ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt at UNC Gamethread

I was waiting for them to call a foul on Sibande there on that block. What a huge huge win. Barring a total and complete collapse by Pitt this win should put them in the NCCA Tournament and in the top 25 next week.

Still trying to figure out how we lost to this dreadful FSU team. But it doesn’t really matter if we keep winning!

Reactions: pittbb80
Wow. The sky is the limit. Get this team off "the bubble" !!!
There is no way now you can look at this Pitt team and say they aren’t solidly in the NCCA Tournament. They have road wins at NC State, at Syracuse, and at UNC both road and home. Wins also against Virginia,Miami,and Wake Forest and a win against Northwestern on a neutral floor. That’s 7 very very solid wins. They are in the tournament easily at this point and it’s not even up for debate. They should be a 7 seed I feel given their resume. This Pitt team is good. They have experience, they are tough minded, they play good defense and they have multiple guys that can score a lot of points and shoot the ball. With the right matchups in the tournament in the brackets this Pitt team I easily feel can get to the 2nd weekend of the tournament and make the sweet 16. We have seen it each year with these teams that are successful with the transfer portal like Pitt has been. They are dreadful the year before and the next year they make the Sweet 16 and possibly more. That is who Pitt looks like this year. They definitely have a chance to be one of those teams.

There is no way now you can look at this Pitt team and say they aren’t solidly in the NCCA Tournament. They have road wins at NC State, at Syracuse, and at UNC both road and home. Wins also against Virginia,Miami,and Wake Forest and a win against Northwestern on a neutral floor. That’s 7 very very solid wins. They are in the tournament easily at this point and it’s not even up for debate. They should be a 7 seed I feel given their resume. This Pitt team is good. They have experience, they are tough minded, they play good defense and they have multiple guys that can score a lot of points and shoot the ball. With the right matchups in the tournament in the brackets this Pitt team I easily feel can get to the 2nd weekend of the tournament and make the sweet 16. We have seen it each year with these teams that are successful with the transfer portal like Pitt has been. They are dreadful the year before and the next year they make the Sweet 16 and possibly more. That is who Pitt looks like this year. They definitely have a chance to be one of those teams.
Win at least 5 more regular season game just to be sure ... as the announcers said, this isn't the Pitt team of recent "old"

How is it an offensive foul when you get hit from behind?
I agree, it didn't appear
to be an offensive foul.
But as far as your question,
yes it's possible. All the guy
with the ball has to do is
lean backwards and initiate
the contact. Now, I don't
think that's what happened
on this play, but it is
possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT