ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino's Game Plan

Chescat

All Conference
Jul 5, 2001
Where was Pitino's full court zone pressure defense? Even his half court D was straight up, no frills,
and little overplay on our guards. I'm guessing that he knew Jamie would be practicing against that
all week, and went with just matching his talent against ours'. It almost backfired, since we were
able to work our offense successfully except for the last several minutes. They were able to kick
it up a notch in the end and we weren't. His game plan sure surprised me, but then again, he won...AGAN.

Where was Pitino's full court zone pressure defense? Even his half court D was straight up, no frills,
and little overplay on our guards. I'm guessing that he knew Jamie would be practicing against that
all week, and went with just matching his talent against ours'. It almost backfired, since we were
able to work our offense successfully except for the last several minutes. They were able to kick
it up a notch in the end and we weren't. His game plan sure surprised me, but then again, he won...AGAN.
short bench and we drew some early fouls,,,
likely made him alter his gameplan.

It was because Louisville was so short-handed because of injuries. You can't run a full court press all game without a deep bench.

If you're going only 6 or 7 deep, you can't do it.

Louisville has pressed very, very little this year. I am amazed that people who are paid to write and talk about college basketball dont realize this and spent the entire pregame (on The Fan) talking about Louisville's press. Its not what they do this year.

Louisville has pressed very, very little this year. I am amazed that people who are paid to write and talk about college basketball dont realize this and spent the entire pregame (on The Fan) talking about Louisville's press. Its not what they do this year.
Many are still talking about Pitt's tough defense, too.

Reactions: KiwiJeff
All good points. However in the fist game against us they pressured us to death, and totally
took s out of our offense. Of course doing that at home and on the road are two different
animals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT