem* good, but Jones was awful last night and I've not exactly heard reports of the other two linemen dominating. Obviously they could all three end up being Pro Bowlers; I'm only saying nothing has been written in ink yet other than Jones mostly holding his own last season.

Pickens has a unique skillset, but I don't consider him a #1 receiver at all. He needs a complement, and we don't seem to have one at the moment.

Defense should be fine, yeah. But I thought we were on the upswing with the rebuild... but these preseason games have me wondering if we've not even bottomed out yet.

The drafting has sucked.

Tomlin sucks.

The o line has sucked.

The receivers suck.

The tight end sucks.

Najee mostly sucks.

Canada sucked.

That's all accurate but the yinzers have them going to super bowl...

The last few drafts *seem* good, but Jones was awful last night and I've not exactly heard reports of the other two linemen dominating. Obviously they could all three end up being Pro Bowlers; I'm only saying nothing has been written in ink yet other than Jones mostly holding his own last season.

Pickens has a unique skillset, but I don't consider him a #1 receiver at all. He needs a complement, and we don't seem to have one at the moment.

Defense should be fine, yeah. But I thought we were on the upswing with the rebuild... but these preseason games have me wondering if we've not even bottomed out yet.
Jones I believe had been working at LT and with Fauntanau injury moved over to RT last night.
That isn’t a seamless transition.

Don’t expect rookie or second year OL to dominate do you? Growing pains.

Pickens has the talent to be #1 WR but big gap there so far. Hence the effort to acquire another WR.

Lots of teams are winless in preseason that will be playoff teams. Chiefs and others.

Defense should be stout

What about fields gives anyone any confidence ?
He’s exactly what he’s been in Chicago . Inaccurate and not composed .
For a qb he makes for a good RB and that’s about it .

Jones I believe had been working at LT and with Fauntanau injury moved over to RT last night.
That isn’t a seamless transition.

Don’t expect rookie or second year OL to dominate do you? Growing pains.

Pickens has the talent to be #1 WR but big gap there so far. Hence the effort to acquire another WR.

Lots of teams are winless in preseason that will be playoff teams. Chiefs and others.

No, I don't. However the narrative is that season was a rung on Jones' ascent to greatness, and the reality is that he scored a 60 pff grade (Kenny Pickett had a 70). I liked the last two drafts a lot; all I'm saying is that none of them have done anything to make me call them definitive hits at this time. It took Chuks mouthing off to even get Jones in the lineup, and now they're shuffling he and Moore despite Jones expressing interest on which side he'd like to play. If he were the next Tony Boselli you'd think they would just let him pick a side and tell Dan Moore to make it work at the other spot.

And Pickens' route tree isn't expansive enough to be a #1. At least not a good one.

I was half joking (I think) about everything sucking in my previous post, but things aren't looking too hot at the moment and a universe certainly exists where this season could become an absolutely unmitigated disaster. Both of these quarterbacks suck, in my opinion, so we'll see.

Defense should be stout

The drafts were good overall.

Pickens has a small skillset of top talent right now. He has a lot to prove with his full route tree and if he can do it without any threat at the second spot. Johnson was a frustrating player, but he was a very good route runner and could produce a lot of volume. I watched a film room of the first preseason game that criticized Pickens effort, so I hope this problem doesn't continue into year 2.

The line is still struggling at tackle. They have a lot of really good pieces. Frazier was solid in his first start. Both guards are good along with impressive prospects in Anderson and McCormick. Obviously Fautanu being out hurts. The real concern is Jones. They are bouncing a raw prospect back and forth, which is a terrible idea for development. He also has an injured elbow and appeared to be just physically dominated last night. I won't sound the alarm yet, I just wanted to see more from such a high draft choice in his second year.

Literally type Pickett into Google and see what the national and local Philly media is saying about the game. Dont' go on Twitter to see the Philly reaction because you seem to be so sensitive that you may have to lie down on your fainting couch afterwards.

I hope Kenny has a great NFL career playing for teams that aren't Philly or in the AFC North. Hell, I'd be happy to see Pickett rejoin the Steelers even if his role is Charlie Batch 2.0. I definitely would have preferred him to Fields on the roster because he's a Pitt grad and a known commodity. I was disappointed in the way he handled the Russ signing, wilting in the face of having to compete against an aging star, but I certainly hope he lands on his feet (but not in Philly or the AFC North).
Screw off. Kenny got boned here. End of story

No, I don't. However the narrative is that season was a rung on Jones' ascent to greatness, and the reality is that he scored a 60 pff grade (Kenny Pickett had a 70). I liked the last two drafts a lot; all I'm saying is that none of them have done anything to make me call them definitive hits at this time. It took Chuks mouthing off to even get Jones in the lineup, and now they're shuffling he and Moore despite Jones expressing interest on which side he'd like to play. If he were the next Tony Boselli you'd think they would just let him pick a side and tell Dan Moore to make it work at the other spot.

And Pickens' route tree isn't expansive enough to be a #1. At least not a good one.
Pretty sure when all are healthy you’ll see Jones at LT and Fauntanau at RT with Moore backing both up.
New C from WVU got first start last night and played well.
It’s still early. Fields mobility will be an asset.
Don’t expect AFC championship but do expect competitive team. The D will ensure that.

Pretty sure when all are healthy you’ll see Jones at LT and Fauntanau at RT with Moore backing both up.
New C from WVU got first start last night and played well.
It’s still early. Fields mobility will be an asset.
Don’t expect AFC championship but do expect competitive team. The D will ensure that.

You think Fields will be the QB? I definitely expect Wilson to get the nod. Unfortunately, if you gave Fields from now to the beginning of the season there's a chance he could be our 2nd best receiver, though... the room is looking that bad.

The difference is previously we were subbing in a rookie or sophomore OL into 1 spot in an established OL. Like Decastro or Pouncey .
The OL has been in a total rebouild so now we are seeing how disconnected they are
Jones will be fine , but he had a bad night . Frazier was solid .

Reactions: FreeportPanther
What about fields gives anyone any confidence ?
He’s exactly what he’s been in Chicago . Inaccurate and not composed .
For a qb he makes for a good RB and that’s about it .
Nothing other than false hope.

He's terrible and should have been picked several times. His only quality trait is running, which isn't good for an NFL QB.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
You think Fields will be the QB? I definitely expect Wilson to get the nod. Unfortunately, if you gave Fields from now to the beginning of the season there's a change he could be our 2nd best receiver, though... the room is looking that bad.
I think that’s a real possibility. Bet Wilson will be on short leash.

Steelers made Pickett a multi millionaire and an NFL starter.
What a bone job indeed!!!
It’s very clear now that as I stated at the time - keeping Kenny even as a backup - at least keeps some consistency and gives another year of control on a rookie deal than fields .

I think that’s a real possibility. Bet Wilson will be on short leash.

I don't see Tomlin tolerating the (at least) two turnovers a game that are inevitably going to come with him. I mean, he is going to botch at least one snap per game; that much is given. And he is going to hit the DBs in the chest at least once or twice per game as well.

I could see a frustrating 1-3 start and the city turning on Wilson or something, with Fields taking over after that. But I don't think he'll be the guy initially.

Reactions: FreeportPanther
He might have, but he also is not good.

It's amazing to me that so many people can talk about how incompetent the Steelers are and how all their draft picks sucked without considering the possibility that taking one of the most-scrutinized "first QBs taken" ever was also a dumb move. Like he's the one singular guy they hit on and everyone around him just happens to suck.

Like, yeah.... Najee was a bad pick. Friermuth was a bad pick. So TF was Pickett!

Kenny has looked better than both of the Steelers QBs - and Kenny is not playing with the starters in Philly...so there's that.
Dink and dunk. No passes over 10 yards.
Barely beating out rookie for backup.
So there’s that.

Dink and dunk. No passes over 10 yards.
Barely beating out rookie for backup.
So there’s that.
So.... 8 completions for 47 yards is Air Coryell like? And the barely beating out a rookie was fake news.

"Eagles HC Nick Sirianni reiterated after Thursday night's preseason game that Kenny Pickett is their backup to Jalen Hurts,"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT