ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt -3.5 vs GT

Pitt2006

Sophomore
Jun 19, 2018
Seems dangerous to me. GT seems to play to their level of competition. They have some quad 1/2 wins (@clemson, Duke, Miss State), but also some quad 3/4 losses (ND, BC, Umass Lowell). Pitt needs to come out strong in this one.

I would have thought GT would have been favored by 2 or 3 but there's such a big NET disparity and that's a Vegas predictive metric.

Does a new season start tonight? Beat GT and somehow beat Miami in a place we haven't won at in I cant remember how long and then win a home game against Wake and then you get ND at home and all of a sudden, you are 6-5 and going 7-2 in games after that to make the tournament doesn't seem totally impossible. Obviously games at Wake, at Clem, at NC St would be really difficult though

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
They are when you are a Bottom 4 ACC team. Unless you can play teams that are missing their best players, then the road wins are easier.
odd that the oddsmakers who had Pitt as a 12.5 point dog did not pick up on that...bet you made a bundle betting on the Panthers then, eh?

Was reading the staff picks and saw “Georgia Tech’s body of work is not impressive but this is still a dangerous team at home.” I get the losses but they still beat MissSt, @clemson, Duke…

Classic trap line/let down game possibly for Pitt. If i still bet Pitt, i would bet GT this game. But this team is s unpredictable. Hinson could go 8/8 and we win by 30 or he could go 0/8 and lose by 6

With this Pitt team, anyone can beat us on any given night, and the reverse is also true. I wouldn't touch that line with a 20 ft. pole.

Reactions: jctrack
Unfortunately, we have seen this movie before with Capel’s teams. I am not expecting a win, but certainly will be happy to be wrong!

Right, another one of those things that if we just ignore what you got wrong, you got completely right.

I don't really count the Covid year. That year was so weird. I even forgot we beat Duke that year in another thread. I usually have a good memory when it comes to old Pitt games but that year, with the empty arenas and strange player seating arrangements, its all just a blur. Every game seems the same.

Here's some famous @ Miami memories

- Mid to late 90s - Miami late getting out of the huddle. Ref gives ball to Pitt without Miami on the floor and we get game winning layup. Antoine Jones? Not sure on the player.

- Early 2000s - we lose down there with those 2-3 walk-ons at the end of the bench acting like they never saw a shot made every time Miami made a shot. They were jumping around, so unathletically every time Miami made a play.

- 2003 I believe - JP made either a GW shot at the end or sent it to OT with a buzzer beater. What I remember most was Matt Doherty almost physically fought the play by play guy. They were going at it all game and it got to the point where Doherty said something like we need to take a break so he can kick his ass though he didnt use those words.

Yeah - that’s pretty cowardly
But of course the pro-censorship “libertarian” is ouchy after getting embarrassed by facts again
What facts? The season isn't over. That's when the only relevant facts will be available.

I'm not for censorship. You don't seem to understand what that means.

You sure do like to make stuff up.

What facts? The season isn't over. That's when the only relevant facts will be available.

I'm not for censorship. You don't seem to understand what that means.

You sure do like to make stuff up.
So you define “you never post again “as not censorship ?
Like I said - you offering a wager - without any actual stakes or content is par for the course
Nobody posts more without ever saying anything than you

So you define “you never post again “as not censorship ?
Like I said - you offering a wager - without any actual stakes or content is par for the course
Nobody posts more without ever saying anything than you
I'm in no position to censor. You would be volunteering to stop posting.

Again, you seem to not know what the word means.

Reactions: upj87
Nor do you understand what the word wager means , apparently
let's let the word geeks at Oxford make the call...

cen·sor
/ˈsensər/
noun
an official who examines material that is about to be released, such as books, movies, news, and art, and suppresses any parts that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security.

cen·sorship
/ˈsensərˌSHip/
noun
the suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security.
"the regulation imposes censorship on all media"

Reactions: NCPitt
What’s the wager ?
I may want on this action

We are literally tied for second from last - and it took a historic upset to get our 2nd win
Some of this is due to unfavorable ACC schedule. Had to play UNC and Duke (twice) in early schedule.

Probably will finish around 10-10 in ACC. That only requires going 5-4 the rest of the way. There is still a path to 20 wins with ACCT to go after regular season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT