ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt @ FSU Game Thread

Protes

All American
Mar 23, 2003
Sluggish start. Looks like we lost some mojo after last 2 losses.

Josh with a 3 and nice assist. Also got nailed with a moving screen but no call.

Need to get Artis going now

I still can't believe that the female announcer thought that was a legal screen. The guy lowered his shoulder and like a linebacker going for a tackle.

This team is kind of a mess right now. Poor play keeps opponents around. No flow....a nice play followed by a series of bad ones. I guess signs of being a bad team, just when you thought the pendulum had swung the other way mid to late in our season...

Female announcer has no bearing on it, but yes, you cannot through your shoulder into the person you are screening, clear foul

seeing the entire season play out right here..

first 6 possessions look to have no clue on how to score

Then score 13 points in a flurry to take a lead

Now back in another funk and FSU hits a desperation to go up 4

just can't get it going away from home

team has really regressed since the Syracuse road win 2 weeks ago

Josh is the only upside today so far

Defense bad, offense getting worse. These guys need to stick to what was working. Young needs to stay inside the three point line by about 10 feet.

yeah - forcing bad fallaways and then trying to score over 7 footers... just pop out and hit those mid-range jumpers - they are there all day

We start our offense too early with last possession. 10 second mark eaves other team a chance to score, whether we score or not.

Not exactly a clinic on how to play offense in that first half. 25-23 FSU at the half.

Only reason this is only a 2 point game is FSU's turnovers (11). I suspect we'll be better offensively in second half, though.

shot 34% in the first half

Young 2-8, Newkirk 2-6 but has 7 points, Jones has 5 so 12 points from the bench

Starters combine for 11 points shooting 5 for 16

out rebounded 18-12

FSU shooting 45%, 3 for 6 shooting 3s (Pitt 3 for 9 shooting 3s)

Pitt looks like a Seton Hall or Providence or another BE marginal team from years ago. Really time for the memo to Jamie to get your sh** together period. Start the clock at least so Dixon now understands unless things get materially better, he will be fired. Now I do think Dixon has two years to turn this back into a top 10 two seed program and Pitt can't afford the pending apathy that a mediocre program turns into. Dixon may never have thought that was a possibility but he has to be told that is a very real possibility and this is just not acceptable. I hope Dixon gets it but he is hard headed and I believe the ACC move was not something he really got behind.

Pitt looks like a Seton Hall or Providence or another BE marginal team from years ago. Really time for the memo to Jamie to get your sh** together period. Start the clock at least so Dixon now understands unless things get materially better, he will be fired. Now I do think Dixon has two years to turn this back into a top 10 two seed program and Pitt can't afford the pending apathy that a mediocre program turns into. Dixon may never have thought that was a possibility but he has to be told that is a very real possibility and this is just not acceptable. I hope Dixon gets it but he is hard headed and I believe the ACC move was not something he really got behind.

It's disappointing, but it doesn't look like there is any urgency on the part of the Pitt players. Lot of standing around on both offense and defense. At this point, what do we have to lose by playing freshman and walk-ons, if they try. Send message to these guys.

Credit to Newk for playing better today. But, boy, we are making some dumb, unforced TO's as a team.

Play Luther some minutes again. He has fallen from grace for sure. How about the def lecak played. Wright should just sit next to Randall....period. This team is playing very poorly.

Turpin 5 for 5 and 4 boards

Josh with 10

Getting owned on the boards 24-15

Somebody needs to show some floor leadership

Play Luther some minutes again. He has fallen from grace for sure. How about the def lecak played. Wright should just sit next to Randall....period. This team is playing very poorly.

All you can say right now is maybe the other team will choke one away for a change. Lucky it's only a 7-point game.

Down 9 with under 6:00 to go. We need a minor miracle. Really disappointing end to the season.

will be clear underdog in ACC opener against probably NC State who is playing very well and wants to lock up their dance bid

I don't think there is any might there. Can't win with this type of effort.

what a horrible last 2 possessions. Pathetic pass/turnover by Robinson then and equally pathetic pass/turnover by Wright.

Pitt players do not value ball possession, too many ridiculous turnovers. Especially from their guards.

Why did they think they needed to shoot 3 pointers there?

Can't wait for JRob to graduate. Need guards that can actually make wide open shots.

34.5% from field and 23.8% (5-22) from 3.
embarassed.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT